Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

CRLs for Sabine (Season 1)

• 20 Replies

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
CRLs for Sabine (Season 1)
« on: Aug 07, 2014, 02:50 PM »

Sabine V1 - Rebels

Helmet
•   Dome, brow band and keyslots must be painted fuchsia/maroon.
•   Upper cheeks must be painted medium-dark grey.
•   Mandibles must be painted dark red/burgundy.
•   The rear panels and lower cheeks must be painted light grey.
•   The right ear must be painted light grey with a fuchsia/maroon oval
•   The left ear must be painted fuchsia/maroon with a raised cylinder painted light grey.
•   The dome of the helmet must feature a stylized eye design who’s main color matches the mandibles, outlined in silver with an orange pupil.
•   Must feature a metallic range finder stalk with a black rangefinder topper with a grey lens greeblie on top of the rangefinder.

Flight Suit
•   Must be a cotton or cotton blend stretch material two-piece garment with the top being black with a grey pattern and the pants being light brown with a khaki pattern
•   The top must be short sleeved and the pants must be able to tuck into the boots.
•   Top must have a high collar that splits in the front

Boots
•   Must be made of black leather or leather-like material.
•   Must fit snug to the wearer
•   Must have a black high-heel wedge sole.
•   Must be high enough to stop just below the knee.
•   Must be weathered and paint splattered to match references.

Chest Armor
•   Consists of collar armor, right and left chest plates, and center diamond.
•   Must be at least 3mm thick.
•   Chest plates, collar plates, and center diamond must be painted fuchsia/maroon.
•   Left chest plate must feature an orange stylized design to match references
•   Right chest plate must must feature two diagonal stripes painted to match references..
•   All plates must be painted and weathered to match references both in color and weathering pattern.
•   All armor must attach securely to the top with proper spacing.

Shoulder Armor
•   Must be at least 3mm thick. Must have four points and must curve around the upper arm and shoulder.
•   Right shoulder must be light grey with a faded checker pattern.
•   Left shoulder must be orange with a stylized hound illustration in faded fuchsia/maroon.
•   Must be painted and weathered to match references both in color and weathering pattern.

Knee Armor
•   Knee armor must be painted fuchsia/maroon.
•   Right knee must feature a vertical white stripe.
•   Must be painted to match references in both color and weathering pattern.

Holster Belt
•   Must be a medium brown leather or leather like material that secures via metal rectangular buckle in front.
•   Must feature 2 drop holsters with an angular design
•   Must have two metallic loops on either side of the belt buckle with the holster connecting between the buckle and the loop.
•   Must feature two horizontal metallic loops where the holster connects to the belt in the back.
•   Must feature a droid caller-style communication device affixed horizontally to the left side

Gloves
•   Must be black leather or leather-like material.
•   Must extend to about 2-3 inches below the elbow.
•   Must be weathered and paint splattered to match references.

Elbow Armor
•   Must at least 3mm thick.
•   Must be painted fuchsia/maroon.
•   Must be two plates that connect when the arm is straightened and separate when the arm is bent.
•   Must be painted and weathered to match references

Boot Armor
•   Must be painted fuchsia/maroon.

Westar-35 pistols
•   Animated Clone Wars style pistols.
•   Must be a mismatched pair with one being painted blue, black, and grey, and the other painted grey, black, and orange.
•   Must be painted and weathered to match references in color and weathering pattern.

Paint Sprayer (Optional)
•   Must be constructed to match visual references.
•   Must feature a red rocker switch on the front of the device.
•   Must feature a silver paint canister in the back.
•   Must feature 5 round, silver push buttons on the left side.
•   Must be painted, weathered, and paint splattered to match visual references.

« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2017, 04:34 PM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
Re: CRLs for Sabine
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2014, 03:14 PM »
•   Left shoulder must feature a red ESB-specific Mythosaur skull set on a white background.

Think this might be a typo.  Also the pinstriping on the helmet is silver, per Dave Filoni's notes.  Aside from that this looks spot on!  :)

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2014, 05:54 PM »
My bad! Fixed  :)

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2014, 06:05 PM »
This is awesomely thorough.  I'm trying to get the ball rolling for Sabine standards over on the Legion boards as well, would you mind if I  based them on this?  I wrote up a set but they honestly weren't this good.  ;)

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2014, 06:18 PM by Eitanya » Logged

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2014, 06:26 PM »
I'm still blown away that you did this with nothing but reference shots. Now I'm looking forward to see some Sabine builds since we have a solid base to go off of.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2014, 09:10 PM »
This is awesomely thorough.  I'm trying to get the ball rolling for Sabine standards over on the Legion boards as well, would you mind if I  based them on this?  I wrote up a set but they honestly weren't this good.  ;)

Please do! I love having as much consistency as possible between our standards and those of our sister groups.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2014, 01:14 AM »
Be glad to help as well on this CRL!!

StormTrooperLeighyaCosplay
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2015, 12:03 AM »
Thaxos I tried to send you a PM and it is not showing up ion my sent items and not sure if you recieved it or not. If not could you pm me I have some questions please and TY!!

StormTrooperLeighyaCosplay

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2015, 03:45 AM »
I did indeed receive it, I've responded and copied the Personnel Officer to provide more in depth information.

Vix

• VI.IX.MMXIII
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2015, 12:42 PM »
Anyone see the new Star Wars Rebels that aired 2/2/2015 called "Vision of Hope"?

Sabine has some sweet new gauntlets over her gloves, hip pouches, and leg flares (like x-wing pilots have). Maybe these could be "optional" requirements as well? I found some screenshots online.

- Vix

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2015, 03:42 AM »
Thanks Vix!

I'm fairly sure that Filoni and the team are just going to be adding subtle additions to her armor throughout the series - just to make it that much more difficult for us to pin down the "most accurate Sabine" haha!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2015, 01:59 PM »
Official colors from Dave Filoni's blog. The pallet is Pantone colors -

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2015, 03:24 PM »
Thanks! That's very helpful for our Sabine builders.

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2015, 03:22 PM »
Some high-resolution versions too. :D

The following two are images posted by Dave Filoni himself with some suggestions.  Some of his suggestions are not approved options for the Mercs unfortunately.  Craft foam and reapainted sports knees will not be accepted.  Armor must be made out of a rigid material (hard plastic recommended) and knees must not be recognizable as any type of sports gear.

« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2015, 03:28 PM by Kol Hokan » Logged
Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Aramys Strael

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #14 on: Apr 11, 2015, 04:33 AM »
A lot of the costumes that I have seen, the groove on the front buckle has been colored in black. We do see a bit of a discoloration in some of the reference photos, but that could be just to show that it is a groove.

Just putting it out there, but here is an approved Sabine Wren in the Rebel Legion:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=edit&a=9693&bu=coslist.php%3Fview%3Dlco%26sid%3Db05e4b79a267ce0203bbf863ef73a2df&bl=Back+to+applications&sid=2db6234f9171e65160a50ab0b4abebd3

Here is a close up of the buckle. The groove looks like it has been colored in.
http://s33.photobucket.com/user/lakrog/media/Miscellaneous/SabineGloves_zpsf0a57c9a.jpg.html

Bill Kohlleppel
250th Mandalorian Merc Member
MAJIC operative #009
MAAM #001
ORB ORS009
Ewok Relocation Agent #002
HORSEMAN: PESTILENCE
Kote at ner aliit, kote at an ner vode!

Eitanya

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 09:59 PM »
I've had some people ask, are we accepting boots that aren't leather/pleather all the way around?  A lot of ladies' boots have a neoprene-like material on the back.  Example: http://www.amazon.com/Anne-Klein-Womens-Durwyn-Synthetic/dp/B00MQ2R5G2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1430877494&sr=8-3&keywords=anne+klein+knee+high+wedge+boot

Dingo_Largo

• NorCal Freelancer
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #16 on: Mar 05, 2016, 03:24 PM »

Hey everybody,
I just wanted to post what colors that I have found that best color match the Season 1 Sabine Wren helmet. I took the character model sheet that has the color swatches for the helmet and armor, that can be found on Starwars.com to the local retailer I got to for hardware. I best matched the colors and this is what I found, starting in the left;
•Metallic shimmer nickel-helmet base
•Watermelon-this is the darker pink on the top if the helmet
•Purple-for the mandibles and wing design
•Granite-for the upper part of the cheeks 
•Bright Orange-For the two orange dots on the forehead if the helmet

Not pictured are a brushable black and a dark metallic grey

•Black-pinstripe on the mandible and cheek framing the granite color
•Dark Metallic Grey-used lightly to dingy up the metallic nickel on the helmet for weathering and to highlight the pinstripe of silver/nickel around the lower wing design.

The bright orange pictured is a color I have owned and is a step below fluorescent and is the same color orange you use as a base when doing a realistic flame paint scheme.
Hopefully this will shed some light on the proper colors to use for your DIY Sabine Helmet. 

Dingo Largo
-NorCal Freelancer-
Wolves of Mandalore
MMCC #1377- WoM #32 - TC #50
Mando Rider #35 - B.o.B.B. #19
NDWO #39 - QMU #58 - GGG SL13770

Instagram - @DravensTotalCustoms
Facebook -DravensTotalCustoms
Twitter - TheDravenCorvus

Rika Takli

• 5 foot short chaotic neutral trash can
« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2016, 09:02 PM »
Question?  So does Sabine have her cheeks cut out or not.  In the descriptive part... slightly modified night owl but lacks the cut cheeks like Bo Katana. And please define more traditional shape like Boba Fett? 

Thanks

Sydney Mae
Southern Indiana

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #18 on: Apr 10, 2016, 12:33 PM »

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Dingo_Largo

• NorCal Freelancer
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #19 on: Apr 10, 2016, 01:34 PM »
Question?  So does Sabine have her cheeks cut out or not.  In the descriptive part... slightly modified night owl but lacks the cut cheeks like Bo Katana. And please define more traditional shape like Boba Fett? 

Thanks

If you watch the episode Protectors of Concord Dawn, there a few times when Sabine is talking to Kanan, they show her at a rear 3/4 view and it shows how her cheeks meet up to the mandibles. To me it shows that her cheeks are semi-Modern/boba style. In my research in this particular helmet it is a hybrid of the night owl and modern for a compete unique helmet.

Dingo Largo
-NorCal Freelancer-
Wolves of Mandalore
MMCC #1377- WoM #32 - TC #50
Mando Rider #35 - B.o.B.B. #19
NDWO #39 - QMU #58 - GGG SL13770

Instagram - @DravensTotalCustoms
Facebook -DravensTotalCustoms
Twitter - TheDravenCorvus

Rika Takli

• 5 foot short chaotic neutral trash can
« Reply #20 on: Apr 19, 2016, 09:31 PM »
Hey thanks for the info.

southern Indiana
syd

Sydney Mae
Southern Indiana

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!