Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

DC-18r Blaster (WIP) Update 15/03/2015 lights!

• 36 Replies

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
Re: DC-18r Blaster thread (WIP) Updated 28/09 - Almost There!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 04, 2014, 04:39 AM »
Agreed.  The leather wrap kinda brings down an otherwise spectacular mod.
What do I think? ...Other than maybe replacing the leather wrap with something thinner, this is one of the best Nerf mods I have seen! Period.

Ori'kandosii!

Thanks for the feedback Vode, I'll get right on it! :)

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #16 on: Oct 05, 2014, 05:17 AM »
Hell of a mod job. I wish I had your skill. Going to have to look over my pistols tomorrow and then maybe look over some strategies people have on here.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

Korran Orainn

« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 2014, 08:56 AM »
Hell of a mod job. I wish I had your skill. Going to have to look over my pistols tomorrow and then maybe look over some strategies people have on here.

Thank you for the kind words! I have no skill at all, this was the first thing of this scale I've ever done! Its all trial and error (in my case, usually error!) and a nice bits box.

Glad you've enjoyed the thread so far dude :)

Korran Orainn

« Reply #18 on: Oct 08, 2014, 11:39 AM »
I was just thinking, it'd be nice to hear from some chaps from the approval team regarding this build. Assuming I apply proper leather strips and not my bodged attempt, tidy up the paintwork, sort out the display and whatnot, what else would need to be done in order to make it passable? Anything glaring I am missing out on that I can action?

Thanks for the responses thus far all, I've been waylaid by work on my bucket, but I shall be returning soon with cabling and other cool stuff!

« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2014, 09:05 AM »
I was just thinking, it'd be nice to hear from some chaps from the approval team regarding this build. Assuming I apply proper leather strips and not my bodged attempt, tidy up the paintwork, sort out the display and whatnot, what else would need to be done in order to make it passable? Anything glaring I am missing out on that I can action?

Thanks for the responses thus far all, I've been waylaid by work on my bucket, but I shall be returning soon with cabling and other cool stuff!

Well I'm not approval team but one way to have your leather strips (and perhaps a different way than usual) is to have it as a leather sling wrapped around the pistol grip to keep it out of the way.

Beskar'gam Progress: Design Stage
Ren Tinith Concept Thread [Drop Pack - Armoury]

Winter's Dawn
« Reply #20 on: Oct 15, 2014, 12:55 PM »
Looks good, vod.

I'm not on the app team either, but if its supposed to be a cross between the DC-15s and the E-11. I'd extend the back a bit.

See how the backs sticks out more.

Your's looks more like a cross between a DC-15s and a DC-17m, to me. Not saying that's a bad thing. But really all I see that's similar to the e-11 is the scope and the left hand mag. (Course I'm just assuming that's the mag on the left.)
This is all just my opinion, but the shorter end on it still looks nerfy, specially with that grip. But again, its just me.

It really does look good as is. I just think it looks more like the back end of a DC-17m with the front of a DC-15s.

Korran Orainn

« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2014, 04:32 PM »
Looks good, vod.
I'm not on the app team either, but if its supposed to be a cross between the DC-15s and the E-11. I'd extend the back a bit.

See how the backs sticks out more.
Your's looks more like a cross between a DC-15s and a DC-17m, to me. Not saying that's a bad thing. But really all I see that's similar to the e-11 is the scope and the left hand mag. (Course I'm just assuming that's the mag on the left.)
This is all just my opinion, but the shorter end on it still looks nerfy, specially with that grip. But again, its just me.

It really does look good as is. I just think it looks more like the back end of a DC-17m with the front of a DC-15s.

Exactly the feedback I needed Vod, thanks very much!
I've been waylaid with making my Beskar, but to anyone following this thread; stay tuned, I shall return!

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Great mod you have going on here!

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Guy'ikaab

• I am Ghengis Kahn bathed in rainbow sherbert!
« Reply #23 on: Oct 16, 2014, 12:13 AM »
Your's looks more like a cross between a DC-15s and a DC-17m, to me. s.

So what you're saying, Vod's made a DC-16

Some say he can jump-start a firespray by headbutting its control panel, and that his favorite pastime is throwing Ewoks into a lake of fire. He's not the Stig, he's the Stig's mandalorian cousin.

Mir'Sheb #022
M.A.J.I.C. #148
Grey Brigade OT guard #050
MA#141
"lenedat de'da, jii kyr'adyc"

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #24 on: Oct 17, 2014, 10:36 AM »
If you ask me I'd say that the bumps ontop of the baster still look pretty nerfy, as does the handle. I'd suggest you sand off the bumps on top and leave it smooth.

As for he handle, yes you can fix it by wrapping it with leather yeah. But I personally think it would look 100x better if you mod the handle to look like that of a DC or E11, You have the skill, and I feel it would make this great build perfect.

I also think extending the back would be a pretty good call as it looks rather front heavy.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Korran Orainn

« Reply #25 on: Dec 22, 2014, 09:20 AM »
Hey all,

Got some progress in on the blaster this weekend!

Whilst I still need new leather and a charm-type dealio to hang from the blaster, I have started to address some things:

new backend to be more compliant with the swarzy-feel:

cabling and small details:

My friend is currently working on a short movie, which shall feature myself and this blaster. I gave him a side-on image of the blaster for his mockups on what my helmet HUD will look like in film:

That's all for now! :)

Firax Black

• Get tagged and you're gonna die
Re: DC-18r Blaster (WIP) Edits and cool news! 22/12/14
« Reply #26 on: Dec 29, 2014, 11:57 AM »
that looks awesome. :o

big man

• Peace through superior firepower
« Reply #27 on: Jan 14, 2015, 01:30 PM »
So what's happening with the video the gun looks awesome but I wanna see that vid ;D

You can't tell me you never wave your hand at automatic doors

Korran Orainn

« Reply #28 on: Jan 14, 2015, 05:51 PM »
Cheers Vode!

My fellow applicant, Jer'ari Orainn, is our Director! We're due to film in early February with the short movie hopefully being released around March. Stay tuned on that one! :D

« Reply #29 on: Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 AM »
This is so awesome vod! If you can't find any good leather I recommend maybe using duck cloth. I am making a sniper mod right now and I gotta say it looks pretty good

Cabur Akaata #51
QMU Supporter #40
K.O.M.S #042
M.A.D. #061
TI-5785
JulioAndy(Rodrigo)
Armor WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=84899.0
Character Story http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=fanfics;sa=story;id=63

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!