Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bandolier Question

• 11 Replies

Kess Val'krov

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
Bandolier Question
« on: Jul 17, 2014, 03:05 PM »
What are some ways to attach this to my shoulder so it wont fall off?

WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=64174.0

MMCC OM : 1077
M.A.J.I.C. : 145
B.O.M.B. : 50
M.A.C.K. Daddy : 12
CSCMS : 11
M.A.D. : 62
Ewok Relocation Agency : 39
S.O.S. : 3
Elegant Mando's Tea Society : 135

A'den Kote

• NOM
Re: Bandolier Question
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2014, 04:33 PM »
I had to permanently attach mine to my back so it would stop moving my plates but mine goes across not just down I use my cape to cover where it is attached. You can always use a back plate the same way. If you don't want it to be permanent you can always add a Velcro strip to the bandalier as well as the shoulder of your flight suit. or with yours glue a Chicago screw to the bottom of the clip and run it threw your vest or flight suit

hope that helps.

You don't stop when you are dying you stop when you are dead- Aden Kote

Kess Val'krov

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2014, 05:34 PM »
That does help. Thank you. I think I'll do velcro. I was thinking that I would just do a little stitch through the vest into the bandolier.

A'den Kote

• NOM
« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2014, 06:35 PM »
I would get stick back and attach it to the bottom of the clip and sew on for the vest or flight suit

You don't stop when you are dying you stop when you are dead- Aden Kote

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Is that actually a bandoleer or is it just a shoulder rope? Ie are you wearing it across your chest or off one shoulder?

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Kess Val'krov

« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2014, 08:51 PM »
Off the shoulder. Not across the chest. I probably got the name mixed up.

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2014, 10:59 PM »
That's all good. The attachment method will still work.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2014, 02:22 PM »
The proper term is aiguillette but shoulder rope gets the point across just fine. The one I have to wear for work just has a safety pin stitched in the bottom, so it can easily be removed to wash whatever it is attached to.   

Kess Val'krov

« Reply #8 on: Jul 21, 2014, 01:10 PM »
The one I have to wear for work just has a safety pin stitched in the bottom, so it can easily be removed to wash whatever it is attached to.

That's a good idea. I'll have to look into it. My vest is pleather, so I'll see if I can get the safety pin through it.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2014, 05:19 PM »
The proper term is aiguillette but shoulder rope gets the point across just fine. The one I have to wear for work just has a safety pin stitched in the bottom, so it can easily be removed to wash whatever it is attached to.
I always wondered what the proper name of those things... :D

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Aug 25, 2014, 05:54 AM »
another idea is to saw some Velcro round the rope and have some more Velcro under your shoulder plate to attach it to

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #11 on: Aug 25, 2014, 08:51 AM »
I used the safety pin method.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!