Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Should I use a lining for a Pleather Vest?

• 3 Replies

Xolad

Should I use a lining for a Pleather Vest?
« on: Aug 09, 2014, 09:15 PM »
Hey all I'm having someone help me out with making my soft parts and all I have left is the Flak Vest. I plan on using pleather as the material, but I was wondering if I should use a kind of lining for the inside of the vest since all there really is is just a thin layer of cotton.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Should I use a lining for a Pleather Vest?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2014, 09:58 PM »
Short answer, yes. Longer answer, yes, it helps absorb moisture. Also, the pleather is really too thin to support your plates on its own.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Xolad

« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2014, 10:23 PM »
Short answer, yes. Longer answer, yes, it helps absorb moisture. Also, the pleather is really too thin to support your plates on its own.

Awesome Thanks!

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2014, 05:52 PM »
Yeah, a lining would be a good idea. Even with my duck cloth, it's a double-layer of material so it can stand up on it's own. I would imagine a double layer of pleather would be HOT though, so definitely something more breathable would be good.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!