Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Distributed Armour Party

• 10 Replies

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Distributed Armour Party
« on: Aug 10, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Alright, Vode.    I am hours of actual work time away from being done and applying.  Which means some time in the next couple of weeks I'll actually be done.   I want to start building some sort of community here in what will soon be a clan of our own and I realize that a lot of us live hours away from each other so I was thinking a weekly-ish online armour/crafting/building/whatever party.  I'm stealing the idea from a guy I know on facebook who does propmaking full time and sets up a weekly propmaking party with a few friends to keep him company while he works and it works well for him.

So Tomorrow [Monday, 11 August] at/around 8 pacific time I'll be opening up a webcam hangout for whoever wants to join in, work, lurk, ask questions, get to know each other.  You don't need a webcam to participate, there is a text chat feature as well.  This will be my first time organizing one myself so expect a few technical difficulties.  PM me here or on Facebook if you want in and I'll get back to you with the link to join in when it is up and running.  [[Google+ account required to join in videochat, I don't believe one is required watch or send text chat to participants]

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
Re: Distributed Armour Party
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2014, 03:46 PM »
This is a good plan!
Take into consideration, that a lot of the regulars here, may only pop in now an then (I use to be a ghost), so if the idea doesn't pan out tonight, give another try in 2 -3 weeks when more members have popped in and have had a look.

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2014, 03:50 PM »
This is a good idea. Not one I'll be able to participate in, but still good!

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2014, 05:38 PM »
I am going to leave this open-ended.   So far nobody has asked for an invite so if anyone wants in, get in touch.   Absolute worst case, someone asks to join an it'll actually MAKE me get some work done :-P   Tomorrow I'll be sewing all night to get my soft parts done.  Then just waiting on some more leather to do up the straps and I'm golden.

Serim - why can't you join in?   If it is lack of webcam or mic, you can still watch and text chat with whoever joins in.

Late Crusader WIP

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2014, 08:24 AM »
It's a lack of technology. Monthly bandwidth limit of 2GB doesn't go very far when you start video chatting :rolleyes:

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2014, 12:29 PM »
Egads!    We need an extractionteam!   Serim is stuck in the 90's! 😁

Sorry to hear it, that's rough

Late Crusader WIP

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2014, 12:48 PM »
Hey, I'll take the 2GBs over the dial-up I was stuck on early last year! :P

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2014, 10:22 PM »
did serin say he was dealing with dail up just last year . ok I am grab you all and we are getting him and showing him 2014 . but really serin i am sorry about that .

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2014, 10:31 PM »
Yeah, he lives out a ways.

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2014, 11:45 PM »
ok i have started to paint my armour this even . but i have run out of paint and have to wait to get some more . damit

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2014, 03:47 PM »
Think this has a chance of happening again? I've had a wifi upgrade (10GBs a month for me now!), I've started using Google+ for it's texting ability recently, and I have a place I could go to with unlimited wifi for video chats!

This link should get you to my profile so you can add me on G+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/

EDIT: I found and added you, Zophar :D

« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014, 06:35 PM by Serim Merec » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!