Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kryamla's Soft Parts WIP

• 56 Replies

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
Re: Kryamla's Soft Parts WIP
« Reply #15 on: Aug 24, 2014, 08:17 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about the soft top to the boots. One your knee armor will most likely cover most of it up, second they almost give off a Padme vibe, don't know why.

I hope that's good!  :laugh:

Looking good!  Although I agree about the knitted tops - I do think it would look better without them.  Knits just don't seem very MandoTough(TM) :laugh:

I see what you mean for sure! But, I was just going to leave them for now. They can always be removed or tucked in at a later time!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #16 on: Aug 24, 2014, 09:57 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about the soft top to the boots. One your knee armor will most likely cover most of it up, second they almost give off a Padme vibe, don't know why.

I'm gonna disagree with you, ner' vod....I actually like it that way!

BTW, Excellent job Kry!  These are looking great so far!

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Aug 24, 2014, 11:22 PM »

Thank you so much!  :) 

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Aug 25, 2014, 05:14 AM »
raet work so far vod ;) Nice sowing skills ;)

Love the boots ;) i\ like the knitted tops of them myself  :rolleyes: Looks like it seals you in

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Aug 25, 2014, 08:45 AM »
I'm gonna disagree with you, ner' vod....I actually like it that way!

Not sure what your point was, I never said I didn't like them. But regardless, considering how high on her leg the knit part sits, when the knee armor is strapped on, it will cover a fair amount of the soft part.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #20 on: Aug 26, 2014, 04:42 PM »
raet work so far vod ;) Nice sowing skills ;)

Love the boots ;) i\ like the knitted tops of them myself  :rolleyes: Looks like it seals you in

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that!  ;D

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #21 on: Sep 10, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Super Minor Update:

Sorry about the lack of updates lately! School has started up again and that is super time consuming (only one more semester then I'll be a college graduate, yay!). Anyway...the body liner (for my flight suit) is delivered, just needs to be picked up! Expect a picture update soon with that! I ordered a vest so that should be here within a week or so! Also ordered is the kydex, should be here soon too, therefore work on the armor portion will begin fairly soon!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #22 on: Sep 12, 2014, 06:31 PM »
As promised, here is the body liner with everything so far! As I look at everything, I'm thinking that the sash thing looks too wide however, I'll make the final call to make it smaller once everything is finished.

(if the white doesn't look exactly white, I promise that it is; I'm just wearing a grey tank top underneath because the material is super sheer and I didn't really want to give y'all a show!)

On an unrelated note, the kydex came in too so I'll be starting the armor hopefully soon!!  ;D

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #23 on: Sep 25, 2014, 11:07 PM »
Long time no post. Sorry about that vode but school has taken over! The vest came in! I need to add the cap sleeve-y things still lol

(The picture is crooked)

So I made another sash but I don't like it and I'm feeling quite confused about how to make one. So I could use some help! I prefer a sash over a girth belt. Any suggestions, hints, advice would be a huge help!  :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Veman Gilamar

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #24 on: Sep 25, 2014, 11:33 PM »
I like the purple sash, and agree its a good idea to make the call on the width after you have your plates done.

« Reply #25 on: Sep 25, 2014, 11:37 PM »
So I made another sash but I don't like it and I'm feeling quite confused about how to make one. So I could use some help! I prefer a sash over a girth belt. Any suggestions, hints, advice would be a huge help!  :)

Got a sketch of what you'd like to do with it?  Then maybe I could pass along some specific advice, or throw some rough pattern advice your way.

As far as suggestions go though, I attached my sash and girthbelt together as one piece....easier if you have to go to the bathroom :P

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2014, 08:55 AM by Pheonix023 » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #26 on: Sep 26, 2014, 09:47 AM »
Got a sketch of what you'd like to do with it?  Then maybe I could pass along some specific advice, or throw some rough pattern advice your way.

As far as suggestions go though, I attached my sash and girthbelt together as one piece....easier if you have to go to the bathroom :P

I'll work on a sketch and post it, but since I'm so frustrated I might come back to it lol. I do know that I want the sash separate for everything for exactly that reason! Lol ;D

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #27 on: Oct 03, 2014, 07:04 PM »
hey everyone! got started on the armor in the last few days. i got the shoulder armor started but I need to add the shoulder bells to the vest but I wanted to check to see if the location of the shoulder armor is okay before I add the shoulder bells?

These are just taped on (not very well but...) If the location looks alright, I will go ahold and draft the shoulder bells! :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Veman Gilamar

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #28 on: Oct 03, 2014, 11:18 PM »
Location looks good as does the size, are you putting the shoulders where they are or on the inside of the vest?

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #29 on: Oct 04, 2014, 02:30 AM »
The actual armor will be on the vest, the fabric will be starting underneath the vest then going out to follow the direction of the armor. I plan on posting pictures tomorrow when I work on them :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!