Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Using Digital Picture Frames instead of expensive custom electronics

• 27 Replies

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
Made a top plate for a gaunt and hollowed it out to fit a keyboard and photoframe, thanks to this thread I built this whole gauntlet for an approximate 7:

Still a WIP of course!

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Top shelf mate! That's fantastic

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014
That looks awesome - keep us updated on this one!

Simmy_82

• Vash Noth
Looks awesome that gauntlet. Thinking of putting one in mine too.

WIPs
Helmet - Complete
Armour - Complete
Soft Parts - Complete
Weapons - Complete
Gaunts - Complete

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
Ooh, I'm gonna have to remember this for Sabine's new gauntlets. :D

Korran Orainn

Thanks for the kind words, all!

As a reference, the photoframe in question is an Advent ADE-MDPF 1.5 I bought this here in the UK from Amazon for 3. It's got quite a chunky back, so you will need to cut in to your gaunt. Furthermore, if you have a Windows 7 or later machine, you will have to jimmy the software a little to get it to work!

That said, the results are great:

That has come out sweeter than sweet!  ;D

Simmy_82

• Vash Noth
What images did you use??

WIPs
Helmet - Complete
Armour - Complete
Soft Parts - Complete
Weapons - Complete
Gaunts - Complete

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Oh wow, that's awesome work.  You integrated it nicely into your gaunt, and I love the images.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Korran Orainn

Oh wow, that's awesome work.  You integrated it nicely into your gaunt, and I love the images.

True praise, Mand'alor, 'tis but a Work in Progress!

Thank you very much for your kind works, all, it's what keeps me working towards OM :)

Your gauntlets are pretty much exactly what I want for my build. I'm going for a sniper/hacker look so I want a lot of electronics.

Ziike

• If you run, you'll only die tired.
Can you hook us all up and share the images you used? Might be a lot to ask, but... I'm asking.  ;D

Bubblehead

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Here are some of the ones I used for the one in my guantlet

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!