Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

weapon build first timer

• 15 Replies
weapon build first timer
« on: Aug 25, 2014, 08:22 PM »
so here are some pics of my first go a modding a toy gun. Replaced the front barrel with PVC, added a PVC scope and some PVC along the sides. I know my mods are not at the level as some of these builds, but i'm learning.

be sure to check out my armor build wip
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79154.0

Midnightsaint

• DTA
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: weapon build first timer
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2014, 09:42 PM »
I would suggest to cut off the trigger guard. It still says Glock to me with that signature turn out guard. Other than that, it looks good.

Draar Urmankalar Ash'ad

Tusken Waiter

• Heavy Class Mando | Race-Tusken Raider | kills-284
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2014, 10:27 PM »
You will probably want to sand down the side rails and maybe try it without the flash light attachment and including like midnight saint cut the trigger guard  ;D

Im a Heavy Class Mandalorina by the name of Davun Ijod. I was born Tusken Raider, turned into a Rogue Bounty Hunter. Was adopted by a Mandalorian couple after they stole a prisoner shuttle craft carrying several types of species of of people. I am now the shadow that tends to follow. Now give me my credits 
GIFSoup[/URL

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2014, 03:06 PM »
You will probably want to sand down the side rails and maybe try it without the flash light attachment and including like midnight saint cut the trigger guard  ;D
Agreed on both points.  Cut down the grip, minimize the appearance of (or remove) the Picatinny rails.  Other that that, it's looking fantastic!

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2014, 11:55 PM »
Thanks for the ideas. I was actually thinking about removing the bottom flashlight piece, but was a bit scared of cutting it off. I did not want to ruin the gun, but I did it and I like it better that way. Also working on some other parts of the gun and will post some updated pics soon. Thanks again for the input VOD's.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2014, 07:35 PM »
So here is an updated pic of my blaster. I removed the "flashlight" and also cut off the trigger guard and made one out of plastic to replace it.

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2014, 07:41 PM »
Now that's how to mod. You've Knocked the glock out of it and Swarzed it up perfectly, be proud  ;)

Tusken Waiter

• Heavy Class Mando | Race-Tusken Raider | kills-284
« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2014, 07:45 PM »
PERFECTO! Yup cant even tell it was a... wait what was it? OH that is a Star Wars gun! whats it called?  ;)

Im a Heavy Class Mandalorina by the name of Davun Ijod. I was born Tusken Raider, turned into a Rogue Bounty Hunter. Was adopted by a Mandalorian couple after they stole a prisoner shuttle craft carrying several types of species of of people. I am now the shadow that tends to follow. Now give me my credits 
GIFSoup[/URL
« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2015, 06:07 PM »
So I have completed my rifle. I started out with a Nerf gun that my son had. The gun was missing the stock, which was fine as I wanted to mesh together different pieces to make my rifle. So I ended up with the base being a Nerf gun, the stock is from .... well I don't know what gun  it was from, but it works great, and some PVC pipe and weathered cloth. So here are some pics of what I started out with. I separated the front of the gun and placed a piece of PVC to extend the barrel and reduce the Nerf look. You can also see that I have sanded all of the Nerf logos off of the gun.

These pics show the holes filled and that I disassembled to front part of the gun to paint the inside black.

The following pics show the gun pieced together to see what its going to look like and then assembled and painted.

And the final product

« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2015, 09:27 PM »
Love the blaster! And the rifle, too...

A thought: ya know that flashlight you cut off the blaster? Would look great as a second scope/rangefinder...

Looking great, my man! Can't wait to see the whole enchilada together!!

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2015, 09:54 PM »
Your Heading in the right Direction ... I like your Work .
 But I still See Nerf ... But Very little , that Tells me your
really thinking about your Build ... That's How you will Succeed .. ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2015, 03:56 AM »
Your Heading in the right Direction ... I like your Work .
 But I still See Nerf ... But Very little , that Tells me your
really thinking about your Build ... That's How you will Succeed .. ;)

Loving your work! I feel very inspired to start work on mine now!

Bobecc DelFin

• Raquor'daan Clan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 02:05 PM »
Wow! You sure you're a first timer  :laugh:
I can see where ConDar is coming from with the rifle. Try removing the Nerf clip and see how it looks.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Wow! You sure you're a first timer  :laugh:
I can see where ConDar is coming from with the rifle. Try removing the Nerf clip and see how it looks.

YES ! !  you can always Make a different one or Cover up the "Tell-Tale" Nerf Clip with Bondo or Similar , Even Greeblies would do nicely .. .  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 09:53 PM »
so I did a little apoxy sculpt work on the clip of my rifle to take away some of that "nerf" look and added a sling. I updated my final rifle pic with the new additions.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!