Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Part Questions.

• 1 Replies

xslim13x

• Haran Kar'taylir
Soft Part Questions.
« on: Aug 25, 2014, 08:55 PM »
Hi guys! So, I've started working on my soft parts for my build. I figured working from the base layers out would help me stay more focused on moving step by step instead of spending all my time on armor and skimping on the soft details.

I bought these boots a few years back and can't remember where, but I have used them for working outside and such since they're steel toes. I really would like to use them for my medium armored mando build. They have plenty of wear and tear on them, and would go well with my black flight suit I have ordered. I'm just worried about the venting on the sides. The laces will be mostly covered by my flight suit, and what isn't will be covered by shin and boot plating. They have been sitting on my workbench for a while and need a decent clean-up but I don't want to mess around making armor for them if I need a different style of boot.

Also, I went to the local army navy store here and tried on a few flight suits. Unfortunately, because of my tall and slim build nothing fit well. I tried on a medium and was almost swimming in the body, but the lengths seemed okay for the sleeves and legs. I've ordered a small black Rothco flight suit to check the fit, but I have a feeling it'll be too short on the sleeves. Once I get it in I'll post a few pictures to get some opinions on the fit, but chances are I'll end up getting my suit tailored to fit my skinny self.
It should look decently close to this but hopefully a much richer black in person.

And finally, I've been drooling over Sidi Ren's vests for some time now, but unfortunately she's taking no new orders for some time. It looks like I'll be having to make one myself. I love the look of the diamond quilted fabric she uses, but I'm curious which has yielded better results for everyone when it comes to positioning/attaching and the support of the armor, padded fabric/vest, or an unpadded vest?

Hope everyone's having a good week!

« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2014, 07:42 PM by xslim13x » Logged
For blood. For honor. For Mandalore.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Soft Part Questions.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2014, 03:04 PM »
as long as the laces / any logo are covered those boots should be good ;)

with the vest  :rolleyes:  look at it this way a padded vest will be warmer than a non padded one ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!