Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Death Watch = Crusader?

• 7 Replies
Death Watch = Crusader?
« on: Jan 29, 2015, 06:39 AM »
Does the Death Watch armor fall under Crusader or Modern? Also How off the wall can a helm be before it is not acceptable. The reason I ask is because the design I have in mind is similar to the Crusader era and the Modern era.

Tarok

Re: Death Watch = Crusader?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:29 AM »
The Clone Wars season 2, 4, and 5 DW falls under Modern era armour.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:45 AM »
Ok. So I need to follow the Mordern application when I make my armor? Because I plan on using the Death Watch template for my armor.

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:57 AM »
All deathwatch armour including the star wars galexies armour that i ften see labeled as death watch but unsure wither or not te people wearing it in the game areictually death watch or not. Basically death watch were founded in the modern era,This includes modern CW death watch, and OS death watch from the open seasons comics.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2015, 10:35 AM »
to answer you helmet question; the helmet has to be a Death Watch helmet, and it has to be painted similarly to what we see in the CW and OS source material.  however the exact pattern is somewhat up to you.  You have to remember that this is a cannon charachter so your exact specs are alrady laid out

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Tarok

« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2015, 11:46 PM »
What I noticed in your post though, is that you haven't actually stated you're building a DW suit. Are you? Because then, yes, it's canon. However it sounds like you may be putting a "DW inspired" suit together.

Let us know so that we can advise accordingly.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2015, 10:38 AM »
Yes I am going to be using the layout of DW to create mine. It will not be a DW replica. It will be my own character but just using the layout of the DW armor.

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:09 AM »
Yes I am going to be using the layout of DW to create mine. It will not be a DW replica. It will be my own character but just using the layout of the DW armor.

Then use whatever helmet you want, as long as it's allowed for modern era.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!