Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Niyic's SCUBA Aquamando WIP Build 2

• 20 Replies
Re: Niyic's SCUBA Aquamando WIP Build 2
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 01:40 PM »
i love that design!

Blackdugal

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2017 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 03:49 PM »
Love the concept and design!  this is really looking cool!

Niyic

• Vode An
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 12:46 PM »
Looking good, vod.  Is that what you were working at the AP?

I have one possible weapon suggestion.  What do you think about a harpoon gun add on for the DC-17?
I'll have to dig through my old comics, but I'm pretty sure I have a Star Wars (likely Dark horse) issue set underwater, and fairly certain a harpoon gun was featured.

Love the concept, really like the colors.  Looking forward to seeing this build come alive.

Yep! A custom attachment is what I'm planning on for the DC-17m. It won't necessarily be a harpoon, but instead a double barrel blaster attachment like the one in the clone wars series.

Fins?

Just a random thought. Not sticky out to the side fins but more swept back so you still have that side of knee cover.

I will experiment with that, I like the idea of having some sort of fins integrated into the armor, putting them on the knees might be a good option.

Thanks all! This should be a fun build, I'm glad to see others are just as excited as I am about it. :D

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1361 || OM Invasions: 23

C.H.E.G #05

Niyic's Build Thread **OM** || Scuba Aquamando Build #2 Thread **WIP** || Niyic's Facebook Fan Page

SharkimusPrime

• O'ram Turel
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 12:31 AM »
Vod. This concept is insane, and I love it. The helmet is absolutely beautiful to me, as well as the armor (but seriously, Dat Bucket  8) )
My thought is this: since you are probably not going to dress yourself up as a selkath, you should think of both land based and aquatic combat.
Having never watched much of the clone wars series, I may be misunderstanding your weapon concept a bit. Personally, I think it would be awesome if you had a rifle with some kind of harpoon attachment below the barrel or something. That way, its obvious you mean business in pretty much any terrain.
Again, that's just my opinion, and again, that helmet is too damn cool.
Can't wait to see how this comes out!

Yogi

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 01:01 PM »
I really like this concept, it looks like it will turn out great!

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Durkev Zandar

• TC/BH-7278
« Reply #20 on: Jul 20, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Aloha from Hawaii, Awesome build! heres one we did last year around right before celebration Anaheim. Hope this gives you inspiration, mahalo!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!