Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Korran Orainn, Mando Engineer - UPDATE 20/07 - SWCE Update!

• 142 Replies

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
Didn't get to sort my boiler suit out after work yesterday (and I have a leaving do tonight  ;) ) but I do have something cool to show...remember those WWII GPMG tools?

Now they have a nice, leather tool pouch to sit in on my thigh:

(in the corner of that bottom shot you can see a WIP Rank Rope...)

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
be careful with the rank rope color.  Specific positions with in the club wear specific colors (all command staff).  You are more than allowed to wear a rank rope if you are not Council or Clan command staff, but just be sure you're not wearing a color that is worn by someone else.  Basically you have to avoid Gold, White, Grey, Blue, Green, Black/White, and Red/White.  any other combinations or stand alone colors are allowed.  Just a warning.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Korran Orainn

Just white at the moment...better change the colour then!

Thanks for the heads up, both :)

Talos Kot

• Cry Havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war !
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
late to the party ... hello and welcome Koran  .. just been through your build, coming along nicely  ... I know this has already been addressed but the feathering around the edges of your plates did throw me off ... its a learning curve mate ... take  referance from weathered painted metal in the real world ;)  dispay on gauntlet is an excellent touch ... keep up the craft !!!!  ;)

Korran Orainn

Re: Koran Orainn, Mando Scavenger/Engineer - UPDATE 17/02/2015
« Reply #80 on: Feb 17, 2015, 09:45 AM »
To give you a flavour of the kit as it stands:

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Koran Orainn, Mando Scavenger/Engineer - UPDATE 17/02
« Reply #81 on: Feb 17, 2015, 04:48 PM »
Ooehh, that looks good vod!

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #82 on: Feb 17, 2015, 04:55 PM »
Looking very cool. Gah so nice to be back around the forums and checking out everyone's work and progress. Can't wait for Celebration.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #83 on: Feb 19, 2015, 01:57 AM »
To give you a flavour of the kit as it stands:
All in all, your kit looks outstanding!  Not crazy about the tool belt pouch, but that's hardly my call to make.  It just looks, you know, like a tool belt pouch.  Given, that's a handy thing to have, assuming you have a carpenter Mando, but I don't think there's a brigade for that yet...

Rhenvar

• "Each a grain of sand"
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #84 on: Feb 19, 2015, 03:53 AM »
Hey vod the kits looking ace, ccan't wait to see it complete :D

Korran Orainn

« Reply #85 on: Feb 19, 2015, 05:59 AM »
All in all, your kit looks outstanding!  Not crazy about the tool belt pouch, but that's hardly my call to make.  It just looks, you know, like a tool belt pouch.  Given, that's a handy thing to have, assuming you have a carpenter Mando, but I don't think there's a brigade for that yet...

Haha! Soon...
Early days! I plan on going for the Mobile Engineers Brigade, so I need a place to hold a fusion cutter and a hydrospanner. I was toying around with having tool pockets on my thighs, like Boba, but my scale drawings of the aforementioned tools shot that down!

I may remove the belt loop and attach it via snaps to my thigh instead...?

Really hate my knees. They were scratch-made, and are poor. Might get a vac-formed pair from the US

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #86 on: Feb 19, 2015, 08:23 AM »
If you want knees, try redkraytdragon, his ABS knees are really good. I've got a pair and they're solid.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Korran Orainn

« Reply #87 on: Feb 19, 2015, 09:53 AM »
If you want knees, try redkraytdragon, his ABS knees are really good. I've got a pair and they're solid.

Good shout bud, its payday tomorrow so I shall get in touch :)

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #88 on: Feb 19, 2015, 02:08 PM »
Haha! Soon...
Early days! I plan on going for the Mobile Engineers Brigade, so I need a place to hold a fusion cutter and a hydrospanner. I was toying around with having tool pockets on my thighs, like Boba, but my scale drawings of the aforementioned tools shot that down!

I may remove the belt loop and attach it via snaps to my thigh instead...?
I can dig it.  The idea of attaching it to your thigh is a little Liefeld, but I think you could pull is off nicely, if you rig it up right.  Then again, I'm also a sucker for a good drop-holster.

Syl

• The Ability to speak does not make you Intelligent
« Reply #89 on: Feb 19, 2015, 03:46 PM »
love the weathering on your kit.

Traat'aliit gar besbe'trayc
KOMS #24
New Death Watch Order #20

On the Road to Celebration 7...
1st UM Troop, hopefully.

Korran Orainn

« Reply #90 on: Mar 11, 2015, 09:49 AM »
Afternoon all!

I got some knees and shins from RKD as above, and decided to spend 30 minutes of my lunch today in painting my knees, check them out!

Shins to follow...!

My thanks to Echo for suggesting these, and the wonderful RKD for making such awesome stuff!

I can dig it.  The idea of attaching it to your thigh is a little Liefeld, but I think you could pull is off nicely, if you rig it up right.  Then again, I'm also a sucker for a good drop-holster.

Been thinking about this alot, and I've come up with a solution that should make it not appear so...bolted on, for lack of a better phrase! Will post pictures soon :D

Thanks all!
- Ol

mobcake

• "We Mando boys like to show we've been in action"
Those look really nice. I've been looking for a way to do knees without the traditional Jango design and these are great inspiration. Great work, vod

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Looking good  ;D make sure to wear them the right way up or you'll never hear the last of it from Niabi  :laugh: ;)

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
RKD is the bee's knees (pun intended).

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Korran Orainn

RKD is the bee's knees (pun intended).
Those look really nice. I've been looking for a way to do knees without the traditional Jango design and these are great inspiration. Great work, vod

Thanks Vode! Yeah, RKD really knows his stuff. Very grateful for his business! :D

Looking good  ;D make sure to wear them the right way up or you'll never hear the last of it from Niabi  :laugh: ;)

Bahahah, that actually made me second-guess the placement of my shins as well :L

Well chaps, I'll be painting my shins at lunchtime today (my colleagues must love me :P) and I had a little play around with some EL wire last night:

Looks okay! Just need to stop it blinding me quite so much...and find a way of affixing it (it's cellotaped in on the picture. REALLY not ideal at all.

Thanks for all your comments, it's a great confidence booster!

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
I'd suggest wearing the RKD knees upside down just so the rest of us can take bets on how many seconds it takes Niabi to notice... :P

Helmets looking good.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
I'd suggest wearing the RKD knees upside down just so the rest of us can take bets on how many seconds it takes Niabi to notice... :P

NO  :P

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
NO  :P

*Slowly rotates my pair*

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Korran Orainn

*Slowly rotates my pair*

Helmets looking good.

Haha! Could be a possibility...snaps on knees and shins are a bad idea. Mine kept falling of :( Thank Mand'alor for Gaffa tape!

Thanks about the helmet boss! Actually going with a proper lighting kit from Dresdon as I want a new visor too (major love to Kit for sorting out a Vok'Chi order btw!)

Some pictures from you from CFCC - with me are Jer'ari and Jakar:

Badshebs buy'ce light is badshebs

I seem to really like generic commander pose #4...

Buckets! Strategically taken by my Vode when I snuck off to the nearby airlock...

and last, but certainly not least, a team shot with the Emperors Throne:

- Ollie :D

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2015, 07:38 PM by Koran Orainn » Logged

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
great pics, can't wait to troop with you guys  ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!