Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Macs Arsenal. updated.

• 38 Replies

Sgtmac

• Peace through superior firepower...
Macs Arsenal. updated.
« on: Aug 29, 2014, 09:59 PM »
well im beginning to enjoy this.  ive always had a creative mind, combine that with certain wiki pages and ive got my weapons started.  something i noticed about the universe is most handguns are huge.  going from real life experience, they are too much to get into action fast.  i see mandos as quick draw experts and crack shots.  im going to tryand keep my pistols at 10 inches or shorter.  carbines a rifle will match their realworld bases or i will just use odd designs like the brit L85 battle rifle, CX4, or any bullpup design really.  having looked at new nerf designs, i may just use them with no changes.  The zombie guns look pretty awesome as is. 
so without furhter rambling here is my beginning choices

At this time due to kids and too much fun, i dont want to mess with our nerf arsenal.  likewise the harder to find sw guns i dont want to mess with the dc 15 is over $100 on most sites now new.

I am going to start as a light mando skirmisher and end as an assault medic. tips opinions critiques are welcome.  Heres the small arms I plan to apply with;
These are classic GI Joe laser tag guns from the 80s(yes htey work and I have the targets)
My custom Westar 36 heavy, Its longer then screen, nad since its not accurate so new name
Westar Rifle like the pistol custom with fixed stock(needs additions),
DP-23 from SWG(my first custom build very plain)
E-12 Carbine(custom built after learning lessons on the E-11s below)

Obalon

• My salvation is my weapon
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Macs arsenal. forgive the typos, my computer is being a jerk
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2014, 12:10 AM »
Looking good! Must say from me being done with my right gains and moving to my left I am jealous of the greebs. Good luck! Watching your progress!

Obalon Bralor Valus

Sgtmac

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2014, 05:54 PM »
And for some further progress, and a finished build, minus its paint. 
A custom blaster.  Its from the newer Nerf Sidestrike. 

Some of the visible greeblies, reloading cylinder cap, power adjust knob, power charge indicator, and up in front of the scope, tibanna gass cartridges. 

THe barrel sleeve with its cooling fins and underbarrel launchers. 

Sgtmac

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2014, 08:29 PM »
quote author=Sgtmac link=topic=81440.msg1225907#msg1225907 date=1410829244]
Howdy one and all, this is my first Foray into large scale modeling as I will call it.  Having been a fan of the white armor, and blasters since I first saw them as a child, Now that im a talented child it is time to make it happen.  I See where many people are doing the movie E-11 blasters.  And that there really is a wide range of opinions on whats the canon blaster or not(some of the forums are humorus as hell).  So im shooting for something thats known by sight, but will look a bit different.  My concept is to take the 1.5 inch plans build a base frame, with slightly different power well, power pack, scope, grips(so that i can use toys for light sound effects) folding workable stock.  I also tried to keep the needed parts list to a trip to Lowes(any hardware store) here in the US.

Since this is an attempt to do this at mostly a cheap budget im keeping needed tools to a minimum.  flat philps screw driver, exacto knife, a file, hacksaw, dremel(4 various bits, hot glue, bondo, and sandpaper.  parts for my builds will be from mostly plumbing nad electrical, 14 gauge wire, and choice of toy gun for light sound. 

The 2 builds, will be almost identical the main difference is what bits I use for scopes, the stock choice.  to describe the finished product im hoping for, the
E-11L is the standard blastech E-11 with new heating coils(not fins, no T track or similar found locally) The mag well is made from plasticard doubled over(for sale/no parking signs), the mags are made from conduit(held in place by magnets) a plastic pipe fittings for scope, and barrel tip, inner barrel with washers for spacing, working bolt with hand wound spring, folding stock made from plasticard and heat gun use(wasnt till after I figured out how to make it without heat gun).
The E-11R will be identical down except for the stock, which will be from the toy I use as the light and sound parts.  As mentioned before the grips will not be standard sterling grips, as the toy parts usually have the battery box in the handle, so I will need that, and trigger housing plus lights wires vibration motor etc...

[/quote]

Sgtmac

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2014, 10:06 PM »
And now for something totally worked on, more E-11  First, a sanded but round endcap, with spring and bolt inside. 

Handle attached wiht wiring allready up the barrel.  Bolt slid back a bit.  I know the spring is tight, but it works. 

Mostly finished blaster, the under folding stock is still working but flimsy.  I think thats the curse of the materials used.  the rod and butt plate arent atached yet, thinking of filling the plate iwth bondo and sanding it down to whats needed.  As you cna see the barrel is slightly extended.  you may be able to see 2 of the 3 screws holding the pieces together. 

here is a belly view.  you can see the speaker holes cut to keep some sound option.  THe flashy bits, are the guts from a toy MP5.  and you can see how the stock will mount and fit underneath.  Yes the stock is badly formed. 

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2014, 03:30 PM »
ok vod you clearly have some scratch building skills so im going to suggest that you leave the Nerfs alone.

Nerfs can be made to meet CRLs BUT ITs a load of work (often more than scratch building ) and with your skill you could easily do a scratch build ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Sgtmac

« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2014, 04:18 PM »
its the funds part that forces the nerf work.  Im over $150 on the E-11 protos, and not even sure I'll pull a market to make and sell these.  but when i work the parts list im pretty sure i cna do them dirt cheap, and as this isnt the 501st, I have lee way to tinker.  THe bigest thing with the nerfs though is I want them to still be able to fire.  so its limiting my mod work there.  You might be right though, stick to my free work, and run with it. 

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2014, 04:21 PM »
You can not have Firing weapons! all weapons must be render non-firing if you want to use it with your kit.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Sgtmac

Sgtmac

« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2014, 10:26 PM »
They are non firing.  If i dont -censored- them or load darts.  in that condition they cant fire.  If i use laser tag blasters im gonna protect their vitals so they can still shoot for playing laser tag.   

As for blaster works.  the e-11 protos are giving me fits.   the game of glues isnt going well.  they would be done if the glue would hold in certain areas.  The tube stock is drying, but i dont know how well it will hold up to use.  the under folding stock, while it works,(mostly) is flimsy as heck.   Anyone got any ideas how to firm it up? 

Again the purpose of these e-11 builds is something someone on a low budget with minimal skills can make a decent replica.  So its left to working with plastics, glue and a dremel. 

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2014, 03:01 PM »
They are non firing.  If i dont -censored- them or load darts.  in that condition they cant fire.

Hate to say it But that won't cut it vod. they need to be rendered unable to be fire a projectile. EG remove the innards.

Sgtmac

« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2014, 06:27 PM »
Ive read a few posts where OM's have said as long as you dont bring ammo, and dont work its actuators its good to go.  It is rendered non fireable in that condition.  But I have decided not to ruin perfectly good nerfs, as my kids and I have too much fun with them.  The 2 spare lasre tag guns are another story...  But either way, after finishing the first 2 e-11s, waiting on the stock to dry to mount it.  I have many ideas for part building, and most of that will be form Lowes raids. 

No pics was too buy today, will try to get some tomorrow, got the Merr Sonns bondo filled and sanded, hunting some bits to use as cooling fins.  and a power adjust knob.  The CR-2 is also bonded and sanded just need to find something to use as guts for its sound and light.  DG was out of blaster toys.  Not sure I want to spend 18 for a good one from WM.   The projecto f blaster lust, the E-11s are built.  The E-11L is now the E-11M(someone used L back in 09)  and the E-11R has its Tube stock on.  I'll also do a step by step of how I built(leaving out hte errors) for these if anyone wants to try their hand at it.  Also I will try to get a cost per blaster, so if someone wants to order I can build them one.  THe only flexibe part is the sound guts(where can i find a toy, and what sounds are ok.  Its mostly toy MP5s)

Sgtmac

« Reply #12 on: Sep 22, 2014, 09:10 PM »
ANd the promised finished pics of the E-11M and E-11R.  IM thinking that if i do these as comissions, the options will be type of toy you want in the guts, if Any, cooling fins/tubes, stocks, emitters, and scopes.  I used an L shaped piece for scope mounts so if wanted I could mount the counter box.  There are no gas tubes(personl preference, I dont like cables and wire hanging of my gear)  For fluff, they are built into the mag wells.  I didnt add any bits, as im still deciding what i can get access to regularly, and what I like the look of.  Once I finish the rest of the blasters i am working on, I will post their finished pics as well.  Something will squeak by the Approval team.

E-11M  Standard pattern E-11, Improved emitter system, improved cooling tubes, long range scope to make best use of improved accuracy and range, user friendly shoulder stock

So after 5 yt vids of Sterling shooters saying the stocks nice but a pain to use I went with the ancient Kenner '77 and new hasbro toys type.  Its also easier to make.  Everything about this blaster is meant to be made using the basic ANHE-11 from BBC tube templates, and then everything else is made on a "close enough" basis.  This is to make it easier for a beginner to make their own prop.  The toy gun for grip and guts is from a dollar general, store, the magnets(rare earth/neodymium), exacto knife, blades,  hot glue gun, glue sticks, and metal washers are from walmart, everything else; liquid nails(used before didnt want to expirement)glue, no parking signs, pvc piping, dremel, dremel bits, screw driver, philips screws, pvc couplers and adapters, and electrical tape( to help hold things in place as it dries)

Sgtmac

« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2014, 09:18 PM »
the E-11R  is a fixed stock version of the E-11.  This model features a slightly improved emitter system, L bracket rail mount, improved cooling tubes.   This is was built at the same time as the M version.  The magazine is hollow with just tension holing it in place.  end result can be magnets in place to hold it, and if someone really skilled gets one they can use the mag and cut the well out for better electronics.  by using the same parts i can get pretty creative with differeing options. Again no extra bits as yet. and the stocks are good enough for light use trooping.  Short of getting a real sterling stock, or ak under folder, I dont think i cna make one that will take heavy abuse.  the Tube/Wire stock, again can take some use but dont beat it up.  I have an idea of doing a flat butt cap, and bolting the stock on. 

Lessons learned, hot glue can be reheated to make welds, liquid nails glue needs tape to help it hold sometimes, pvc dust makes nasty nose clogs, always wear shoes when working(rather step on lego), magnets will outsmart you, I dont like wiring.  Over all this was a fun project.  I am going to start another E-11M, go for a flat nose, smaller scope, shorter frame overall.  and possibly add that as another blaster to submit.  But fo now, this is it for the E-11s.  What do ya all think?

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Sep 24, 2014, 12:53 AM »
Looks awesome! Can't wait to see them with some primer or basecoat to get the unified look. In PVC they look kick sheb

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Eurok Ker

• Merc # 394
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #15 on: Sep 25, 2014, 08:53 AM »
My fellow brother in Arm Sgt MAC.
The weapon is looking great. We sure have quite a few excellent weapon smiths in the clan!

[img width=650 height=162]http://[/img

Sgtmac

« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2014, 01:52 PM »
Thanks for the support, was outside primiering these beasts, and the hot glue looks like my attempts at welding when i was in Iraq.  (like a drunk rhino did it)  Glad I stuck to Combat medicine.  Im going to take a few pics of the primer work, before I bondo them later today.  gonna let the paint get nice and dry first.  Im hoping my hands hold up.  Im noticing theres quite a few vets in here.  its kinda reassuring. 

Mikelus Keldab

• It's broken again? Ru gotal jahaala!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 29, 2014, 12:41 PM »
Sgt Mac, These are amazing! I envy your skills. :P And it is really nice having other vets on the boards, I find it comforting almost  :laugh:

M.A.J.I.C. #140; M.A. #128; Mir'Sheb #XXXVIII; E.R.A. #031; Aluminati #025; M.A.D #054/Beta;

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #18 on: Sep 30, 2014, 07:50 AM »
IM planning on making and selling these.  I refuse to let disability win.  Once I have them painted, I'll ask someone from approval to  give them a look over, and then I will make and sell Approved blasters.  IF a person just wants the base built, I can do that, and let them finish it off to their liking.  I just dont plan on doing the Hengstler boxes or extra gas tubes.  THey come built into my blasters.  (someone wiht awesome electrical skills can model the large mags to show power lights and such.  ANd to the fellow vets, thank you all for serving.

Good on you, Sarge! I love your E-11m, and would happily buy a kit when you reach that stage! :)

Sgtmac

« Reply #19 on: Oct 01, 2014, 01:30 PM »
And some test primer from before I bondo.  (done bondo and reprimering, just no new pics, storm started yesterday so didnt get to finish)  You can see the hot glue welding didnt go so well, so I decided to bondo.  I really hate bondo.  I'll get post bondo primer pics up tonight if the weather holds off. 

Sgtmac

« Reply #20 on: Oct 08, 2014, 10:40 PM »
Fresh from the Ewok run Factory on Endor, Blastech E-11 series carbines.  the E-11M and E-11R(difference is the folding and fixed stocks.)
E-11M

E-11R

Lessons learned, Ewoks cant weld(i'll get better with the bondo seams, new ideas on how to do them.)  FIgured out how to make sights but not sure how well they will hold up to abuse.  I like the extended grip area, but the gun plastic is soft and rubbery, hard to sand, need to work on it.  Painting is just gonna be a pain for th next few months.  Theres a few mandos local to me, so I may get iwth them to use their work spaces for base coat, and black layers.  The folding stocks will need that support along the bottom near the butt plate.  the rare earth magnets work, but need to figure out better placements.  addition of greeblies and knobs is up in the air.  I see blasters as streamlined few knobs and switches. I like the idea of ammo readouts and charge levels, but not skilled or able to do that kind of wiring, and improved lights nad sounds.  THe triangle stock keeps coming apart, gonna try a square form for the next build.  Gonna build the weapons in parts, so do major cuts sanding and bondo work, before assembly.  should give better results in the sanding area.  need heavier sandpaper. 

Anyhow, kick me some feed back, and if an app team member sees these, would these pass for membership. 

Sgtmac

« Reply #21 on: Oct 08, 2014, 10:48 PM »

Everyones favorite Hasbro toy, with only a Lowes gear mod.  instead of the doopy doos, or other resin cast sets, all the parts for this came from lowes for a fraction of the cost. 

Yes theres my long blade first model, in the back ground.  I still have 3 more blasters I am working on.  and several busted up airsofts I may convert.  As always opinions, critiques, and advice is most welcome. 

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #22 on: Oct 10, 2014, 02:51 AM »
....... Your skills, awesome they are. Seriously if I hadn't seen the pics of the construction there would be no way I'd even know that's a scratch build off hand. That's an awesome job amigo. Can I just send you some old airsoft guns and a bunch of sintra and piping and have you build up an arsenal for me haha.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

Sgtmac

« Reply #23 on: Oct 10, 2014, 06:08 AM »
Thats what I want to do with my retirement, make useful things.  If youre not worried about it being fully approveable from the word go, yeah I can knock them out.  Im hoping an app team member see these and says the scratch builds are a go.  I still have 2 airsoft rifles I want to tinker with, and a toy mp5.   I have a sales write up, pricing guide, and levels of build nad finish all set for the sales thread on these E-11s.  Im thinking just do the E-11s on comission, and side work as requested, and leave the buyer up to getting final approval.  To those whove looked and like the work, and those who have offered compliments, I thank you all.  Mac

Mikelus Keldab

• It's broken again? Ru gotal jahaala!
« Reply #24 on: Oct 10, 2014, 08:28 AM »
How much for an E11? I'm definitely interested! :D

M.A.J.I.C. #140; M.A. #128; Mir'Sheb #XXXVIII; E.R.A. #031; Aluminati #025; M.A.D #054/Beta;

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!