Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Maybe...just maybe...I've found the HUD solution (HMD)

• 118 Replies

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Maybe...just maybe...I've found the HUD solution (HMD)
« Reply #100 on: Jun 26, 2015, 02:41 AM »
That wont fit, then you need to think how it will work with a visor in front of it. Then think of the practicality.
I'm not saying it's going to be the practical solution, just that it is a thought that could conceivably work. Cannibalize the system a bit, stick it inside a custom helmet, maybe have a pair of macros or something, maybe like the Boushh helmet sensor strip or whatever it is around the dome that covers where the longest point would come through the dome, then you just look out the t-visor as normal.

Work a way for it to come down out of a helmet addition like a pilot's visor.

« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2015, 02:48 AM by Ka'len Bes'uliik » Logged
"Rage is one hell of an anesthetic."

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #101 on: Jun 26, 2015, 06:37 AM »

That wont fit, then you need to think how it will work with a visor in front of it. Then think of the practicality.

That's why I mentioned building your Buy'ce around it. Ie, the glass IS the visor. would have to work out how to flesh it out to a full 'T' shape, but that is possibly the only complication I could see. It'd be better than my current Buy'ce/glasses combo... D:

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #102 on: Jun 26, 2015, 08:15 PM »
To make a helmet to fit that would be to make a helmet that is way to big. the top of that thing sits 2 inches away from the head at least. and in most buckets you will have little more than a few CM.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
« Reply #103 on: Jun 27, 2015, 01:23 AM »
To make a helmet to fit that would be to make a helmet that is way to big. the top of that thing sits 2 inches away from the head at least. and in most buckets you will have little more than a few CM.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #104 on: Jun 27, 2015, 01:34 AM »

Give it up. As it stands right now, it will not work.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
« Reply #105 on: Jun 27, 2015, 01:36 AM »
Give it up. As it stands right now, it will not work.
How about you let me do what I want to do, and I'll let you have you pessimism party over there? It will work, not with a stock helmet, no, but with some design mods it'd be fine. Never say never, chakaar.

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #106 on: Jun 28, 2015, 07:02 AM »
How about you let me do what I want to do, and I'll let you have you pessimism party over there? It will work, not with a stock helmet, no, but with some design mods it'd be fine. Never say never, chakaar.

Nobody's saying never We're saying not now. the size of helmet that would be required to fit that would get you denied an app. it's far too big, and i don't think there's any mods you could add to a front that would hide it in a way that looks good. as opposed to obviously hiding a bulky bit of kit under the thing.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014
« Reply #107 on: Jun 28, 2015, 09:10 AM »
your helmet would look more like this

SWTOR
~The Starfall legacy
-The Shadowlands "Kilstar" Powertech

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
« Reply #108 on: Jun 28, 2015, 12:10 PM »
Nobody's saying never We're saying not now. the size of helmet that would be required to fit that would get you denied an app. it's far too big, and i don't think there's any mods you could add to a front that would hide it in a way that looks good. as opposed to obviously hiding a bulky bit of kit under the thing.
I know you can't hide it under the helmet, @_@ I'm saying it's possible to incorporate it into the helmet with some external mods believably.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #109 on: Jun 28, 2015, 12:25 PM »
And we are telling you that as it CURRENTLY stands, it is not possible to hide it. And by having it as an external piece of hardware it is no longer an internal heads up display, which is what this is about.

You also need to be aware that you have to mod it to look like it belongs in Star Wars and that may mean modifying the housing of the electronics and the could ruin your vr headset.

Finally, it wont fit under your helmet, or over it. The sizing is wrong.

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
« Reply #110 on: Jun 28, 2015, 12:57 PM »
And we are telling you that as it CURRENTLY stands, it is not possible to hide it. And by having it as an external piece of hardware it is no longer an internal heads up display, which is what this is about.

You also need to be aware that you have to mod it to look like it belongs in Star Wars and that may mean modifying the housing of the electronics and the could ruin your vr headset.

Finally, it wont fit under your helmet, or over it. The sizing is wrong.
Well duh. You would have to incorporate it into the faceplate/ dome area, I believe most of the band/back would fit under a properly sized helmet. And you wouldn't necessarily have to mess with the housing, just add onto it. I never said it was going to be an internal HUD-- I said it would probably work to get a HUD effect with a helmet.
Let's put this to rest. Obviously it isn't going to be what you want, but that doesn't not make it a viable future option for some sort of helmet integration. You don't like it, don't use it. I think it'd be fun to incorporate it into my bucket, so who cares?

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015, 01:03 PM by Ka'len Bes'uliik » Logged

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #111 on: Jun 28, 2015, 01:12 PM »
And again. It will not fit under a helmet and still be acceptable as Kit and Kilstar and I have all said. But if you want to waste $300+ on this to get that effect go for it.

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
« Reply #112 on: Jun 29, 2015, 12:37 AM »
And again. It will not fit under a helmet and still be acceptable as Kit and Kilstar and I have all said. But if you want to waste $300+ on this to get that effect go for it.
I never said the damn thing would fit under a helmet! I said you would have to build some sort of external housing for it-- read before you post!

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #113 on: Jun 29, 2015, 05:50 AM »
I believe most of the band/back would fit under a properly sized helmet. And you wouldn't necessarily have to mess with the housing, just add onto it.

I never said the damn thing would fit under a helmet! I said you would have to build some sort of external housing for it-- read before you post!

Before you say something you will regret, and before you get all high and mighty and act out.

I did read, I explained why your idea currently would not work, as have others including another OM.

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
« Reply #114 on: Jun 29, 2015, 01:06 PM »
Before you say something you will regret, and before you get all high and mighty and act out.

I did read, I explained why your idea currently would not work, as have others including another OM.
I still think the band would fit under a properly sized helmet, it has a small profile. I thought we were discussing the visor bit so it appears we were discussing two different things. And I'm not getting high and mighty, high and mighty is  just annoyed that I tried to bring something up I thought could be cool and was immediately shut down-- I thought we were here to brainstorm and figure out ideas, not limit them?
High and mighty is saying flat out 'it will not work'.
I tried to meet you half way-- I know it's impractical, but I was trying to figure out how we could get it to be plausible instead of just pushing it under the rug.

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #115 on: Jun 29, 2015, 02:07 PM »
Udesii, lads, this thread belongs not only to the Mand'alor' but the MMCC as a whole.

Carid, you were a little blunt mate, even if you do have a point.

I can see this issue being highly variable on a person-to-person basis...I'm 6'2" and very broad, but with a pretty small head for my size...a Boba 1:1 is massive on me, even with an extra-thick keyhole area.

If I could extend the lens section of the 'glasses' to become the full 'T' visor, I could easily build a Buy'ce around this. Easily. And it'd be a better fit than my current pile of osik...'course, that £300 would be better invested in something else!

Now play nice. Nobody wants to see this descend into a virtual slugging-fest. It's highly off-putting to UM's trying to learn some sparky tricks :)

« Reply #116 on: Jun 29, 2015, 03:33 PM »
Might be able to mod it into a drop down Binocular type deal ala:

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
« Reply #117 on: Jun 29, 2015, 11:37 PM »
Might be able to mod it into a drop down Binocular type deal ala:

That's kinda what I was thinking.

« Reply #118 on: Aug 07, 2015, 03:20 PM »
Well for me, This seems like a really cool idea!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!