Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Needing Approval

• 5 Replies

Vau Novoc

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos 2016 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration 15+ clan level invasions
Needing Approval
« on: Sep 13, 2014, 08:57 PM »
I was doing some searching and researching for an official kit, and I stumbled across Clan Skirata in Mandalorian Armor. I want to build Ijaat Skirata's Armor as depicted for my official kit. But because it is a skin for the Jedi Academy game, I would like to get approval to build before spending my time and money on it. I already have permission to build from the creator.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
Re: Needing Approval
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2014, 11:09 PM »
Well, for starters, it's never actually said that Ijaat embraced the Mandalorian ways of his father (in fact, the fact that he disowned his father is an indication that he likely did not, though the fact that he did it in the Mandalorian way counters this somewhat). There are also no canon appearances of him wearing armor, much less pictures. Just my 2 cents, but I would say making the armor would probably be ok (it looks like it meets all the criteria) but you wouldn't be a canon character. It would be considered your own creation. The armor looks awesome (I really like the low-contrast look in particular) I just don't think it would be considered canon.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Vau Novoc

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos 2016 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2014, 02:30 AM »
You are correct, the bare fact is that there is very little on any members of Skirata Clan besides Kal. I did however read that he and Tor disowned Kal because he was involved in the clone training program and wasn't able to be found to attend their mothers funeral. It was also said that they all made up later when Ruu was in trouble. I believe he did take on the mando ways because of the way they disowned Kal. But since there is very little on any of this clan I believe it leaves it open. I also believe that since most of the Skiratas were clone commandos and ARC Troopers, I think is highly accurate of what the armor would be since I would use my old armor to upgrade the new depending on features and limitations. Since there armor has never been seen I think the case could be made for canon since all armor has to start somewhere, comic, movie, tv, or game.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2014, 11:21 AM »
In order to be canon armor, there has to official descriptions of how the armor looks. There isn't any of Ijaat's. Your argument for believing that the picture is a correct representation is based entirely on conjecture. We never once see him wearing armor in any official sources, so the very existence of such a suit is up for debate. Can't make a canon suit that doesn't exist in canon material.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2014, 11:51 AM »
Yeah we can't really approve a canon version of this character because there aren't any visual references. Plus, I wouldn't count on this being accurate since this depiction of Kal is very inaccurate.

However, feel free to base your build on this game skin, just give your character a different name. Until multiple visual references appear, we can't really approve a canon Ijaat.

Vau Novoc

« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2014, 12:21 PM »
That sounds like a good idea. Thank you Ref Al'drann. I think that sounds like the safest way to proceed until I hear back from Lucasfilm.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!