Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nerf Sledgefire - Boba Fett Colors

• 4 Replies
Nerf Sledgefire - Boba Fett Colors
« on: Sep 15, 2014, 07:50 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm a newbie to the forums but just painted for my first time after lurking the forums for a bit. Check out my Boba Fett themed blaster (used Nerf Sledgefire)

(I need to buy a new helmet)

Re: Nerf Sledgefire - Boba Fett Colors
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2014, 08:34 PM »
I would say that you need to take off all the decals and maybe add something like a longer barrel or a scope
but other than that I think it looks fine and the paint looks cool!

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam. - "A warrior is more than his armor"

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Yeah, you have to really modify those Nerf guns. That particular one, I'd say you're safe for now, because I haven't seen too many of them around. But, when a toy gun, or a Nerf guns starts becoming popular and everyone seems to have one...then you have to make a lot of adjustments to them. But above all, you have to sand down all the lettering. Take off the Nerf signs, the labels, the instructions...everything.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2014, 08:48 PM »
Thanks for the tips.  I didn't even think about it that far.  My whole intention with the gun was just to make sure my colors were right. I ordered an armor kit and didn't want to mess up the colors since it was my first time painting.

Some questions for you guys-
Is it too late to remove the decals - can I just sand them with a dremel and repaint or will it look odd?
Is the concern about the nerf guns that other members will have them and they'll look too common?

Thanks!

brother

• OYA!!!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2014, 10:22 PM »
you can remove it now it will look find after you repaint it, sand paper will work or anything really!! the big thing with nerf stuff is, its not star wars era, that why you have to really mod it to look the part!!!

Mercz member #0870
IT - Mando #4
V.R.C.A #51
Ewok Relocation Agency #28
Mean mugger #1
M-A-J-I=C #139
kilted mando brigade #19

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!