Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Custom Orbital Drop jetpack from Red Fist

• 16 Replies

Alardis Kryze

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Custom Orbital Drop jetpack from Red Fist
« on: Sep 21, 2014, 01:38 PM »
Greetings, vode!

I'd like to introduce our brand new jetpack made speacially for orbital dropping forces. I had the idea of this concept long ago. And yesterday I pick up the pencil and draw some sketches. I won't show you these ones   :laugh:
But our great friend gnomKolin has adapted my drawings and... here it is!

Also he had builded the 3d model of this device. Together we've made some design edits. In November I'm going to start building process of this device.

front view

side view

bottom view

rear view

wings can be turned down

It's time to verp!

M.A.B.L.E. #041
V.R.C.A. #032
B.E.A.R.D.S. #056

gnomKOLIN

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Custom Orbital Drop jetpack from Red Fist
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2014, 02:49 PM »
"Hey! There is my, they are talking about!" (c) Wheatley :P

Dhagon Varad

• Adam Beck #1243
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2014, 08:12 PM »
Thats a damn great concept! Inspired to model out my own now.

Nirob

• What doesn't kill me dies.
  • Awards 40% increase or more Order of the Ori'Ramikad Force Hunter Brigade Member Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2014, 01:07 PM »
Can't wait to see it finished. I have to confess, I'm a big Red Fist Fan. All I have seen of you guys lately is just amazing.

Alardis Kryze

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2014, 02:27 PM »
Can't wait to see it finished. I have to confess, I'm a big Red Fist Fan. All I have seen of you guys lately is just amazing.
Thanks!!!
Like Rotger loves to say... this is only the beggining! Muahahaha

It's time to verp!

M.A.B.L.E. #041
V.R.C.A. #032
B.E.A.R.D.S. #056

Alardis Kryze

« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Thats a damn great concept! Inspired to model out my own now.
Go for it then! :)

It's time to verp!

M.A.B.L.E. #041
V.R.C.A. #032
B.E.A.R.D.S. #056

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2014, 12:29 PM »
Oh wow, now I would love to have a JP like that with a pressurized CO2 system installed.   :)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Alardis Kryze

« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2014, 12:38 PM »
Oh wow, now I would love to have a JP like that with a pressurized CO2 system installed.   :)
It will  be great if you'll craft this JP ;) we have shared pep-model here. It is  rather simple for assembling, check it :)

Of course, some of the functional ties are needed to craft manually, but... we all can do it :)

It's time to verp!

M.A.B.L.E. #041
V.R.C.A. #032
B.E.A.R.D.S. #056

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2014, 04:25 PM »
It would not be difficult to incorporate 2 small pneumatic pistons into a CO2 system to open the wings.  Their weight would close them. 

*gears are turning*  :)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Alardis Kryze

« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2014, 02:20 AM »
It would not be difficult to incorporate 2 small pneumatic pistons into a CO2 system to open the wings.  Their weight would close them. 

*gears are turning*  :)
I think we can discuss the turning mechanism, do we? :)

It's time to verp!

M.A.B.L.E. #041
V.R.C.A. #032
B.E.A.R.D.S. #056

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2014, 08:13 AM »
Im'*so* gonna make one of these

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Alardis Kryze

« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2014, 07:02 AM »
Im'*so* gonna make one of these
Go for it, then :)
I'm glad to see  our design is liked by vode :)

It's time to verp!

M.A.B.L.E. #041
V.R.C.A. #032
B.E.A.R.D.S. #056

pyrain condexis

• just an newby
« Reply #13 on: Sep 30, 2014, 03:52 PM »
I really like this design.
but if I am free to ask what program did u use to make those 3D designs because then I can modifie it for my WIP kit

just creating and aproving in time

Alardis Kryze

« Reply #14 on: Oct 01, 2014, 12:28 AM »
but if I am free to ask what program did u use to make those 3D designs because then I can modifie it for my WIP kit
Try to use Pepakura Designer or Pepakura Viewer.

It's time to verp!

M.A.B.L.E. #041
V.R.C.A. #032
B.E.A.R.D.S. #056

gnomKOLIN

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #15 on: Oct 01, 2014, 01:46 AM »
To make 3D model I used Autodesk 3dsMax 2014. Then imported in Pepakura

« Reply #16 on: Oct 21, 2014, 03:43 PM »
Looks very nice. :)
Personally, not only would I want the wings to fold out, but I would probably want them to slide into one another to reduce space when not in use. (think of Buzz Lightyear's wings)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!