Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kavryn's Hurty Things WIP: Updated 11/2/15

• 70 Replies

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
Kavryn's Hurty Things WIP: Updated 11/2/15
« on: Sep 23, 2014, 11:28 PM »
Edit 11/9/15: I just noticed that my photos have begun to disappear. I tried to catch and replace the disappeared ones, but a few may have slipped through the cracks. Just FYI :-\

Yep, I got a few of these in various states of incompletion.

Claws:

Are primered now, but I don't have pics.

Shooty thing:

Gonna chop & rebarrel it.  Have PVC plumbing bits; gotta take pics.

Stabby thing:

Is glued together - need to bondo and sand it now.

Upcoming:
'splodey things - got a few cobbled together; gotta paint... and take pics.  Geez, I gotta take a lot of pictures  :laugh:
Bes'bev - Need to cut pipe to length & drill holes.

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2015, 02:35 PM by Kavryn » Logged

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Kavryn's Hurty Things WIP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2014, 09:42 PM »
Progress!

Chopped up my gun, took all the workings out, sanded the writing.

Borrowed my dad's boss's drill press and cut out my bes'bev.  Woot!

Weapons lineup - barrel in gun, knife, bes'bev.

Claw glove all primered, mostly silvered.

Next up:
Paint last few claws
Paint bes'bev
Detail work on gun
Bondo/sand/bondo/sand/bondo/etc knife :laugh:

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2014, 10:00 PM »
How will you attach the very hurty looking hurty bits to the gloves?

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2014, 10:15 PM »
Superglue was suggested to me as a method of attachment, and that's what I was leaning towards.  Barges leather adhesive was also mentioned, but he said he didn't know how well it'd work with plastic.  I think that I want to find another leather thing that I can ruin, and try different types of adhesive and beat it up pretty good - I don't want to ruin my nice gloves.

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2014, 04:49 PM »
Try some E6000. The stuff can glue literally anything.

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2014, 12:15 AM »
Try some E6000. The stuff can glue literally anything.

I second the E6000. I usually use CA Glue but for areas that will have a lot of flex I think the 6000 will be your best bet.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2014, 07:42 AM »
All righty, I'll pick some up at Walmart then.  One can never have too many kinds of glues  ;D

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2014, 02:21 PM »
All righty, I'll pick some up at Walmart then.  One can never have too many kinds of glues  ;D

Make sure to get the industrial stuff if you can.

CAT #0960

Recon Wip

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2014, 02:43 AM »
Your hurty things look cool. The conversion on the gun looks like it's going to turn into something very cool

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2014, 11:20 PM »
Thanks vod!  I sure hope so.

Aside from getting the last few finger plates silvered, I haven't really done too much work on any of these.  Been doing work, just not on the hurty things.  I'll post as soon as I have something substantial, though.

Kal'Marev

• Classy Falco is Classy
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2014, 10:12 AM »
I used hot glue for my finger and hand plates, that way during a con if they start to come off a bit just heat it up carefully with a lighter and we're good to go again in seconds.

"We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we can certainly kill you."

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2014, 11:07 AM »
Not a terrible idea.  What material are your gloves made out of? I'm wonder if hot glue sticks to leather?

I've also heard that a bottle of superglue is one of those con can't-go-withouts  :laugh:

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2014, 11:13 AM »
E6000 sticks to anything. And there will be no need for an emergency reheat and stick. Avoid hot glue on anything that moves excessively, and I would include gloves in this.

CAT #0960

Recon Wip

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2014, 11:57 AM »
Yeah, I had already bought the e6000 to use on my gloves. I just like to gather information  ;D

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2014, 08:08 PM »
Update time whoo!

Worked on splodey things:

-Bought "sonic distractors" - sanded writing, bondoed cheesyfake screw holes.  Next up: Bondo coat #2
-Made splodeys out of PVC plumbing bits and a McDonald's Transformers toy.  Next up: Glue a mounting point on the back, then paint.

Worked on bes'bev:

Turns out my PVC pipe is EXACTLY the same diameter as a nickel.  So yeah, that happened. :laugh:

Worked on shooty:

About halfway through templating covers for the chopped-off bits on the top.  Also sanded some of the PVC bits for barrel/scope, but that's boring so you don't get pics  :P

Also did a leetle bit of work on stabby, but nothing really picture-worthy.

Kal'Marev

• Classy Falco is Classy
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 19, 2014, 08:29 PM »
Update time whoo!

Worked on splodey things:

LOL, Jersey's Alor'ad has the same ones, one time they popped out and no one could bent to catch 'em except for me :laugh:
Make sure you have a handler or two present just in case.

"We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we can certainly kill you."

Wez

« Reply #16 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:02 PM »
Yes he does have them. I like the pvc pipe grenades as long as some event security doesn't get overzealous and think they are real.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
« Reply #17 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:11 PM »
Eh, they're tiny - probably 4" long at the most.  I'm hoping people won't immediately ID them as PVC by the time I'm done with them - and I'll have a pretty full belt, too, so it's not like they're gonna be lonely.

Wez

« Reply #18 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:28 PM »
They look good so far. May even build myself a couple. Got lots of pvc pipes around for stuff.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
« Reply #19 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:30 PM »
Do it!  Be prepared for an awful lot of sanding, though.  PVC's got all sorts of ridges and lines and mold seams all over it.

Wez

« Reply #20 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:47 PM »
I usually painted over pvc with no sanding. My sniper rifle barrel and stock is pvc. My jetpack WIP frame. The legs and frame for my gun rack. My gatling gun quad barrel.

Kal'Marev

• Classy Falco is Classy
« Reply #21 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:49 PM »
I usually painted over pvc with no sanding. My sniper rifle barrel and stock is pvc. My jetpack WIP frame. The legs and frame for my gun rack. My gatling gun quad barrel.

Little bit of light sanding even with 220 grit helps give the paint a little something extra to hold onto.

Wez

« Reply #22 on: Oct 19, 2014, 10:02 PM »
*Makes note of that for future reference; thanks!

Dra'Xis Tor

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Oct 20, 2014, 01:23 PM »
My wife made a Bes Bev for her kit, she used a wine cork in the end of it.

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2014, 08:58 PM »

You sir, are a one man army!  A true Mando'ad!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!