Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Anyone use wrinklease for their vest?

• 1 Replies

Commander Nokka Tarc

• Make what you can, buy what you can't.
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Anyone use wrinklease for their vest?
« on: Sep 27, 2014, 05:10 PM »
So I went to Jo ann fabrics and purchased two yards of Gene Charcol Wrinklease because it was the most accurate color to match my sketch of my overall suit. The material is pretty this, So I'm probably going to need to add a second layer underneath , probably padding., Has anyone worked with Wrinklease before?  If so any tips?

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Anyone use wrinklease for their vest?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2014, 03:02 AM »
From what I have read on that fabric you will need to use interfacing (the iron on kind) to make it stiff enough to hold your plates properly because it might get weird sagging and what-not from the weight of said plates. I'd also line it. Or even use a heavier fabric as the liner like duck cloth and just use the wrinklease as a "cover" fabric. That's my two credits for you. Good luck Vod let me know if I made any sense.

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!