Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jackboots?

• 6 Replies
Jackboots?
« on: Sep 29, 2014, 09:49 PM »
Are jackboots a valid choice for footwear?

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Jackboots?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2014, 10:14 PM »
I don't see why not. So long as you don't get the obviously-rainboot-styled ones, you'll be good to go. :)

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2014, 11:57 PM »
How do East German Jackboots sound?

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2014, 12:36 AM »
How do East German Jackboots sound?

Sounds fine to me. I would get someone else's opinion too if you can.

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2014, 08:58 AM »
Jackboots are acceptable, as they were used for the boots for several costumes in the original trilogy.

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2014, 05:08 AM »
Acceptable but.....not exactly comfortable.  :'(

I've got a very nice authentic pair that I use with my TIE Pilot costume. They look great and they feel pretty good for about 2 hours...then...not so much. Even with several different layers of padding and insoles those things will kill you after a long day of trooping.

And while they work for pretty boy pilots and Nancy Boy officers I'd imagine a mando would wear something a bit more practical out in the field. You're call though.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2014, 11:16 AM »
Yeah I'm with Tyno Krast. I have a pair for my Rebel Pilot, Tie Pilot and Gunner... they look great... after marching in them in last year's Santa Parade... ungh!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!