Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Clone Backpack

• 58 Replies

Wyn Starhawk

• Strive to be better.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Clone Backpack
« Reply #25 on: Jan 12, 2015, 10:35 AM »
Looking cool man! That's a great idea to have for all the neat stuff you'll buy at C7! I would love to have something similar for that reason lol but the pack wouldn't fit the look of my kit.

Enby. They/them.| Aliit Ori'shya Taldin

Tier

• Sometimes I'm hungry, other times I'm asleep.
  • Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. EnviroOps
« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:17 AM »
Painting complete:

I was desperately trying to avoid being attacked by the dreaded three clawed monster but to get into beast hunters I had to do it.

Next up: Rigging and strapping.

Mountain Ops #001 Beast Hunter #013 M.A.C.K. Daddy #002 Mando-Tough #037 B.E.A.R.D.S. #100

Takisir

• Great moments are born from great opportunity's
« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:46 PM »
Here is what you could do. do a two claw hit, right on the edge. then have a Three clawed trophy hanging right next to it. It hit me but, type of thing. Kill that thing finally.

« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2015, 10:06 PM by Takisir » Logged
Official Troops- 0 UO Troops- 5
I probably will mess up my picture links, so here-
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Takisir/library/?sort=3&page=1
Desert theme, possibly Desert ops later on kit-  
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=82736.0
« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2015, 12:14 AM »
Oh man it's pretty! I think I'm gonna have to get mine back out and actually finish it!

Tier

• Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. EnviroOps
« Reply #29 on: Jan 28, 2015, 08:57 AM »
Ok my Mando brothers and sisters I need your help with some ideas.  I have a 15 switch remote controlled relay controlling my sound effects board. 11/15 are currently taken for the board leaving me  4 open switches that need to do something cool. I was thinking of a retractable "long range" antenna for two of the spots. Any ideas?   

Mountain Ops #001 Beast Hunter #013 M.A.C.K. Daddy #002 Mando-Tough #037 B.E.A.R.D.S. #100

Wyn Starhawk

• Strive to be better.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #30 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:44 AM »
Well like i said last night, you could do the antenna and maybe have a little battery next to it that you could wire in some LEDS. That'd be my guess.

Tier

« Reply #31 on: Jan 28, 2015, 01:38 PM »
I am definitely going to have a panel with indicator LEDs. That way I won't laeve it on all night once I take it off (hopefully).

skillet-the-creeper

• college student, going for game art and design.
« Reply #32 on: Jan 30, 2015, 08:50 PM »
This, is freaking awesome! solves my con merch problem and my grenade carrying problem! Can't wait to get the pep file and start on it!

You only die once. Might as well make it a memorable one don't you think?
« Reply #33 on: Jan 31, 2015, 12:24 AM »
I LOVE that! wish there was a place to get building material like that here.

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2015, 01:43 AM »
What building material, specifically?  I might be able to help you out on that.

« Reply #35 on: Jan 31, 2015, 01:45 AM »
Sintra or any other sort of plastic board. Cant find it anywhere.

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2015, 02:15 AM »
I found this:

http://www.signsnowspokane.com/

I don't know for sure if they sell Sintra or not, but there's a sign place similar to that one here in Norfolk that sells sintra too, presumably to make your own signs.  If they don't have it, these guys have PVC.  Sintra is PVC, but since they specifically said PVC and not Sintra, I'd ask.

http://www.lairdplastics.com/

Here's another sign maker that came up.  Again, I'd ask to see if they have any.

http://www.bpcolor.com/

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2015, 09:25 AM »
you can also get 'expanded cell PVC board' on Amazon.  make sure to search it as expanded cell PVC or you may not get what you're looking for.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #38 on: Jan 31, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Interesting.  I think I'll use that if I make a second kit.  Or third.

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #39 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:19 AM »
Interesting.  I think I'll use that if I make a second kit.  Or third.

It's basically sintra. The only difference is sintra is a brand name. and expended cell PVC foam board is the name of the material.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #40 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:29 PM »
Yeah, I kinda figured when I looked it up on Amazon.  In fact, I think Sintra was one of the hits. 

Tier

« Reply #41 on: Feb 06, 2015, 05:25 PM »
An update:

Leather straps are installed and connected from the pack to my girth belt (awesome mando suspenders engage!). I went with a V cross in the back so the straps will curve around my body and hug the armor (rather than falling off my collar plate). The sound system is operational with all of the audio files optimized and the controller has been integrated into a nifty fore grip for my carbine. Good progress in my book!

Remaining items:
-Pack cover (design, cut and sewn)
-Speaker covers (weather and install)
-Volume knob integration (3d print housing, paint, weather and install)
-False bottom (cut and supports install)
-Pack geeblies (straps, tools, lights etc.)

Wyn Starhawk

• Strive to be better.
« Reply #42 on: Feb 06, 2015, 06:00 PM »
Nice work man. Almost didn't recognize you without the beard  :P

Tier

« Reply #43 on: Feb 16, 2015, 01:45 PM »
Aaaaand we're finished... for now. I want to add some loops for items and such but that will come later. The camp roll really balanced out the pack and i like the way the fur turned out.

For while I have been struggling with what to do with my knives (disregard righty, he's being repaired). I had been sticking them in my boots but they get uncomfortable after a while so I decided to mount them under the pack for a "quick draw" effect. Thanks to the curved blade, the leather loops hold them snug enough that they don't fall out but can be drawn when needed. 

I know I promised a video of the trigger effects but I want to kit up to do it soooo March 22nd it is!

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #44 on: Feb 16, 2015, 02:11 PM »
It's.  So.  Beautiful.

Wyn Starhawk

• Strive to be better.
« Reply #45 on: Feb 16, 2015, 02:33 PM »
Nice work man! You did a good job with it!

Zechs

• Overkill is underrated
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #46 on: Feb 17, 2015, 11:07 PM »

AKA "Lightning Rod"

"Heh.  You survived?  I can fix that."

MMCC #1082
BOMB #41
MABEL #54
ALUMINATI #28

Dynas

• "You can run,but you'll only die tired." Boba Fett
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #47 on: Mar 09, 2015, 03:05 PM »
Very nice.

How did you do you weathering ? I really like the muddy grunge look.

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Career Invasions: 13

OM #874     M.A.N.T.A.     M.A.B.E.L #44

Tier

« Reply #48 on: Mar 09, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Very nice.

How did you do you weathering ? I really like the muddy grunge look.

Thanks!

To attain this level of filth, I do not recommend using washes...

I used latex masking fluid for the base layers of spray paint and then weathered it with black and brown acrylic paint in a plate... and my fingers. I apply liberally and then rub away what I don't want. For the nooks and  crannies, I use a cotton swab. The more texture you have left over, the more patina the result.  I tied to plan the mud, more along the creases and the bottom of the pack so it would look like it had be set in the mud often.  For 3D mud I have used wood filler in the past for other costumes... works well (and it's essentially permanent).

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #49 on: Mar 09, 2015, 09:21 PM »
Duuude!  Way more than what I would think to put into something like that!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!