Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Alex Fett's Armor!

• 35 Replies

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
Re: Armor.
« Reply #25 on: Oct 23, 2014, 08:13 PM »
Thought's on the new collar, back plate, and knees?!

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #26 on: Oct 24, 2014, 06:19 AM »
The back palte still looks similar to the shrubbyswan one I'm guessing for your new plate you traced similarly to what they made but that's in part, where the issue lied. You'd be much better printing off a boba or jango template and trimming it to fit that back plate,

the collar looks good but can't really tel without the rest  of the pltes, looks a bit rough at the bottom edge but could easily be passed of as damage,

and with the knees it looks like you've came into the same issue as shrubbyswan, you're puting single bends in the corners, what you need it a gradual bend over the centre of the knee and leave the sides flat. what I did was heat up the main knee plate, leaving the side tabs cold, I then curved it round a 2 litlre bottle of coke. it gave the centre of the knees the needed curve, but left the outsides nice and flat, and the transition from knee plate to sides was gradual instead of a sharp curve,

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #27 on: Oct 24, 2014, 07:01 AM »
Hey Buddy,

We need to See it on You to judge it further. Just Throw everything on With duct tape and make some App Style pics.

Important Thing on the Backplate is that it's close to your Body. So No Gaps where it Touches your Shoulder. It should hug your bodyshape.

Awesome work on that Weathering. Good Job! Like it!

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #28 on: Oct 24, 2014, 03:41 PM »
The back palte still looks similar to the shrubbyswan one I'm guessing for your new plate you traced similarly to what they made but that's in part, where the issue lied. You'd be much better printing off a boba or jango template and trimming it to fit that back plate,

the collar looks good but can't really tel without the rest  of the pltes, looks a bit rough at the bottom edge but could easily be passed of as damage,

and with the knees it looks like you've came into the same issue as shrubbyswan, you're puting single bends in the corners, what you need it a gradual bend over the centre of the knee and leave the sides flat. what I did was heat up the main knee plate, leaving the side tabs cold, I then curved it round a 2 litlre bottle of coke. it gave the centre of the knees the needed curve, but left the outsides nice and flat, and the transition from knee plate to sides was gradual instead of a sharp curve,

The back plate I actually just re-formed trying to save myself money for the sintra, but i guess that didn't work... The collar i can make smoother of weathered I just took pictures once I was done trimming and molding. as for the knee's I'm not really getting what your tryign to tell me here..

All the parts I just trimmed from the old peices or re-molded to see what I could do without spending MORE money.

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Oct 29, 2014, 07:06 PM »
I know it's hard to get that curve on the bottom of the Knees. Kiffren gave you some excellent advice here. In addition i tell you: everything can be made look good and smooth with Bondo.

The curves are no Must do!!!  ...but when you do them your all over look will benefit. See these are tiny Details. I am always telling my Clanmates tiny details make a good kit great. Sure it will need some extra ellbow grease and probably a new set of skills buuuut in the end your kits look will benefit and hey....You improved yourself with some new crafting skills....isnt that great at all? ;)

Keep going as of yet you're looking great!

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Arno Kal-Torra

Re: Alex Fett's Armor!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2015, 03:59 PM »
Bump updated check at the first page!!!

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2015, 12:38 PM »
Some of the plates will still need a fair bit of work to get approvable (namely the knees and shins) I'll save my opinion on the chest plates till I've seen how they look on you. Though they don't look a bad as shubby plates usually do so I'm guessing you've worked on them a bit

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014
« Reply #32 on: Feb 18, 2015, 12:48 AM »
Knees look a bit boxy vod. Need to be a bit...rounder I imagine.

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #33 on: Feb 18, 2015, 05:35 PM »
Knees look a bit boxy vod. Need to be a bit...rounder I imagine.
Some of the plates will still need a fair bit of work to get approvable (namely the knees and shins) I'll save my opinion on the chest plates till I've seen how they look on you. Though they don't look a bad as shubby plates usually do so I'm guessing you've worked on them a bit

I agree on both of them, but I'm only 15 and cant get approved for a few more years. once I finished the snaps for this kit I'm done with it and will make a new one for approval.

« Reply #34 on: Feb 18, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Oh. Guess you have plenty of time to work on the knees then, neh? Better hope you don't hit a growth spurt before you can apply.

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #35 on: Feb 19, 2015, 12:47 PM »
Oh. Guess you have plenty of time to work on the knees then, neh? Better hope you don't hit a growth spurt before you can apply.

xD yeah, Well I'm already 5'10" and 150lbs so I'd have to get a pretty large gut and I'm a little to active for that.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!