Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Harding's Super Trooper WIP

• 106 Replies
Harding's Super Trooper WIP
« on: Oct 20, 2014, 12:12 AM »
So as of right now I have an incomplete Prototype Boba Fett (Supertrooper) but the quality isnt up to my standards.  I made everything from pepakura and hardened it using rondo. Unfortunately the helmet was put in a closet for a few months and I didnt take the time to add supports to correct the problem before hardening so the helmet needs to be remade. The one chest plate is also slightly warped and it bugs me, plus I think they are a little big. So they will also be remade using 6mm sintra which I have purchased from a local sign shop (thanks for the heads up about sign shops Jorad Werde). I think my gauntlets are on the right track, I do need to change the flamethrower to the Supertrooper style but it is removable so that shouldnt be hard. The knees will be remade, mine are too tight :/ My ammo pouches are made from foam and are not functional and I plan to remake them to functional leather/faux leather pouches. My jetpack is made from EVA foam and coated in smooth on 65d plastic and will eventually be remade. Then I need to hop on getting my blasters made. Oh and I need toe spikes lol.

Here is a picture of what I have

This is where everything sets right now, the grey line is where my collarbone is and the white dot below my ab plate is where my navel is.

This is my new armor plan

Im hoping I got the size and spacing right, I kind of have a long torso but I think it looks pretty spot on but if anyone thinks differently please let me know and I will adjust, any criticism is appreciated. Thanks!

Plates cut and formed xP

Got some work done on my new knees, well one of them. Its made from 3mm sintra. I rounded the edges more and i think it looks a lot better with just that small change. I also made up a dart block from insulation foam. And I think it looks pretty nice!

kiffren

• kiffren MMCC 0666 DZ-27182
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 2016 267th Rapid Assault
Re: Harding's Super Trooper WIP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2014, 12:36 AM »
The sizing looks pretty close though I think they should be a bit narrower. What are you going to make your new plates out of?

Could you post some more pictures of your helmet? It doesn't look that bad in the picture you posted. Also really good job for pepakura and rondo.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2014, 11:55 AM »
It's going to made from 6mm sintra and you think I should trim some off the side? I'll post some pics of my bucket later today so you can see the warpage lol thanks for the kind words

kiffren

• Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 2016 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2014, 12:00 PM »
Go ahead and cut out another set of templates slightly smaller. Your body is really thin and long, which is the opposite of my body type (broad and short), so it's difficult for me to tell on the sizing.

Your templates are coming off of your chest though which makes me think that they're too big. Can you make sure your next picture has them curving with your body?

Edit: I use 6mm sintra on my plates. One thing you need to be careful of is the orientation when you cut them out. Make sure your plates are oriented the same way because I found that thicker sintra will expand in one direction and contract in another. If you look at my post history I think I have pictures of this in my WIP thread.

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2014, 09:23 PM »
YOUR WELCOME!

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2014, 10:32 PM »
I updated the new armor pic in the first post although i still couldnt get it to stay taped on the top belly plate so the spacing looks odd.

And this is my helmet lol

Jorad Werde

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2014, 11:33 PM »
The new armor test fit looks much better. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

kiffren

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2014, 11:35 PM »
New armor fit looks better to me as well. And wow, that helmet is really warped. What is it made out of? Perhaps you could heat gun it and form it back?

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2014, 07:06 AM »
The helm was also pep'd and rondo'd so I'm pretty sure it's done lol

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2014, 01:11 AM »
I got my armor cut out but I think something's wrong with it. I figured there would be more coverage... Lol

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2014, 01:14 AM »

« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2014, 10:39 AM »
I couldnt resist Al'drann lol

But update my actual plates have been heat formed :P

« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2014, 04:35 PM »
Update with one of the knees! And I "Knee"d some input on them lol

Pic in OP

Jorad Werde

« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2014, 04:55 PM »
There's no picture

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2014, 05:22 PM »
There's no picture

Should I stated that the pic is in the first post oops lol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!