Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

A thought?

• 18 Replies
A thought?
« on: Nov 02, 2014, 12:08 AM »

What should I do to it? I want to repaint it so it dose not look like cheap plastic, but what else?

« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2015, 02:13 AM by Ferahgo » Logged

Sgtmac

• Peace through superior firepower...
Re: Help me make this look good?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2014, 01:50 AM »
If its mine, and this is opinion only, (you may hear a lot of them from others) change the front part of the barrel there, go get some PVC pip fittings at a hardware store.  add knobs or small keypad take off the top rail, close the mag well, or put a short mag type block in it.  But do what you want and let the app team tell you what works. 

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2014, 02:14 AM »
I was actually thinking about cutting out the mag well in general. I think that it might look weird, though. Do you think I should extend the barrel with PVC?

Wez

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2014, 05:57 AM »
I would extend the barrel, is that tape wrapped around it? Maybe add a scope, seems that is a Swarzy thing to do for most blasters, since the rail is already there.

Re: Help me make this look good? (Update)
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2014, 06:25 PM »
I decided to scrap the above project. I wont be able to make it look like much other then a cut-up AR.
I stopped by the White Elephant today, and got this for $2!

Not sure if I can make it look swarsy, but I could not pass it up for that price. Mod suggestions?
I bought another gun that I am working on right now. Gonna make it something of a carbine.

Wez

« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2014, 06:30 PM »
Nice, I have that. Had to go all the way to Florida Disney to get it. At the Frontier land gift shop. I painted it black and used it for a Mad Max shotgun. I would keep going with the modification; they take time and it would look good.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2014, 06:44 PM »
What should be done to make it approvable, mate? Any idea?

Wez

« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2014, 12:19 AM »
For the first blaster add the scope and extended barrel to start with. For the second gun:

« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2014, 12:58 AM »
I will do that for the first. NO idea how I could do that for the second, though.

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2014, 04:09 PM »
Without a doubt new barrel and scope. Big Swarzyness (is that a word) there. Perhaps a "heat sink" on the front of the magazine chamber as well. Fill in or sand down the "diamond" grip pattern and maybe cut the rail back a bit.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Wez

« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2014, 04:57 PM »
Yes Swarzyness is a word I have seen used around here often. Meaning Swarz: Star Wars + Y to add description, lol. Not earthy or nerfy.

« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2014, 05:39 PM »
The scope is drying and the barrel is next. What is "Heat Sink"?

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2014, 06:07 PM »
The heat-dissipation grille that is on the front of the magazine box on Han's blaster or on the side rails of the Imperial Merr-Sonn sidearm blasters. Not all blasters have them, but they dd a good effect relatively easily.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2014, 08:57 PM »
Ah. Now I get it.

« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2015, 01:26 PM »
Some new gear

Pistol/Rocket launcher. Will it pass?

Would these work as crush gaunts?

« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2015, 10:11 PM »
How would I go about making a giant cardboard tube into a rocket launcher?

« Reply #16 on: Feb 26, 2015, 02:13 PM »
My rifle/flamethrower (Needs some work) I will be adding a tank for the fuel.

And a dagger

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Some new gear
« Reply #17 on: Feb 26, 2015, 11:19 PM »
That rifle looks good in terms of general design, but it's very much in need of a good sanding in spots to smooth it out.  Keep working at it.

Re: A thought?
« Reply #18 on: Sep 12, 2015, 02:15 AM »
I made something of a cat-o-nine tails. What do you think of this as a non-lethal weapon?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!