Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jet boots?

• 14 Replies

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
Jet boots?
« on: Nov 08, 2014, 03:14 PM »
I wanna be cleared as a force hunter but don't want the heave jetpack. I've always thought Cad Bane's jetboots were coll but have no idea how or what to do for them. Any ideas? i was thinking maybe attach them to my shins? Does anyone have pictures of this stuff done before or anything?!?!?!? Thanks!

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Jet boots?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2014, 05:55 PM »
You may be able to get away with jet boots. You should PM someone in charge of the Brigades about it, but as long as they serve the same purpose as a jetpack you should be good. :)

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2014, 06:02 PM »
You may be able to get away with jet boots. You should PM someone in charge of the Brigades about it, but as long as they serve the same purpose as a jetpack you should be good. :)

Thanks! Yeah i'm just tryign to figure out how to do them?

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2014, 06:22 PM »
Thanks! Yeah i'm just tryign to figure out how to do them?

You could probably use old/found ski boot bindings to attach them to your boots, if you want to be able to remove them. If not, you can always just rivet them to the boots themselves.

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2014, 06:34 PM »
You could probably use old/found ski boot bindings to attach them to your boots, if you want to be able to remove them. If not, you can always just rivet them to the boots themselves.

Thanks, I'm trying to decide whether to attach them to my shins because I have cowboy boots fight now or get new boots.

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2014, 05:20 AM »
I did Cad Bane style jump boots as well (mainly because I wear A LOT of fabric & a jetpack just wouldn't work fabric + fire = toasty mando ;)). For mine I used a length of PVC pipe & a couple PVC caps/couplers. The cone is part of the top of a cheap air freshener...below is a pic...

I used a couple screws to attach them to my shins & they work great! Hope this helps!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2014, 07:31 AM »
I did Cad Bane style jump boots as well (mainly because I wear A LOT of fabric & a jetpack just wouldn't work fabric + fire = toasty mando ;)). For mine I used a length of PVC pipe & a couple PVC caps/couplers. The cone is part of the top of a cheap air freshener...below is a pic...

I used a couple screws to attach them to my shins & they work great! Hope this helps!

Awesome that is exactlly what I was waiting for thanks!

Naasad Tal

• Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2014, 03:42 AM »
Glad I could help...hit me up if you need any more advice on attachment or construction of the jump boots

Chris S. OM# 454

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2014, 03:04 PM »
Glad I could help...hit me up if you need any more advice on attachment or construction of the jump boots

Alrighty thanks! So did you build the back shin plate just for the boots?

Obalon

• My salvation is my weapon
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:22 PM »

Obalon Bralor Valus

Arno Kal-Torra

Naasad Tal

« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2014, 05:56 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, the leg armor I wear is Imperial Surplus's TOR Jedi shknees & they come as a two part set that is supposed to be an enclosed greave. I cut mine a little short to be able to set up the straps & clips much like the colonial marine shin/calf armor from Aliens.

Chris S. OM# 454

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2014, 07:31 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, the leg armor I wear is Imperial Surplus's TOR Jedi shknees & they come as a two part set that is supposed to be an enclosed greave. I cut mine a little short to be able to set up the straps & clips much like the colonial marine shin/calf armor from Aliens.

Awesome thanks

« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2014, 12:00 AM »
Those are some good looking jetboot Naasad!  Also, how did you accomplish making your wraps... wanted to do wrap-style spats and yours look exactly how I hoped to make them!  :o

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2014, 09:56 AM »
Simple and they get the point across, very nice work.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!