Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Spat

• 27 Replies

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Spat
« Reply #15 on: Nov 30, 2014, 02:15 PM »
Wait, even if I don't have all the parts?

Screen shot from the legacy templates/tutorials page.
But they never say really how heavy the medium has to be. I'm using the chest and back legacy plates with thigh plates and knee plates, spats that I traded two thermal detonators for, a Kama and loin. Plus my obvious gaunts, helmet and shoulders. I am even considering using a pauldron too just for chits and giggles.

QMU#084

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Right but I'm trying to avoid things like thigh plates. That's my issue, if I make shin armor I don't need spats, but then I have to have thigh armor

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2014, 02:38 PM »
Right but I'm trying to avoid things like thigh plates. That's my issue, if I make shin armor I don't need spats, but then I have to have thigh armor
If you do spats you shouldnt need shin armor, and you can use your thigh armor as a base to attach holsters to so that they become useful for that as well.

QMU#084

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2014, 02:42 PM »
I've got a separate holster that fits perfectly already, guess I'll just have to bite it, wish I'd realized this before I bought those spats

Bowfanny

« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2014, 02:46 PM »
I've got a separate holster that fits perfectly already, guess I'll just have to bite it, wish I'd realized this before I bought those spats
Dude im going to be using spats on my legacy kit. The worts that is said is add some armor plates.

QMU#084

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2014, 03:46 PM »
I know personally, I'm using long boot spats and i'm gonna just mount my shin armor to the front somehow. No reason you can't have both, is there?

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2014, 04:15 PM »
No, just really didn't want thigh armor that's all

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #22 on: Dec 01, 2014, 02:34 AM »
I couldnt help but notice your profile picture is a Legacy kit Vod. If you are going the legacy route your kit is automatically considered medium class armor per the legacy armor thread information.
Cin was approved as a light Legacy kit- I only had knees and shins, in addition to a loin cloth.  Ask an App Team member to weigh in, but I don't think thighs will be necessary for his kit.

Screen shot from the legacy templates/tutorials page.
But they never say really how heavy the medium has to be.
Armor coverage level questions are covered here.  Jango-level coverage is considered medium, which means boot, shin, and thigh plates, in addition to the light-coverage minimums of knees, cod plate/ clam shell/ loin cloth, chest and back plates, shoulder bells, and hard gauntlets.

Bowfanny

« Reply #23 on: Dec 01, 2014, 04:01 AM »
Cin was approved as a light Legacy kit- I only had knees and shins, in addition to a loin cloth.  Ask an App Team member to weigh in, but I don't think thighs will be necessary for his kit.
Armor coverage level questions are covered here.  Jango-level coverage is considered medium, which means boot, shin, and thigh plates, in addition to the light-coverage minimums of knees, cod plate/ clam shell/ loin cloth, chest and back plates, shoulder bells, and hard gauntlets.
Thank you Cin Vhe'rang! Your legacy kit is a great inspiration! As your kit proves the better part of being a light kit I hope this helps Xaviorbat with staying motivated!

QMU#084

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 01, 2014, 04:22 AM »
Oh I'm not short motivation, I just have to be careful with weight. Sintra itself might not be heavy, but between inexperience wearing materials like this, and my exertion based asthma, I'm trying to avoid putting too much on and winding up suffocating in my helmet. I hope to eventually get in better health, but right now laughing too hard sets it off.

druminllama

• "Peace through Strength!"
« Reply #25 on: Dec 03, 2014, 07:51 PM »
if you read around they do say you can negate some stuff as long as it flows with the kit. So if you just dont want thigh plates go without thigh plates and see what happens! like said ask an app team member for help, they definitely have the knowledge and will be able to help! whats the worst that can happen!? :D thigh plates are easy to make LOL 

> "Just Trust Me..."

- "I Can't Trust A Mercenary!"

> "I'm Not A Mercenary. I'm A Monster Hunter."

- "Don't Be Absurd, Monsters Don't Exist!"

> "Monsters Are Merely People I Deem Unfit To Live In Our Society."

Dynas

• "You can run,but you'll only die tired." Boba Fett
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Hate to rain on your parade but i dont think those spats are OM approvalable seeing as the laces are still visible and the buttons and lacing would also not be acceptable. You could use that as a base design. My advice, as I am working on spats as well is to take the boba fett spats to cover your boots then make another piece that will wrap around your calf and sew the shoe pc with the calf pc. As far as attachments velcro is your friend.

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Career Invasions: 13

OM #874     M.A.N.T.A.     M.A.B.E.L #44

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Family events 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #27 on: Dec 20, 2014, 08:56 PM »
medium can get very heavy before being reclassified as heavy.

Main differences:
- Heavy has neck armor in addition to collar armor
- Heavy has bicep and shoulder armor
- Heavy has a full shoulder armor
- Heavy has butt armor (or a Kama that armors that area)
- Heavy has to have back and cod armor (medium can have a cape or duster instead, as long as it covers the backplate, and a loin cloth. Heavy can have these, but only in addition to, not instead of)

Basically..Legacy armor can be Heavy, but it's automatically Medium. Note that you can mix and match (for example, I consider my armor to be light, even though the only thing that I'm missing from the medium armor list is thigh plates). Light/Medium/Heavy armor only really matter if you're trying to go for a brigade.

The only stupid questions, are the ones you're too afraid - or too proud - to ask.

MMCC International Costuming Standards - CLICK HERE

MQ+A FAQ - CLICK HERE

MQ+A Question Form - CLICK HERE

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!