Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Spat

• 27 Replies

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
Spat
« on: Nov 24, 2014, 07:28 PM »
Currently I'm debating if my armor will be light or medium and the deciding factor comes down to how difficult a spat is to make, or expensive it is to buy, to cover my laces. Anyone have any suggestions or patterns? I'm currently wearing these boots. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H7WS1A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mavik

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Spat
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2014, 08:42 PM »
They should be easy to make. I could get with you and make a pattern off of mine if you would like.

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2014, 08:44 PM »
That'd be helpful thanks! That'll make it so I can do Light armor, giving me more places to put pouches for my Engineer gear

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2014, 01:41 AM »
theres an awesome pattern on etsy for $7 that are these
ill be making at least one set myself.

QMU#084

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2014, 02:15 AM »
They kinda just look like cloth tubes

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2014, 02:24 AM »
Mine will have thicker legs in them so they will be more like cloth trunks lol

QMU#084

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2014, 02:30 AM »
http://www.simplicity.com/t-Sewing-Spats.aspx Hey look what I found! Free spat instruction!

Bowfanny

« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2014, 02:32 AM »
Very nice find Vod.

QMU#084

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2014, 02:43 AM »
Xavior, the boots i have planned for order are similar to yours, minus the knobby bits on the bottom. i've already ordered and received these http://www.amazon.com/Forum-Novelties-Steampunk-Suede-Spats/dp/B004QQ358S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416987390&sr=8-1&keywords=boot+spats&pebp=1416987397005 in black. they are a little too big around for my legs but they have an elastic strip at the calf so i'm gonna have them taken in and then they should be perfect. super cheap. and the closure is velcro under false buttons. just an idea.

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2014, 03:06 AM »
Oh, that'll work fine with my armor concept. Now I just need to find some gloves, and those I want local to get a good fit. Thanks!

druminllama

• "Peace through Strength!"
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2014, 11:36 PM »
theres an awesome pattern on etsy for $7 that are these
ill be making at least one set myself.

those... those are awesome

> "Just Trust Me..."

- "I Can't Trust A Mercenary!"

> "I'm Not A Mercenary. I'm A Monster Hunter."

- "Don't Be Absurd, Monsters Don't Exist!"

> "Monsters Are Merely People I Deem Unfit To Live In Our Society."

Bowfanny

« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2014, 02:51 AM »
those... those are awesome
The pattern (Minus the elasic closures and buttons) was Okayed by Kelan Ord as was my question about leather so you can make leather versions of these and use a different closure method of approvable design! I purchased the pattern pm me if interested in finding out where you can get it.

QMU#084

ravonos

• I don't hate people, I think they're delicious.
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2014, 02:40 AM »
I bought a pair similar to these and covered up the logo's with armor plates. I used boot armor to cover up the bottom laces that weren't fully covered and shin armor to cover the logos on the gaiters. The nylon weathers up well too.

Bowfanny

« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2014, 03:07 AM »
Currently I'm debating if my armor will be light or medium and the deciding factor comes down to how difficult a spat is to make, or expensive it is to buy, to cover my laces. Anyone have any suggestions or patterns? I'm currently wearing these boots. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H7WS1A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I couldnt help but notice your profile picture is a Legacy kit Vod. If you are going the legacy route your kit is automatically considered medium class armor per the legacy armor thread information.

QMU#084

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2014, 05:32 AM »
Wait, even if I don't have all the parts?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!