Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandos in the Okanagan?

• 22 Replies
Mandos in the Okanagan?
« on: Dec 25, 2014, 03:45 PM »
I was just curious as to how many mandos there are out in the okanagan area? I live in Kelowna and would love to find someone in the area who has some experience in armour making to help me get started.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
Re: Mandos in the Okanagan?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Hooray! Finally another Okanagan-er! ;D I'm just over in Summerland! :D Sadly, I'm kinda the only one around here, and I don't have anything but a helmet :P But I do know what I'm talking about most of the time ;)

Oh, and welcome to the Mercs! And a Merry Christmas :)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Thats awesome ;D I was afraid I was going to be the only one out here! I would love to get in contact with and maybe we can start on our kits together

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2014, 11:27 PM »
We certainly should! I've been meaning to get going on my kit here pretty soon, just have a few more ducks I need to chase into order ;)

Have you got any ideas for what kind of kit you're gunna build?

« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2014, 12:23 AM »
Im thinking a jango style kit minus the jet pack. I haven't fully decided on what I want exactly just yet. I just ordered a pre viszla helmet today that will be my first step towards my kit and am super excited about it  :P

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2014, 04:04 PM »
Sweeet! Love the Viszla! 8)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! And remember: This forum is full of helpful people! Read through all the WIP threads in the armor boards and ask questions if you don't understand something! Everyone is here to make sure you make the best possible costume! ;D

« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2014, 03:14 PM »
Thanks for the advice and the warm welcome! I can't wait to get started on my kit!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2014, 01:17 AM »
Welcome to the forums vode.
While we have few Mando's in BC, I always recommend hooking up with the local 501st, of which there are several in the Okanagan.

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Sounds like a great idea. How would I get in contact with them from what I can tell from my quick search they don't have a forum set up like this that makes it easy to reach them. I may be wrong I just took a quick look.

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Hey vode, welcome to the Mercs! It's great to see more activity out west, good luck with your builds.

If you have any questions that I can help you with feel free to PM me.

Cheers
Tact

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #11 on: Jan 07, 2015, 01:18 AM »
Sounds like a great idea. How would I get in contact with them from what I can tell from my quick search they don't have a forum set up like this that makes it easy to reach them. I may be wrong I just took a quick look.

I've got one of them on my facebook, if you want you can message me and I'll hook you up with him :)

Otherwise, you could go to the 501st Badlands Garrison forum. I haven't had need to do so yet, but you could ask there for contacts to the Okanagan members. That way it's through a forum instead of your facebook, if that matters to you ;)

« Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2015, 11:33 AM »
I've got one of them on my facebook, if you want you can message me and I'll hook you up with him :)

Otherwise, you could go to the 501st Badlands Garrison forum. I haven't had need to do so yet, but you could ask there for contacts to the Okanagan members. That way it's through a forum instead of your facebook, if that matters to you ;)

Sounds like a great plan to me. I'll find you on Facebook Serim  :)

« Reply #13 on: Jan 07, 2015, 11:07 PM »
In Kamloops here, would like to find a way to get in touch with some locals! Just starting my journey - bought a new dremel kit and a heat gun today, ha ha. Eyed up all the giant gallons of Resin at home depot but had to tell myself one step at a time.

Would be great to have some connections for Mando'ade road trips. And bbqs!

« Reply #14 on: Jan 07, 2015, 11:44 PM »
In Kamloops here, would like to find a way to get in touch with some locals! Just starting my journey - bought a new dremel kit and a heat gun today, ha ha. Eyed up all the giant gallons of Resin at home depot but had to tell myself one step at a time.

Would be great to have some connections for Mando'ade road trips. And bbqs!

I like the way you think Cyrika! Do you have a workshop? I live in an apartment so its not exactly the best place to work on anything that involves chemicals or paint haha.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!