Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandos in the Okanagan?

• 22 Replies
Re: Mandos in the Okanagan?
« Reply #15 on: Jan 17, 2015, 11:41 AM »
My kitchen is my workshop currently. I have a buddy who has a garage we're outfitting to make into a workshop, but that'll be slow going with electrical upgrades (and his wife's stuff everywhere...). It would be difficult to work on your stuff in an apt setting - luckily I have a suite but even that is just patio and limited space.

Let's see if we can come up with something, or put some "ambition" to my buddy so that his garage is in working order. Fanexpo is just around the corner, then there's ComiCon aaaaaaaaand that movie or something being released this year  :D Time frames and deadlines are good for making things happen.

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2015, 11:52 AM by Cyrika » Logged
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:28 PM »
I work at a car dealership and have been going in on weekends to use some of the mechanics tools and the space but its not ideal since seeing as there are expensive cars that can get paint over spray on them that i would rather not have to pay for if they are damaged. I would love to try and find a place to get together and work on some stuff maybe have a mini armour party with you, Serim and myself in the near future. I'd like to have a good head start on my kit by the time Fan Xpo comes around.

Sidewalker

• Faster, more intense!
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2015, 11:56 AM »
I grew up in Kelowna during my teen years. Check out outerrimgarrison.com and get to know some of your local 501st!

Sidewalker
Hett'ciri Clan Ruus’alor Sol’yc
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:22 AM »
Available this coming week (yes, full seven days!) to make a trip out to the O.K. area if something can be arranged for a work party. Emphasis on the party, and a little dash of work? I have my kit all cut out, but I've yet to delve into the bondo slinging.

Let me know? My schedule is open every other week (7 on, 7 off is a beauty rotation) and it's easier to go to the 'nagan than it is down to Vancouver. That will have to wait till better weather I think.

« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2015, 12:02 PM »
Saturdays are my only whole day off but I would be game for getting together. Unfortunately I don't exactly have a great space to work especially with multiple people. Also I don't have a ton to work on at the moment I have my bowcaster build attempt and am waiting on the arrival of my helmet which if it gets here this week I will have plenty to keep me busy.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:39 PM »
I, unfortunately, have nothing to work on at the moment :rolleyes: And I probably don't have the greatest place to offer as a shop since it's about an hour South of Kelowna (pretty far for the both of you), though from what you guys are saying it may be the best option for armour parties... :-\
If you guys wanted, we could at least meet up and get to know each other? Could sit at a Tim Horton's, or something, draw up plans, discuss what you guys are working on, share pics and threads, ect.
While I don't have much of a kit, I can claim a fair amount of knowledge of the CRLs, how to build things, or where you could find tutorials/templates for what you want to do, so I can help out in that respect! ;D

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2015, 06:08 PM »
I would be up for that Serim it would be good to have some help with a well thought out plan before getting too carried away. And I'm always happy to meet fellow Star Wars fanatics like myself :D I just got word about my helmet it should be shipped by this weekend hopefully so I don't have a ton to work on at the moment but I do have my bowcastor to work on. Hopefully we can work something out  ;D

« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 2015, 12:41 AM »
let me know dates guys and we from vancouver can road trip it to you guys. And I am great on the bbq cook . And if you can make it down here to vancouver let us know and I will open up my garage and fire up the bbq this summer.

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!