Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Red's first armor WIP

• 130 Replies

Vassk

• I will make it legal
  • Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Red's first armor WIP
« Reply #75 on: Jan 23, 2016, 12:48 PM »
Everything looks great Vod,  love it ;)
One thing - I'd move the belly plate a bit higher & left chest plate closer to the center.

Delta13

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #76 on: Jan 23, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Yeep looks awsome :D

Are the vibroblade parts  laser cutted?

Redness

• Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun.
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #77 on: Jan 23, 2016, 02:58 PM »
One thing - I'd move the belly plate a bit higher & left chest plate closer to the center.
Will do ;) Thanks!

Are the vibroblade parts  laser cutted?
Yes they are :) Perfect cut

MMCC #1529
M.A.B.E.L. #065
#1 Armor WIP
#2 Verpine WIP
#3 Jodo Kast WIP

Delta13

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #78 on: Jan 24, 2016, 04:11 AM »

Yes they are :) Perfect cut
Awsome ;D

Redness

« Reply #79 on: Feb 05, 2016, 03:16 PM »
Alright! Straight and to the point - today marks the first full armour gear up!

Apologies for the surroundings and poor lighting - pictures were taken in my living room at dusk ;) Aaaand I forgot to plug in chest display power ;)

MMCC #1529
M.A.B.E.L. #065
#1 Armor WIP
#2 Verpine WIP
#3 Jodo Kast WIP

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #80 on: Feb 05, 2016, 04:19 PM »
Looks like you're coming along pretty well!

What's left to do? ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #81 on: Feb 05, 2016, 04:28 PM »
Like the Vibro-knife!

QMU#084

Redness

« Reply #82 on: Feb 07, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Looks like you're coming along pretty well!
What's left to do? ;D
Thanks :) Well actually I'd like to think that I'm done :) Just need to wait a moment to get warmer outside so I can take some proper pictures and see what the app team has to say :)
Like the Vibro-knife!
Thanks! I'm really proud of it although after painting it looks a bit poor on the details:

There's always room for improvement. Hopefully my next knife will be better, now that I know how to do it more or less properly ;)

MMCC #1529
M.A.B.E.L. #065
#1 Armor WIP
#2 Verpine WIP
#3 Jodo Kast WIP

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #83 on: Feb 07, 2016, 05:22 PM »
The build looks great. I suggest moving whatever attaches your plates closer to the edges, as they all seem to be hovering away from the vest. It's especially noticeable in the first and last pics where there's a visible shadow under the chest plates. They could be a little closer together too (1/4 inch to 1/2 inch for the diamond and a little more for ab plate and collar). You did a great job making the spacing even, so it sucks to tell you to move anything.

I don't think it will keep you from passing, but I would have picked another color for cod/boots/ammo belt. All that black blends together. I had knee-high black boots with my black flightsuit originally and it just looked "off" because I had a bunch of color above the waist. I switched to light grey boots and it looked more balanced. Perhaps a lighter color of flight suit would look better and be easier than replacing one or more of those things?

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #84 on: Feb 07, 2016, 07:19 PM »
Also, before you put your app in, make sure you talk to your clan's Ruus'alor. They'll be able to let you know if you're ready for the App process, or if you have any tweaks that'll improve your chances of passing ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Redness

« Reply #85 on: Feb 08, 2016, 05:01 AM »
The build looks great. I suggest moving whatever attaches your plates closer to the edges, as they all seem to be hovering away from the vest. It's especially noticeable in the first and last pics where there's a visible shadow under the chest plates. They could be a little closer together too (1/4 inch to 1/2 inch for the diamond and a little more for ab plate and collar). You did a great job making the spacing even, so it sucks to tell you to move anything.

I don't think it will keep you from passing, but I would have picked another color for cod/boots/ammo belt. All that black blends together. I had knee-high black boots with my black flightsuit originally and it just looked "off" because I had a bunch of color above the waist. I switched to light grey boots and it looked more balanced. Perhaps a lighter color of flight suit would look better and be easier than replacing one or more of those things?

Now that's constructive criticism :) Thanks!
I admit I didn't look at the plates as I was gearing up for the photo shoot, so I didn't notice that they hover away. And yea... moving it all will be a pain ;)
As for the all things black - my initial plan was for the cod piece to be red but I felt it might look weird so intead I went black... I can still repaint it with no problem, really. It would be easier than looking for new flightsuit. It took me ages to finally find the one that fit and makes moving possible. Boots - it was a bargain that I couldn't pass up, so they're to stay for now. Unless I can repaint them too somehow... should look ok in grey I suppose.

Also, before you put your app in, make sure you talk to your clan's Ruus'alor. They'll be able to let you know if you're ready for the App process, or if you have any tweaks that'll improve your chances of passing ;D

We don't really have a Ruus'alor in our Polish Stronghold but I'm in touch with our 2 official members :)

MMCC #1529
M.A.B.E.L. #065
#1 Armor WIP
#2 Verpine WIP
#3 Jodo Kast WIP

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #86 on: Feb 08, 2016, 06:03 AM »
Maybe some spats or leg wraps will separate the boots from your legs?

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #87 on: Feb 08, 2016, 11:18 AM »
If you take Pre-app pics then give me a pm, I'll put them into the European pre-application board and then return any comments to you. I do try to keep up with all the European builds coming through. Also, if you need to speak with a Ruus'alor, then Karas is the European Ruus'sol and is there to help any EU strongholds without a Ruus'alor of their own yet.

For things that I can see now that will probably need changing - Don't forget to add a bit of weathering to the vest - it's a little shiny new clean compared to the chipping on the plates. Don't need to do too much, just a touch here and there.
You will likely need a bigger weapon. While melee weapons will be allowed as you 1 required weapon that knife is a little small. If you are planning another, perhaps make a bigger one so you have a nicely matched set.

These are all just suggestions for breaking up the black not necessary changes - I'd actually add a vibroblade sheath at an ankle, probably out of a grey leather, that would lighten that area up and add something extra of interest. For the thighs, perhaps think of adding some tools or some grenades or something to fill in the gap. The cod plate might work with red on, perhaps the outer edges and leave the centre black.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Redness

« Reply #88 on: Apr 23, 2016, 01:39 PM »
I'm alive! Just busy with life stuff and in my free time I'm playing about with some ideas:
Knife ankle sheath as Kris suggested:

Toe spikes maybe?

<- crappy picture but you get the idea

Also, I'm considering repainting my butt plate and cod piece light grey to break up the blackness. Don't want to add anything on the thighs though ;)

MMCC #1529
M.A.B.E.L. #065
#1 Armor WIP
#2 Verpine WIP
#3 Jodo Kast WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!