Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hearing help?

• 15 Replies

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
Hearing help?
« on: Jan 06, 2015, 05:20 AM »
I was looking at information on youtube for speaking outside of your helmet and already picked my voice amp, however I have 2 questions, one dependent on the other. One, is it hard to hear inside the helmet? And two, if so, what kind of hearing pickup is recommended?

Rane Maldalay

• When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
Re: Hearing help?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2015, 05:36 AM »
I believe a simple headset would work well, for speaking and for picking up.  I know they have setups and tutorials in the electronics section.

When the needle climbs, the engines scream, and the blue fades to black...
Where the twinkling lights of stars becomes a sea of light among the dark...
There is where you'll find me.
Praeter Calum Ad Astrum - Beyond the Sky, to the Stars
See you Starside

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2015, 05:40 AM »
I don't think the headset alone would hear outside the helmet. I already figured out how to put my voice outside, but I need to be able to hear the outside from within.

Fi-8015

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2015, 09:39 AM »
I bought a Velleman super stereo ear set from an electronic supplier near me (about 10 I think) and plan to use it in my next helmet, because I can't hear anything in there. It is easy to assemble, if you know how to solder. You can use any haedphone with a 3,5mm audio connector with it.

Helmets for Sale in the Trading Station

electriFi - Mando Electronics English / German

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2015, 10:09 AM »
weather or not it's hard to hear in your bucket is really something that comes about on an individual basis.  For instance I have no issue hearing in my helmet, others can't hear for oisk and they need all the help they can get. I would suggest getting your helmet padded and testing it out before you go and get external amplification.  If it turns out you need it, figure something out, if not, then you're golden

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2015, 12:16 PM »
I bought a Velleman super stereo ear set from an electronic supplier near me (about 10 I think) and plan to use it in my next helmet, because I can't hear anything in there. It is easy to assemble, if you know how to solder. You can use any haedphone with a 3,5mm audio connector with it.

I've got the same kit waiting for when I start helmet upgrades.

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2015, 04:48 PM »
The issue with that is, I can't soldier...I tried with another project...wound up burning the board enough to take the little gold connectors off

« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2015, 07:40 PM »
The issue with that is, I can't soldier...I tried with another project...wound up burning the board enough to take the little gold connectors off

A small tip for your soldering iron is a godsend.

Fi-8015

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2015, 09:38 AM »
If I remember correctly somebody used to sell similar assembled devices in the Trading Station.

Helmets for Sale in the Trading Station

electriFi - Mando Electronics English / German

Gale Cabur

• Vode an
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2015, 08:03 PM »
It is called uproar, pm him to see if they are still available http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=76540.0

Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2015, 08:32 PM »
Thanks! I did just that, that, plus this small speaker I have, I might be able to contain my entire electronic package in my helmet lol

Ziike

• If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2015, 08:34 PM »

Gale Cabur

• Vode an
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2015, 09:45 PM »
I would suggest getting some insulating foam or something similar to prevent feedback.

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2015, 12:28 PM »
How big of a speaker did you get all the speakers Ibe seen so far could not produce a strong enough sound to be audible within a metre

Gale Cabur

• Vode an
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2015, 12:35 PM »
With an aker 1506 you can hear my very clearly at a packed convention hall and with full volume you could project your voice across classrooms. They are quite loud trust me.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!