Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flashing LEDs for breaching charge help

• 2 Replies

Tiric Keel

• Family is more than blood!
  • Awards 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2017
Flashing LEDs for breaching charge help
« on: Feb 04, 2015, 02:30 PM »
I am in the process of working towards demo brigades, and I want a door-breaching charge with flashing LEDs but have very basic wiring skills and none with LEDs.  If anyone can point me in the right direction or show how it's done, I would be very grateful!  Thanks vod!

Karta Beskar 2019
OM Troops: 80.  Educational Troops: 23
MMCC # 1081
159   Tiric Keel, 10/17/15, Vanguard, 267th Rapid Assault   Demolitions
DZ-80396 “Ace”

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards EnviroOps Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Flashing LEDs for breaching charge help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2015, 05:13 AM »
simple search in google;

http://cappels.org/dproj/simplest_LED_flasher/Simplest_LED_Flasher_Circuit.html

and to add a switch for on/off just add one between the 1k resistor and the 12v feed :)

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Flashing LEDs for breaching charge help
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2015, 05:35 AM »
You can get LEDs that are flashing LEDs, all you need to do is add a switch and a battery. Really, really simple. I have a tutorial on how I wired my gauntlets floating around here somewhere. Didn't even need to use resistors.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!