Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vancouver Armor Party - 25 January

• 14 Replies

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Vancouver Armor Party - 25 January
« on: Jan 10, 2015, 04:10 PM »
Sunday, 25 January I'm hosting at my place.   We'll start when the first person gets here and go as late as anyone wants to.   Please feel free to bring whoever you want, there should be tons of space, but don't post my address/phone publicly.  I am literally next door to Lougheed Mall so we can take food court and/or Safeway brakes or order pizza if you guys want, or hold off and do a group sit-down at any of the restaurants around here.  I'd rather leave it fluid and just have everyone bring a shareable snack or something.

A couple of folks who couldn't make it have asked about an online hangout.   Right now there's no intertubes running though the shop but I'll try to get something sorted before then if I can and set up a laptop for you to "join in" remotely.

I also have an almost certain confirmation from a gent who has been working on a Boba for the 501st who wants to come out who isn't on our boards (yet?)

If all goes well, perhaps we can establish the last Sunday of every month as a planned build day so people from outside the city can arrange to come in for the weekend or something.  I can possibly pu someone up on my couch for a night or two if theyare coming from out of town.

If you want in and didn't get the PM invite, then drop me a message and I'll send you my number and address.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Vancouver Armor Party - 25 January
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2015, 03:40 AM »
*bump*

Reminder, this is next week!  If you want to join us and haven't heard back form me, please remind me and I'll get you the details

Late Crusader WIP

paradoxdj

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2015, 05:42 PM »
I'll be there, not sure what i'll have to work on but i'll be there.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2015, 05:49 PM »
If it really comes to that, we'll step over to the foodcourt and grab a bite.   As far as I know, none of us have actually met in person, right?

Late Crusader WIP

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:12 PM »
Probably not :-X

Would be nice to see a list of who's going to be there!

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:14 PM »
So far we have ParadoxDJ, happyhunter1, and a local 501st recruit coming out who I believe is working on an ESB Boba but I'm not positive.

Late Crusader WIP

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:23 PM »
That's a start! And far better than just 1! :P

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Paradox and I are both OM so hopefully the other two will bring things to work on and we can get some work knocked out.    We currently have three OMs in BC [The Red Mandalorian out on Vancouver Island being the third] so we're close enough to have hope :-P

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2015, 10:05 AM »
I am interested in joining a mando merc squad and would love to come out and meet you and talk about it. contact me via my email.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2015, 11:18 PM »
I'm'a go ahead and call that a success for a first time.

After almost 8 hours, I hereby degree this armour party both concluded and a success. 2 Mercs, 3 Recruits and a stray TK came out, thought the TK left pretty early so I guess he figured he was in the wrong neighborhood ;) 

We realized that between the five of us who were out today, we have one fiberglass, one metal, one ABS, one Sintra, and one resin. We're all set to take in new recruits in whatever medium they like once we're done with all of ours.

We'll be trying to do them every other Sunday.  If you want to come by and chat or work on a kit, drop me a line and I'll send you details!  Next armor party is scheduled tentatively for 8 Feb.

Late Crusader WIP

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2015, 11:45 PM »
For those who came out, what was lacking, what do we need to organize/provide better other than hearing protection?

Late Crusader WIP

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:12 AM »
Very cool to see the progress, great job.

Nice shop BTW

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2015, 01:33 PM »
Thanks, one perk of a condo.   We pay maintenance/STRATA fees through the teeth but it does have a lot of perks too.  The craft room is about twice that size again right behind the photographer for clean crafts like painting, pottery, etc. so it's a great area to work in, and I should have done this a long time ago  8)

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2015, 04:34 PM by Zophar Ptay » Logged
Late Crusader WIP

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:24 PM »
No doubt that was an awesome set up in there tons of tools plenty of space, good for the creative juices

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:41 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it.   Come out in 2 weeks, with the progress you made you could likely get most of your plates finished in one more go.

Late Crusader WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!