Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

ElectroStaff Remake

• 0 Replies

Ally93

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
ElectroStaff Remake
« on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:37 PM »
On my Journay last year to becoming OM I had one goal to make an electrostaff. Although I made one to many flaws in my build and with little funds I kind of gave up on the making of the electrostaff which has been poorly done and sitting around in my room.

When someone thinks of Electrostaff they'll probably think of one of two things, of course the weapon was made to be used against lightsabers or at least withstand combat against one for a while. So the main sort of scenes the electrostaff being used was featured in the Clone wars Animated series and also in Episode III and was common used by the Droids Grevious used as guards (I forgot their correct name).

When I first started this build I had one big issues, the battery packs where far more noticeable and so I tried to sloppily cover it up using fabric like a wrap around.

The EL wires are still good and so are the battery packs. However I've decided its time to remake this and make it a proper Prop that I can use at con's.

First off I'll be using the same Poly pimping but Will probably cut it in half so I can assemble and disassemble the prop for traveling wise.
Although the design will be a little different compared to the electrostaff's used in the movie and animation. Apparently there is a wide range of different designs used in the vary star wars games.

I wont to keep this as much canon as much as I can so my first objective is to come up with a design, one that will either cover up the battery pack or blend the battery packs in with the design.
Hopefully I can come up with a design later on today or during the week :)

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam - A warrior is more than his armor

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!