Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ion's armor WIP (pic heavy)

• 133 Replies

Ion

• Gizka herder :D
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
Re: Ion's armor WIP (pic heavy)
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2015, 06:28 AM »
Not yet:D Will remake chest plates and retake photos on the dark background :)

Verd'ika Helmet WIP- Female Armor WIP- Force Hunter WIP - Art/Crafts  
E.M.T.S. #137 | K.O.V.A. #0020 | G.M.O.L. #017 | L.O.B. #12 | M.5. #065 |

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2015, 11:30 PM »
Good looking kit, vod!  I'm digging on that sword. :D

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2015, 02:16 AM »
This looks really, amazingly fantastic.  What a beautiful kit.  And I have to add that I'm completely jealous of your New Rocks.  I've wanted a pair for about ten years now.   :D  Best of luck!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #103 on: Jun 15, 2015, 07:46 AM »
I cannot believe I missed this build thread, especially as a fellow Vok'Chi applicant...your work is utterly sublime. Just had a read-through of this thread and I don't think I've ever been so inspired to get home and work on my kit!

I may have to have a stab at making a vibroknife with your method too...was one LED all you needed? And where on Earth did you get such fine perspex? :L

- Ol

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #104 on: Jun 15, 2015, 10:00 AM »
I cannot believe I missed this build thread, especially as a fellow Vok'Chi applicant...your work is utterly sublime. Just had a read-through of this thread and I don't think I've ever been so inspired to get home and work on my kit!

I may have to have a stab at making a vibroknife with your method too...was one LED all you needed? And where on Earth did you get such fine perspex? :L

- Ol

Based on this quote I went back and re-read everything. Fantastic work Vod

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Ion

• Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #105 on: Jun 19, 2015, 02:02 PM »
Thank you:D *hides blush  under the helmet*

Cant wait for August till I move to a new place and will be able  use garage  as a workshop:D
Need do lots of additions for this kit and improve it.

For vibro-sword I used one LED at the bottom, but if you add more it will be even better:D
Maybe even use the strip of leds along the blade. During bright day lightning glow is not visible;/
I reused LED from dog collar ( it has batteries and button already) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zehui-Safety-Flashing-circular-Pendant/dp/B009WJF94W/ref=pd_sim_199_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0CNJTRENGC19BBXZMWFD

Perspex I  got from here http://www.midlandplastics.co.uk/
paid ~ 1£ ( without postage) for  thickness 5mm length 500mm width  60mm piece.

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2017, 06:25 AM by Kara Kelborn » Logged

Ion

« Reply #106 on: Jul 22, 2015, 06:36 AM »
Remade my chest plates, made them smaller and now better fitting.
(at the top old ones)

Added armor plates going on top of my boots.

Application photos.

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2017, 06:28 AM by Kara Kelborn » Logged

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #107 on: Jul 22, 2015, 09:47 AM »
Looks good!

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #108 on: Jul 22, 2015, 11:03 AM »
I keep seeing pictures of this kit on facebook with Michael Antoine and it looks SOOO good!

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #109 on: Jul 22, 2015, 11:42 AM »
I like your large gauntlets

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Ion

« Reply #110 on: Aug 08, 2015, 04:35 AM »
Thanks:D those gauntlets were even bigger I had trim 15mm off from lower part.
Applied for membership. Waiting....

While waiting thinking about decorating one of shoulders with image of Alderaanian Vorn Tiger.
I just love those cats from SWTOR MMO.

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2017, 06:28 AM by Kara Kelborn » Logged

Avix Dreylestre

• "Cin Vhetin"
« Reply #111 on: Aug 08, 2015, 07:25 AM »
 :o
Do you ever see a WIP so awesome it makes you mad?
That's this'n. Fan-bleeping-tastic, vod. Everything about this kit is really remarkable.
Good luck with your application! (Though I doubt you'll need luck, frankly :P)

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #112 on: Aug 08, 2015, 02:53 PM »
Hi !
The one is the middle is more classic, but I like the idea of the third one. The thing is that 2nd one is more balanced.

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #113 on: Aug 09, 2015, 09:49 AM »
This kit is slick, and I can't believe how fast you got it done!  Great work, vod, and I can't wait to see your kill stripes!

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #114 on: Aug 09, 2015, 10:27 AM »
How did I not see this WIP before?  :o
You should have no problem getting your stripes!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ion

« Reply #115 on: Aug 12, 2015, 09:00 PM »
Yay got my stripes! So happy:D

Note to myself: do not forget check email daily.

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2017, 06:29 AM by Kara Kelborn » Logged

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #116 on: Aug 12, 2015, 11:14 PM »
Nice congrats

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

« Reply #117 on: Aug 13, 2015, 02:05 AM »
Congratulations!

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #118 on: Aug 13, 2015, 09:19 AM »
No surprise here ;D. Congrats!

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Avix Dreylestre

• "Cin Vhetin"
« Reply #119 on: Aug 13, 2015, 10:07 AM »
No luck required ;) pure skill. Congrats, vod! :D

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #120 on: Aug 13, 2015, 10:48 AM »
Congrats ! I wanted to see these killstripes ! :)

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #121 on: Aug 13, 2015, 11:25 AM »
Oya! Grats!

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #122 on: Aug 13, 2015, 07:29 PM »
Congrats on the stripes Vod

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #123 on: Aug 14, 2015, 03:35 PM »
Congratz! 8)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Kyri

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #124 on: Sep 11, 2015, 02:16 AM »
Just stumbled across this while I was seat in to see how people mod New Rocks. Mind is blown. Amazing work vod!

Good to see a fellow Londoner on here get approved. Here's hoping I'm not too far behind. Be great to meet you and the rest of the Vok'Chi sometime soon.

That Vibroblade...  :o :o :o

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!