Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Next Mainland Armour Party - TBA

• 156 Replies

A0050Dad

• No facebook or twitter just instagram
Re: Next Mainland Armour Party - 25 Aug
« Reply #150 on: Aug 20, 2018, 05:30 PM »
I will come, not sure what to bring with me though?
I have no idea where to go though so where do I get this secret address from?
 :jango: :jango: :jango: :jango:

Adenn Kebiin Prudii

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #151 on: Aug 20, 2018, 06:05 PM »
It looks like a lot of new folks coming out so in general:

• The end time tends to be highly fluid depending on what is being done.  I have no plans after so I can go as long as people need me
  • Your first time will mostly be social and getting paper templates cut and sized.  Don't be disappointed, this is not a one-day project.
  •   It is possible that you might get drafted to help someone who is further along if you don't look busy.  Feel free to say no, that's totally fine.
  • I can supply tools and templates and paper, but materials are on you.   You can get a full sheet of 6mm Sintra for about $120 from Industrial Paints and Plastics and that is usually enough to make two or three kits, so pair up and split a sheet.  I suggest light grey as it looks closest to silver/metal if it gets chipped after painting, but black and white are also decent options.  As mentioned above, you won't likely need it the first time.
    Extra scissors and tape would be appreciated given the number of people this time.
  • Bring a snack to share.  A bag of chips or cookies or some pop or timbits or whatever
  • if people want, I can bring the BBQ down.  There is a Walmart right next door we can hit for hotdogs or burgers

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2018, 06:13 PM by Zophar Ptay » Logged
Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

paradoxdj

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #152 on: Aug 20, 2018, 06:10 PM »
I'll be there to help out but i'll have nothing of my own to work on.

Also a note on getting sintra. You can get it at half that price at Sabic Polymershapes in Burnaby. Just call ahead and make an order, they carry a bunch of different materials. Don't be intimidated that they're a warehouse, they'll still sell to you same as they sell to any business.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #153 on: Aug 23, 2018, 02:26 PM »
Hey folks, I'm going to push the usual start time back a bit, come by any time after 2.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
« Reply #154 on: Aug 24, 2018, 12:59 AM »
I'll be there after work, about 530? I'll be there to help anyone in need!

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78

JangoFett_BH01

• Merc fo' Life!
Re: Next Mainland Armour Party - TBA
« Reply #155 on: Jun 10, 2019, 02:28 PM »
when is the next armour party taking place?  I'm kinda tempted to host a few myself. 

Mess with the MERC,
you fight the clan!

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Re: Next Mainland Armour Party - TBA
« Reply #156 on: Nov 26, 2019, 02:55 PM »
Hi there all, we are going to be holding an armour party in Burnaby near Deer Lake Park, on Saturday the 30th at noon, going till roughly 930 PM. Send me a PM to get the address. Snacks are always welcome. We will be watching the new Mandalorian episode 🙂

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!