Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

3D printed Pre Vizsla style helmet WIP (with pictures)

• 96 Replies

wmmbuzzkill

• Awards 40% increase or more Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: 3D printed Pre Vizsla style helmet WIP (with pictures)
« Reply #90 on: Jan 29, 2016, 08:41 PM »
Somewhat sad but not moment... I've decided I'm going to sand down all the paint and restart the pain on the helmet! I'm going to be doing nearly the same scheme, but this time I'm going to be doing the masking method for battle damage. I wasn't happy with how my method turned out. On top of that I hope to get some more designing on the ears done so they can be redone, printed, and painted at the same time so they will match the helmet properly.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #91 on: Jan 29, 2016, 09:38 PM »
All in the name of progress Vod!

QMU#084

wmmbuzzkill

• Awards 40% increase or more Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #92 on: Jan 30, 2016, 03:34 PM »
Back to square zero, gave er the old metallic finish... now to fet those ears done..

wmmbuzzkill

« Reply #93 on: Jan 31, 2016, 11:47 PM »
Got the first few stages (V2) of painting and weathering done today! Gotta say it's starting to finally come together...

Metallic with black overspray

Back to the green and red! unmasked!

Pulse

« Reply #94 on: Feb 01, 2016, 01:54 AM »
Love it! Looks great!

Mando WIPs - Armor | Helmet | Soft
Vornskr Clan | MMCC #....

wmmbuzzkill

« Reply #95 on: Feb 01, 2016, 08:39 PM »
I THINK, the painting process is done! Might add some more hand painted details and markings here and there, but I think it is worthy!

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2016, 08:43 PM by wmmbuzzkill » Logged

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #96 on: Feb 01, 2016, 10:46 PM »
Very nice Vod!

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!