Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Skyarrows bucket builds

• 39 Replies
Re: Skyarrows bucket builds
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2015, 10:08 PM »
Hopfully il get some more time this week to work on it some more :)

« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2015, 10:51 AM »
Managed to cut the  cheeks out before work :) hopefully i can cut to cheek plates and glue them in by this weekend

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2015, 10:55 AM by skyarrow » Logged

R Dano Cammino

• Shock Infantry HW m.a.b.e.l 053 mma0024 cat 0445
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 2015, 12:49 PM »
its coming along nice .

Bomer Fett

• Adapt and overcome
« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2015, 02:15 PM »
Looks like it is coming along very well. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

« Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2015, 01:25 PM »
Glued the cheeks in yesterday :)

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #20 on: Feb 23, 2015, 11:03 AM »
looking good!

« Reply #21 on: Mar 12, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Im still hanging in there :) here is my latest progress  im going for a brow accent in the top sides :) and iv also finally bindoed it :) il get to sanding this evening or this weekend depending in my work :).
 Ohhh and a cool trick i used to countersink the screws was to get a grinding stone with my dremmel and start grinding the top of the clscrew down it will eventually get hot and tue bucket will stert to melt around the clacerw head ;). Pay close attention that you dont ge tit to hot it melts all  the way through :)

« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2015, 03:57 PM »
Got some sanding done today :) let me k ow what yall think of my brow to side designe i wanted something a little different. Its still the classic T but with a different brow ;)

« Reply #23 on: Apr 17, 2015, 10:25 AM »
Sorry its been awhile since i posted my progress. Here is  where im at atm. I primed it and then adjusted my weathering i did with tue dremmel by using plastiwood filler which hardens like bondo without the mixing ;). Once that was to my liking i primed it again with a fe wcoats and the hit it with the undercoat of metalic ;) its been raining alot so i have not had time to add my final coats of paint and do the weathering and blast marks :)

There are alot of weathering marks as you can tell i want this to look loke its been through a battle and then some

« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2016, 11:37 AM »
Sorry i have not been active lately life decided to drop a load of bantha fodder on me and had to step away for awhile :( i still have not decided on colors for my helmet?

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #25 on: Jan 25, 2016, 12:23 PM »
That's okay Vod Life does that to us all at some point. What are your favorite colors/ colors of the area your Mando is from and your Mandos heritage. Those might help get you set for color.

QMU#084
« Reply #26 on: Jan 25, 2016, 01:22 PM »
That's okay Vod Life does that to us all at some point. What are your favorite colors/ colors of the area your Mando is from and your Mandos heritage. Those might help get you set for color.
well my favorite color is green and i love earth tones im still developing me characters story but ultimately im shooting for beast hunter brigade  so definitely green for sure now what shade/shades idk yet  and the  buckskin color looks well with most greens :)

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Jan 25, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Greens are good! I'd say mix it up a little and try a couple greens. Browns and reds also lend well to a green base.

QMU#084
« Reply #28 on: Jan 25, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Well i started adding some claw marks and also bite marks with my flexcut carving knife :) next ill reprime and then base coat over tue primer by that tim i will have decided on my colors and will start the weathering process

« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2016, 09:05 AM »
Looks like the weathering started early haha i was applying a coat of base color and it started the sprinkle a little :) it will add a nice effect in the end :) you can see the water droplets in the pic below.

I will be close to town today so i will be able to pickup the rest of my paint and then wait for the weather to clear up before i weather and paint my bucket !!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!