Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Skyarrows bucket builds

• 39 Replies
Skyarrows bucket builds
« on: Jan 26, 2015, 11:26 AM »
Time to start on my first bucket :) since i am a water well driller by trade i have acess to some old retired hardhats iv decided to use the bucket from buckets build instructions :) here are some of my hard hat options besides my goal to become official i want my first to be a beast hunter style and i was  thinking  of using the hardhat that we had on our shooting range with all the holes in it to be bite marks from large beasts. If it is allowed of corse???  if not i can save that hard hat for a future build but i have a weathered hat  that has cracks all in it and two full brim ones that i had ot retire since hardhats have a experation dates

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Skyarrows bucket builds
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2015, 01:23 PM »
I don't think there would be any issue with using the shot up hard hat as a helmet dome. Only difficulty would be you would have to damage the rest of the helmet to match the existing holes and then that would start to look quite odd I think. I'd start with one of the full brimmed that are in better condition to start your build with though. It will be easier to work with and gain you some needed experience before tackling something that's so heavily battered. Just my two cents  ;D

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2015, 02:36 PM »
I don't think there would be any issue with using the shot up hard hat as a helmet dome. Only difficulty would be you would have to damage the rest of the helmet to match the existing holes and then that would start to look quite odd I think. I'd start with one of the full brimmed that are in better condition to start your build with though. It will be easier to work with and gain you some needed experience before tackling something that's so heavily battered. Just my two cents  ;D
Now i'm not disagreeing with you but when my dog gets a hold on something she can't fit in her mouth she'll always chew on the round part of it, which is also why all my bowls are now Tupperware

Failure is never an option. You call it version 1 instead and when all else fails blame Jar Jar

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:05 PM »
The shot up one would have to be filled in since Beskar'gam (Mandalorian armor made from Mandalorian Iron) is pretty much impervious to things like blasters and bullets and light sabers. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2015, 05:08 PM »
The shot up one would have to be filled in since Beskar'gam (Mandalorian armor made from Mandalorian Iron) is pretty much impervious to things like blasters and bullets and light sabers.

alot of mando armor was made from duraplast also which was not as strong as beskar so it could be punctured. Even boba's armor was duraplast and not beskar so it is plausible if "made from duraplast" a really large beast can puncture the helmet and armor say a rancor or something similar

« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2015, 09:57 AM »
My goal for this week is to cut all my pieces out iv been working out of town since oct 2014 so im away from my main tools and workstation. I have about three more weeks of being away from home. Its all baby steps ;) i think i can have this helmet finished in about a month its very similer to other builds iv done for my cosplay costumes of the past :)

« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:24 AM »
I made some progress after work yesterday :) the patteren is cut out and taped togeather and i trimmed the hard hats brin off and also divised a plan to modify the hard hats liner so it  still can be used  ;). Iv noticed one if the templets printed out wrong so il be adjusting either the i side surface or the outside surface. Next step is to adjust the templates size and modify the helmet liner. On the helmet liner all that is required is to flip the mounting points in and reattatch the adjusting sliders and cut the two straps and sew in some extra rubbin/webbing to make it fit properly again. Once the proper height is achieved il then know how much ribben to sew in. Any ways here are some pics i know its not perfectly aligned with the center of the hard hat it was on there to help me figure out the liners adjustments il properly aligne it all when i cut the buckets ;)

« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2015, 10:21 AM »
Here is what the liner mount looks like before it is flipped to lower it in

« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2015, 09:48 PM »
Still making progress! :) i am still figuring out the proper length im going for about 2 fingers below the chin :) i still have about 3/4 to remove

Slowy getting there once the height is figured out il screw it on and start on the cheeks ;) and front T

Drako Katora

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2015, 03:38 AM »
when figuring out bucket height remember to take into account that you will have padding that makes it sit higher on your head. I cut mine too short and have had a hell of a time extending it back down.

« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2015, 07:45 PM »
No need for padding iv modified the oroginal liner to sit lower :)

« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2015, 11:59 AM »
Slowly making progress im still shuffuling  working out of town and home so my free time is non atm but im still at it i finished  my T visor template hopfully soon i can cut it out 

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2015, 12:26 PM »
That's coming along very nicely Vod. Can't wait to see the direction you take this in.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Greetings all im still alive haha were finally fonkshing up this out of town job . I cant wait to be home soni can continue my build :)

« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2015, 10:08 PM »
Hopfully il get some more time this week to work on it some more :)

« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2015, 10:51 AM »
Managed to cut the  cheeks out before work :) hopefully i can cut to cheek plates and glue them in by this weekend

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2015, 10:55 AM by skyarrow » Logged

R Dano Cammino

• Shock Infantry HW m.a.b.e.l 053 mma0024 cat 0445
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 2015, 12:49 PM »
its coming along nice .

Bomer Fett

• Adapt and overcome
« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2015, 02:15 PM »
Looks like it is coming along very well. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

« Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2015, 01:25 PM »
Glued the cheeks in yesterday :)

Drako Katora

« Reply #20 on: Feb 23, 2015, 11:03 AM »
looking good!

« Reply #21 on: Mar 12, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Im still hanging in there :) here is my latest progress  im going for a brow accent in the top sides :) and iv also finally bindoed it :) il get to sanding this evening or this weekend depending in my work :).
 Ohhh and a cool trick i used to countersink the screws was to get a grinding stone with my dremmel and start grinding the top of the clscrew down it will eventually get hot and tue bucket will stert to melt around the clacerw head ;). Pay close attention that you dont ge tit to hot it melts all  the way through :)

« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2015, 03:57 PM »
Got some sanding done today :) let me k ow what yall think of my brow to side designe i wanted something a little different. Its still the classic T but with a different brow ;)

« Reply #23 on: Apr 17, 2015, 10:25 AM »
Sorry its been awhile since i posted my progress. Here is  where im at atm. I primed it and then adjusted my weathering i did with tue dremmel by using plastiwood filler which hardens like bondo without the mixing ;). Once that was to my liking i primed it again with a fe wcoats and the hit it with the undercoat of metalic ;) its been raining alot so i have not had time to add my final coats of paint and do the weathering and blast marks :)

There are alot of weathering marks as you can tell i want this to look loke its been through a battle and then some

« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2016, 11:37 AM »
Sorry i have not been active lately life decided to drop a load of bantha fodder on me and had to step away for awhile :( i still have not decided on colors for my helmet?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!