Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Skyarrows bucket builds

• 39 Replies
Skyarrows bucket builds
« on: Jan 26, 2015, 11:26 AM »
Time to start on my first bucket :) since i am a water well driller by trade i have acess to some old retired hardhats iv decided to use the bucket from buckets build instructions :) here are some of my hard hat options besides my goal to become official i want my first to be a beast hunter style and i was  thinking  of using the hardhat that we had on our shooting range with all the holes in it to be bite marks from large beasts. If it is allowed of corse???  if not i can save that hard hat for a future build but i have a weathered hat  that has cracks all in it and two full brim ones that i had ot retire since hardhats have a experation dates

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Skyarrows bucket builds
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2015, 01:23 PM »
I don't think there would be any issue with using the shot up hard hat as a helmet dome. Only difficulty would be you would have to damage the rest of the helmet to match the existing holes and then that would start to look quite odd I think. I'd start with one of the full brimmed that are in better condition to start your build with though. It will be easier to work with and gain you some needed experience before tackling something that's so heavily battered. Just my two cents  ;D

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2015, 02:36 PM »
I don't think there would be any issue with using the shot up hard hat as a helmet dome. Only difficulty would be you would have to damage the rest of the helmet to match the existing holes and then that would start to look quite odd I think. I'd start with one of the full brimmed that are in better condition to start your build with though. It will be easier to work with and gain you some needed experience before tackling something that's so heavily battered. Just my two cents  ;D
Now i'm not disagreeing with you but when my dog gets a hold on something she can't fit in her mouth she'll always chew on the round part of it, which is also why all my bowls are now Tupperware

Failure is never an option. You call it version 1 instead and when all else fails blame Jar Jar

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:05 PM »
The shot up one would have to be filled in since Beskar'gam (Mandalorian armor made from Mandalorian Iron) is pretty much impervious to things like blasters and bullets and light sabers. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2015, 05:08 PM »
The shot up one would have to be filled in since Beskar'gam (Mandalorian armor made from Mandalorian Iron) is pretty much impervious to things like blasters and bullets and light sabers.

alot of mando armor was made from duraplast also which was not as strong as beskar so it could be punctured. Even boba's armor was duraplast and not beskar so it is plausible if "made from duraplast" a really large beast can puncture the helmet and armor say a rancor or something similar

« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2015, 09:57 AM »
My goal for this week is to cut all my pieces out iv been working out of town since oct 2014 so im away from my main tools and workstation. I have about three more weeks of being away from home. Its all baby steps ;) i think i can have this helmet finished in about a month its very similer to other builds iv done for my cosplay costumes of the past :)

« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:24 AM »
I made some progress after work yesterday :) the patteren is cut out and taped togeather and i trimmed the hard hats brin off and also divised a plan to modify the hard hats liner so it  still can be used  ;). Iv noticed one if the templets printed out wrong so il be adjusting either the i side surface or the outside surface. Next step is to adjust the templates size and modify the helmet liner. On the helmet liner all that is required is to flip the mounting points in and reattatch the adjusting sliders and cut the two straps and sew in some extra rubbin/webbing to make it fit properly again. Once the proper height is achieved il then know how much ribben to sew in. Any ways here are some pics i know its not perfectly aligned with the center of the hard hat it was on there to help me figure out the liners adjustments il properly aligne it all when i cut the buckets ;)

« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2015, 10:21 AM »
Here is what the liner mount looks like before it is flipped to lower it in

« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2015, 09:48 PM »
Still making progress! :) i am still figuring out the proper length im going for about 2 fingers below the chin :) i still have about 3/4 to remove

Slowy getting there once the height is figured out il screw it on and start on the cheeks ;) and front T

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2015, 03:38 AM »
when figuring out bucket height remember to take into account that you will have padding that makes it sit higher on your head. I cut mine too short and have had a hell of a time extending it back down.

« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2015, 07:45 PM »
No need for padding iv modified the oroginal liner to sit lower :)

« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2015, 11:59 AM »
Slowly making progress im still shuffuling  working out of town and home so my free time is non atm but im still at it i finished  my T visor template hopfully soon i can cut it out 

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2015, 12:26 PM »
That's coming along very nicely Vod. Can't wait to see the direction you take this in.

QMU#084
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Greetings all im still alive haha were finally fonkshing up this out of town job . I cant wait to be home soni can continue my build :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!