Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Skyarrows bucket builds

• 39 Replies

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Skyarrows bucket builds
« Reply #25 on: Jan 25, 2016, 12:23 PM »
That's okay Vod Life does that to us all at some point. What are your favorite colors/ colors of the area your Mando is from and your Mandos heritage. Those might help get you set for color.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #26 on: Jan 25, 2016, 01:22 PM »
That's okay Vod Life does that to us all at some point. What are your favorite colors/ colors of the area your Mando is from and your Mandos heritage. Those might help get you set for color.
well my favorite color is green and i love earth tones im still developing me characters story but ultimately im shooting for beast hunter brigade  so definitely green for sure now what shade/shades idk yet  and the  buckskin color looks well with most greens :)

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Jan 25, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Greens are good! I'd say mix it up a little and try a couple greens. Browns and reds also lend well to a green base.

QMU#084
« Reply #28 on: Jan 25, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Well i started adding some claw marks and also bite marks with my flexcut carving knife :) next ill reprime and then base coat over tue primer by that tim i will have decided on my colors and will start the weathering process

« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2016, 09:05 AM »
Looks like the weathering started early haha i was applying a coat of base color and it started the sprinkle a little :) it will add a nice effect in the end :) you can see the water droplets in the pic below.

I will be close to town today so i will be able to pickup the rest of my paint and then wait for the weather to clear up before i weather and paint my bucket !!

« Reply #30 on: Jan 26, 2016, 02:18 PM »
Finally picked some colors out :)

Bowfanny

« Reply #31 on: Jan 26, 2016, 05:42 PM »
Good colors!

QMU#084
« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2016, 06:50 PM »
It seems photobucket is in the fritz!!! It uploades multiple copies of the same pic ?? So im testing out another sharing program lets see if it works

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2016, 07:08 PM by skyarrow » Logged
« Reply #33 on: Jan 26, 2016, 07:10 PM »
Looks like im stuck with photobucket till i can find a backup way to upload pics from my iphone?? I tried a few others but the  links are not working ??? Hopfully photobucket solves there issues soon im tired of uploading multiples of the same pic sigh.....

« Reply #34 on: Jan 26, 2016, 07:14 PM »
Anyways the above pic is base coat color 2 im wanting a 2tone base olors for my weathering before i add my other top coats :) i use dtwo different versions of paste one toohthpast and two mustard to give two different effects from the different viscosity:) after the red dries I will do a salt weathering effect!!! Using seasalt to add microchiping like they do for model tanks ect.... 

Bowfanny

« Reply #35 on: Jan 26, 2016, 08:52 PM »
Download the Photobucket app Vod. It's much faster and simpler to copy and add multiple photos to posts with the app. It's one click copy and then you do the past like you would anyway.

QMU#084
« Reply #36 on: Jan 26, 2016, 09:44 PM »
I have been using the app for almost 7yrs now but its been uploading multiples of the same pic for the past few days :( and the computer site is all glitvhy also idk whats going on with it??

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2016, 10:28 PM by skyarrow » Logged

Bowfanny

« Reply #37 on: Jan 26, 2016, 11:27 PM »
It takes forever to load things for me. But I've got close to 2000 photos on there.

QMU#084

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2016, 06:31 PM »
That's a lot of different paint colors  :laugh:

« Reply #39 on: Feb 02, 2016, 09:14 AM »
Made alot of progress this past weekend!! I am still deciding on how i want to do the face color accents but the skull cap colors are finished and most of the weatherng marks are revealed on the cap wht sides and face weathering is still painted over till i do the final colors :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!