Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dee Ca'tra -- Mando Mechanic

• 67 Replies

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards 150 troops Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
Re: Dee Ca'tra -- Mando Mechanic
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2015, 04:23 PM »
Hey, that's MY blue! 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2015, 11:33 AM »
Little bit more progress.

I've chromed the shoulder bells since this photo and have started taping off the plates for the design. I went in a different direction for the design and decided not to do a border around the plates. It's too plain! Hoping to have more progress tonight.

I've also started to work on my carbine. I bondoed the screws and have to sand them down now. Then it'll be ready for paint! My vest has also been ordered. Attachment method I think I'm gonna go with screws or snaps. Screws seem a little bit easier in theory, but snaps may be more secure. I've started cutting out sintra for my gauntlets. I'll post progress pics later today.

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 07, 2015, 09:52 PM »
Love the purple! Keep it up!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2015, 11:58 PM »
So pretty!  The purple you chose is super nice

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

corriban

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2015, 07:20 AM »
Got the chrome design on last night and I think it looks really good! Not sure if I'm gonna continue the pattern down to my knee plates or not, but for the most part the purple is ready for black/brown wash. The shoulder bells I'm gonna do some sort of purple design. Maybe not matching what's on the chest plates, perhaps a sigil of some sort.

Gonna work on sanding the bondo on my gun today and get cracking on doing what I need to do for my tools and pouch.

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2015, 08:25 AM »
This is brilliant! And not only because it's chrome :p

I love it.

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

corriban

« Reply #21 on: Apr 12, 2015, 11:15 AM »
I got more work done!

Helmet is primed and ready for weathering.

Gun is primed, black, and ready for the gun metal coat and wood grain on the stock. Here's a fun before and after:

Before

After

I also made headway on my tools. They need their final touches before I feel comfortable posting up pictures. I do have a question for anyone with any insight: my tool pouch has a logo on it that's been embroidered into the fabric and it's almost impossible to get it off. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cover it? maybe just attach a new piece of fabric over the whole section and sew it into place? Any help is appreciated!

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2015, 11:18 AM by corriban » Logged

corriban

« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2015, 11:11 AM »
Double update (sorta)

Finished my carbine last night and my tools this morning. Still trying to figure out what to do about my pouch. I was going to work on my helmet today after work but it's raining today so I may switch over to working on my gauntlets. I'm attempting to make them myself out of sintra using my other kits gaunts as a guide. We'll see how they turn out!

Onto the pictures!

Thoughts? Critiques?

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2015, 01:42 PM by corriban » Logged

Thea Ri

• Master at procrastination.
« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2015, 02:05 PM »
Looks awesome so far! :D

"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #24 on: Apr 14, 2015, 04:57 PM »
How did you do the woodgrain?! :o

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

corriban

« Reply #25 on: Apr 14, 2015, 06:28 PM »
How did you do the woodgrain?! :o

Hehe, it was a fluke really. I took brown and black acrylic paint and mixed it together. Then I took a sponge and splotched it on and then wiped it with a paper towel. I just kept doing that until it was covered and streaking the way I wanted it to :)

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #26 on: Apr 14, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Wow! I wouldn't have thought of that :rolleyes: I'll have to remember that in case I need to do something similar :) It looks so real! 8)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #27 on: Apr 14, 2015, 07:25 PM »
This is coming along great!  Do you want to have a holster for the E-33?  I figured out how to make one that works pretty good without being bulky.

corriban

« Reply #28 on: Apr 15, 2015, 11:04 AM »
This is coming along great!  Do you want to have a holster for the E-33?  I figured out how to make one that works pretty good without being bulky.

Ooohh do you have any pictures? Right now I've got D-rings attached and am using a leather strap to sling it around my shoulders for easy access.

corriban

« Reply #29 on: Apr 17, 2015, 07:48 AM »
Started work on my gauntlets yesterday! They are more like vambraces, they don't fully wrap, only about 3/4 around. I like them because I have more movement. I plan on putting a few greeblies on them.

I also got my knees finished with their attachments. Simple velcro and elastic.

The helmet got a lot of work yesterday and by nights end it was black/brown washed. Didn't get a picture of it, unfortunately. All that's left is to get the visor and padding installed.

And here's the kit laid out with everything.

To Do: (in no particular order)
Helmet padding/visor
Dirty vest
Attach screws to plates & put on vest
Finish gauntlets
Hide pouch logo
Create Boba thong for cod
Black and brown wash plates

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!