Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Opion on Potential Crushgaunts

• 16 Replies

Ziike

• If you run, you'll only die tired.
Opion on Potential Crushgaunts
« on: Feb 03, 2015, 10:59 AM »
I'm not real sure what qualifies as "crushgaunts." Would these work? I saw a pair at a motorcycle show over the weekend. They were $65 there, found them online for $45 today. I ride, so I'd wear them riding too. If I can use them as crushgaunts I get more bang for my buck.

Gel'ren Drask

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: Opion on Potential Crushgaunts
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:08 AM »
I wear something very similar, just without the shiny bits.   Just ensure that the logos are removed/not visible.

Gel'ren "Mercelangelo" Drask Firestorm Clan
E.M.T.S #40
B.E.A.R.D.S #23

Ziike

« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:09 AM »
That's what I liked most about this pair, there were no visible logos.

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2015, 02:29 PM »
You might want to tone it down a bit. It a bit flashy at the moment. Other then that, I think it has plenty of potential.

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2015, 03:14 PM »
I've seen a lot of these used as crushgaunts. Just need to beat them up a bit. Take 'em out and try beated down a brick wall. Will weather them nicely.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Weather it up, take the shine off the metal, and you'll be good to go.

Ziike

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2015, 01:30 PM »
One of the many ideas I have for them involves a lot of scratches and what will look like dried blood.

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2015, 03:44 PM »
One of the many ideas I have for them involves a lot of scratches and what will look like dried blood.

Scratches-yes. However, CRL's do have rules against "gore". So, instead of "dried blood", go with carbon scoring.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Ziike

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2015, 04:54 PM »
Scratches-yes. However, CRL's do have rules against "gore". So, instead of "dried blood", go with carbon scoring.

How boring. I thought this was a group for grownups. I can see no guts or being covered in it. But, a little here there shouldn't be an issue. Mandos are killers after all. Guess I'll just paint them to match my armor or something.

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2015, 04:58 PM »
How boring. I thought this was a group for grownups. I can see no guts or being covered in it. But, a little here there shouldn't be an issue. Mandos are killers after all. Guess I'll just paint them to match my armor or something.

We're also work very closely with children.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2015, 09:51 AM »

While it is a club for grownups, we also have to follow the rules and advice of LucasFilm/Disney.

Lucasfilm's general rule of thumb

We are very fortunate in that LFL feel that the Mercs are able to run the club how we see fit, however, they have offered the following important points:

1. Star Wars should always be a positive experience for people.
2. Children should always be taken into account.
3. No blood or gore costumes.
4. No costumes or activity that promote adult behaviour, vices or illegal activity of any kind.

« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2015, 09:54 AM by Jaing Garr » Logged

Ziike

« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2015, 01:02 PM »
4. No costumes or activity that promote adult behaviour, vices or illegal activity of any kind.

We're off topic and I don't want to start an argument, but SWTOR has a LOT of adult behavior and outfits! So, coming from LFL I find that funny.

But, hey, rules are rules, I'll do something else with them. No big deal.

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2015, 01:15 PM »
We're off topic and I don't want to start an argument, but SWTOR has a LOT of adult behavior and outfits! So, coming from LFL I find that funny.

But, hey, rules are rules, I'll do something else with them. No big deal.

Lol, I won't disagree with that at all. These items came down after the Disney takeover of LFL so its more disney than LFL.

Regardless, those will make good crushgaunts. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2015, 01:39 PM »
they look like great gaunts.  Any chance for a link for like minded Mandos?  As for the blood, another thing to consider is that in the screen Canon references you dont see blood.  It is difficult to set a limit on this much is ok, but that much is too much which is subjective even if there was some allowance.  It is better to ground it in what was on screen and to not have any at all which is good regardless of the Disney or LFL policy. 
Believe me, I would love to add some gore to my kit but then i wouldnt get those smiling faces from the kids at events, we are scary and intimidating as it is. 

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood.

Saen Mavarre

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2015, 04:39 PM »
Made by Excalibur. found mine for 55 on amazon. What are you doing about the horrible yellow stitching?

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2015, 04:45 PM »
If they are dark, it would be no issue just to sharpie it.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!