Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Knee Modification

• 6 Replies

Bare Col'Mera

• "BAH-reh"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Knee Modification
« on: Feb 23, 2015, 11:45 AM »
I do not have an approval-ready kit, and one of the biggest weaknesses in my current setup is my knee pads.  I made a workable interim set from a pair of cheap foam construction worker kneepads and velcroed my plates to them for a Halloween party last year, but they obviously aren't a permanent solution.

The current setup:

How they look being worn:

From the back:

Known issues:
Strap visible
Visible foam pad and logo

So, my question is:  Is there a way to modify this current setup to be acceptable?  Or will i have to start from scratch?  If so, what do y'all suggest?

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Knee Modification
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2015, 01:24 PM »
Perhaps removing the knee cops from the pads and mounting them directly to your flightsuit.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2015, 09:18 PM »
The straps being visible is fine, it's one of two places elastic doesn't have to be hidden. If you cut down the foam so it can't be seen behind the armor plate, then you're good to go.

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2015, 02:13 AM »
^^^  What Ralin said.  Just trim off the excess and you're good.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59
« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2021, 05:25 PM »
paint color? trying to find something similar.

Bare Col'Mera

• "BAH-reh"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2021, 09:17 AM »
paint color? trying to find something similar.

This is Krylon Georgia Clay. Unfortunately, they stopped producing this color years ago, so I'm actually in the process of making a new kid with a different color. Which is a shame, because I love the faded terracotta look of this color.

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2021, 11:27 AM »
This is Krylon Georgia Clay. Unfortunately, they stopped producing this color years ago, so I'm actually in the process of making a new kid with a different color. Which is a shame, because I love the faded terracotta look of this color.

You might be able to find the RGB color formula and track down a close color relative, or see if Krylon or someone else is selling the same thing under a different name - seems like paint companies will re-name colors and sell them as new. A quick google-ing got me this:

Name # Georgia Clay
  Product # 3656
  HTML # 7D3B3C
  CMYK # 36, 80, 67, 33
  RGB # 125, 59, 60

Source:  http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Enamel/Krylon/Spray/Georgia-Clay/Georgia-Clay.html
But can't be sure without having a can of the discontinued paint to check the product number.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!