Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

CrazyD's First WOF build WIP

• 42 Replies

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: CrazyD's First WOF build WIP
« Reply #25 on: Aug 24, 2015, 06:06 PM »
Looking good so far. Don't forget to add the smaller scratches and scrapes once the final layer is one. And also edges may be scraped and chipped easier then recessed areas. The blaster scorches look good though, the 3D damage looks fine to me.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Markonnen

• Tion'ad hukaat'kama?
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Aug 24, 2015, 06:57 PM »
Don't forget to dirty it up...lots and lots of grime! Hehe.

Markonnen OM #1486

MMRS #007; Draluram #015;
MARS #051; AWOO #019

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #27 on: Aug 25, 2015, 10:39 AM »
Such an awesome scratch build.  Great work Vod!!  I love the battle scars and weathering.  I'll echo what other said, and say all it needs now is some dirt!!  :)

« Reply #28 on: Aug 25, 2015, 03:45 PM »
Thank you for the advice, not finished yet! Need to add brown and a blue for other designs, I just did a beige as a base coat almost like a "primer" if you will.

Something like this anyway:

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #30 on: Aug 27, 2015, 07:32 AM »
Nice build! I'd say go with the Jaig eyes, but I'm biased  :D

OM# 1621
"Gar taldin ni jaonyc gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la."
"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be."
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #31 on: Aug 28, 2015, 02:09 PM »
The Jaig eyes could work, it might just be me but I might space them out more so their completely outside of the blue line, but that'd be my personal preference.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Markonnen

• Tion'ad hukaat'kama?
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Sep 03, 2015, 12:15 PM »
Now you need dirt!! Lots and lots of dirt... so dirty dirt dirt dirty that it looks dirty... Black wash, powders, real dirt, mud, sludge, muck, sand, sweat...

Yes I love weathering...

Marko.

Markonnen OM #1486

MMRS #007; Draluram #015;
MARS #051; AWOO #019

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #34 on: Sep 03, 2015, 02:10 PM »
and scratches and scuffs so that the blackwash has somewhere to settle

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #35 on: Sep 03, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Now you need dirt!! Lots and lots of dirt... so dirty dirt dirt dirty that it looks dirty... Black wash, powders, real dirt, mud, sludge, muck, sand, sweat...

Yes I love weathering...

Marko.

I'm a little worried about the washes, for some reason the beige coloured paint was textured, even though it isn't mentioned on the can anywhere, so when I go over with a wash, it might just stay in all  sandy areas. Should I go over with a varnish to flatten it out a little then re varnish again? The brown and blue are fine, they sprayed over the beige texture to get it smoother.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #36 on: Sep 03, 2015, 05:08 PM »
I have lacquered, blackwashed then lacquered again without any problems (admittedly I did that because I was an idiot who forgot the dirt weathering stage...) but that may smooth it out so that if you then scuff the lacquer/varnish the dirt from the blackwash will settle where you want it instead of showing off the texture you dont want.

« Reply #37 on: Sep 08, 2015, 11:30 AM »
Weathering ahoy! A mixture of acrylic black and brown wash, sponge, paper towels, lighters, matte black wall paint and sanding. I also worked on my visor, I managed to get some acrylic and I have formed it to a nice curve but for the life of me I can't get window tint to stick to it. I tried the underwater method but I really don't see how that works either.

« Reply #38 on: Sep 19, 2015, 09:41 AM »
Progress but not really, cut out the visor but trying to find a way of mounting it so I can remove the visor if I needed to. Feeling very jealous of the Americans and their plefora of bolts and nuts variety.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #39 on: Sep 19, 2015, 10:24 AM »
Amazon.com my friend you might be able to get the aluminum screw posts(Chicago screws) they have bags of 100 for fairly inexpensive

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #40 on: Sep 19, 2015, 11:04 AM »
Amazon.com my friend you might be able to get the aluminum screw posts(Chicago screws) they have bags of 100 for fairly inexpensive

my savior! BUT! not so popular in the UK so they are actually quite expensive.

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #41 on: Sep 19, 2015, 11:25 AM »
Binding screws are the proper english name for what our colonial cousins call chicago screws, they're what i used in my buid.

OM# 1621
"Gar taldin ni jaonyc gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la."
"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be."
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP
« Reply #42 on: Sep 19, 2015, 03:56 PM »
Binding screws are the proper english name for what our colonial cousins call chicago screws, they're what i used in my buid.

Found some, need to find some rubber washers with a 5mm inner diameter. Might be able to use them for the armour too.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!