Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

DVH Scratch build of a Boba Fett/Mando Jetpack

• 27 Replies
Re: DVH Scratch build of a Boba Fett/Mando Jetpack
« Reply #15 on: Jun 21, 2015, 03:27 PM »
So i also want to add that because i want to build a personal/original mando as well as my ESB and ROTJ Fetts, I plan to make the arena style parts as well as some different styled rocket/thruster parts that will be fully interchangeable to create some intersting mix n match styles that i think will lend itself well to the mercs :)

So once this is all done and i have my pack for my ESB Fett, im going to work on the custom designs :)

SevenCatStudios
« Reply #16 on: Jul 11, 2015, 12:12 AM »
Ok so been working on this in between paint layers on helmet commissions....Here is some work on the lower tank cap master...

Here is the resin ball i carved the details into attached to  a cone covered in bondo lol. The cone was a cast of a plastic champagne glass..i didnt like the shape so i added bondo to it to make it a bit wider on the bottom. Im pretty happy with it now.

I got a casting out of the mold for the main body and have been tweaking it up..sharpening corners and straightening things out. The main body is near done.

Here is a shot with the rocket ring and the lower part of the rocket sitting in place., along wiht the top cap and the thruster sitting on a spray paint cap to get it around the proper ehight. The lower rocket is still the solo cup master..i need to mold it and cast one and take about 1/2" off the top still.

here is a halfast assembly. The upper rocket isnt all the way through the collar (which is an old resin MOW collar just for this mock up) as the lower rocket is still the cup and has no hole in it.  I just wanted to get a feel for what it will look like togther...so far..im pretty happy with it.

SevenCatStudios

Dynas

• "You can run,but you'll only die tired." Boba Fett
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #17 on: Jul 27, 2015, 10:52 AM »
Looking good. How heavy is this thing?

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Career Invasions: 13

OM #874     M.A.N.T.A.     M.A.B.E.L #44

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #18 on: Jul 27, 2015, 11:24 AM »
wow saw you start this on TDH but wow absolutely stella job. :o

« Reply #19 on: Jul 27, 2015, 11:33 AM »
thanks guys :)

Well im not going to have an accurate weight for the usable piece until after i mold this again and cast one in fiberglass.

What your looking at in the last bunch of pics here is a cleaned up and tweaked, super thick resin slush cast, which was done like that intentionally for the sole purpose of further fine tuning. You can only do so much with foamboard and bondo lol. THIS will be the master i make the molds from for the usable pack. This one also is full open back. I need to mold the foambard pack's back panel to make the back for this still.

That said THIS particular one is fairly heavy as i had to add the proper slant to the bottom of the pack...which is all bondo and starts fiarly thin towards the front of the pack, but once it gets to the back of the pack its almost an inch thick.

SevenCatStudios

3mandos

• "Kebii'tra Verd" #2179
« Reply #20 on: Aug 08, 2015, 10:16 AM »
love this build!

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Aug 09, 2015, 04:53 PM »
Coming along nicely vod.

« Reply #22 on: Aug 09, 2015, 05:49 PM »
thanks guys :) Its taking longer than i wanted due to toher commitments but im hoping to have this doen fro NYCC in October so i can get to trooping my Fett again!

SevenCatStudios

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Aug 09, 2015, 11:21 PM »
Don't worry about the timing. I started my jet pack build over 2 years ago and I'm just now coming up on my first round of primer... man I should get back to work  :P

« Reply #24 on: Aug 15, 2015, 12:55 PM »
Hello,

Awesome build. May I ask were you got the plans from?

Thanks,Daren 8)

« Reply #25 on: Aug 15, 2015, 01:07 PM »
Hello,

Awesome build. May I ask were you got the plans from?

Thanks,Daren 8)

I got them from here:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/studio-scale-15-jet-pack-patterns-7559/

Keep in mind it is slightly undersized. I tried my best to explain how i sized the templates up without losing any of the pattern in the first post in this thread. Its a bit of a pain, but you'll likely only need to do it once :)

SevenCatStudios
« Reply #26 on: Aug 15, 2015, 10:54 PM »
Thanks for the link.Was it a pain to print the pattern out?

« Reply #27 on: Aug 15, 2015, 11:16 PM »
Not really..it was a pain to resize them bigger though lol

SevenCatStudios

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!