Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vastoom's custom Jetpack.

• 4 Replies

Vastoom

• How can I help you today?
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Vastoom's custom Jetpack.
« on: Mar 12, 2015, 03:25 PM »
I started work on a jet pack and as with everything I do I was too excited to start the wip and update it step by step. So here is my retroactive wip. 
I started with 2 extra large orange cups and 4 large green cups.

I added 4 pieces of PVC to the outward facing side and used fiberglass resin to smooth them together. I will be using bondo to finish the smoothing.

I then added some thinner plastic to the backside.

lots of finishing still and need to figure out an attachment method.

« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2015, 04:14 PM by Vastoom » Logged

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Vastoom's custom Jetpack.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2015, 04:34 PM »
You and me both.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Vastoom

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2015, 07:41 AM »
As much as I liked the Idea of a complete custom jet pack I decided to go with the arena PEP jet pack. after assembling the templates I fiber glassed them. I added a little bondo to fill out some areas and give mine a little different appearance. I used a couple old gear belts as greeblies to give it some texture finally it was time to paint. After that I added a couple strips of automotive detail lights to the body and connected them to a 9v battery in the base. I made a harness system to wear inside my vest and attached two clips to the back through my backplate. I will probably have to add a attachment to the bottom but so far it fits snuggly to my back.

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Best Blaster: Pistol is the award for the best pistol. Funny that!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2015, 10:35 AM »
 :o  8) 

What did you use for the cones?

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Vastoom

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2015, 03:09 PM »
Other than the parts that are green its all just the arena pack pep file made out of card stock.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!