Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bubblehead's Wip also my first kit

• 28 Replies

Bubblehead

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Bubblehead's Wip also my first kit
« on: Mar 17, 2015, 12:05 AM »
So I have been mostly posting the progress in the forum for my local clan.
Finally made it to an armor party last weekend and I am now ready to share with the world.
So lets start with my bucket shall we.
Its a scratch build from a 5 gal bucket and a skateboarding helmet.
the paint job at the end is going to be redone was just excited to get it done

Bubblehead

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Bubblehead's Wip also my first kit
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2015, 12:11 AM »
And now to armor pieces

OOPS. Looks like the diamond dropped.

The zipper will be hidden.

Aleara

• Does it matter? I'm a dragon!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2015, 12:13 AM »
Looking great so far. I bought a similar-style bike helmet for my bucket. I may have to do the same as you did with yours, as long as the design I've drawn up is okay with the app team. :)

Bubblehead

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2015, 12:18 AM »
And how about some weapons.
Pistol and assault rifle
Flame thrower gauntlet

Kyra Iscandar

• She/They
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2015, 11:52 AM »
your weapons both still look pretty nerfy. for the pistol, smooth the top part flat, and add some greebs, maybe a scope too; for the rifle, chop off the carry handle on top and do something with the barrel part, and if i remember correctly, exposed circuit boards are not acceptable as greebs

Kar'tayl cuy kot

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2015, 11:56 AM »
Exposed Circuts are frowned upon yes. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Bubblehead

« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2015, 01:34 PM »
Well crap. Back to the drawing board.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2015, 01:40 PM »
Your build seems to be coming along great. However as the others pointed out, the weapons still have some pretty evident nerf telltale signs.
- Pistol: it's still easily recognized as a Firestrike, the disk shape on the sides is the biggest evidence of this.
- Rifle: the carry handle and the front shroud are the giveaways on this one, nice job so far on hiding the longshot base for most of it though.

Nerf mods, as I understand it, require lots of mods and shape alteration to be considered viable as approved props for the sake of getting OM status. If however this is not your goal, then please do continue your work! You got some nice mods done and a heck of a smooth finish!

CAT #1573

Bubblehead

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:43 PM »
The weapons are taking the most work and I was trying to have them done by ECCC at the end of the month.  I'll just concentrate on finishing my kit, set aside the big gun and finish up the pistol. My goal is to be OM. This is mostly what I think as a major trail run.  I hope to be able to use most of what I have for my final kit.
I know the guns need more work and I can take care of that after con( currently place holders for con). My main concern is the actual armor and soft pieces right now.
And I do want and need any input anyone is willing to give.
And on another note my primary color is rust with secondary as dark green. White and light ivory as highlight/accent colors.
Flight suit, boots, and flak vest are black.

Bubblehead

« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2015, 03:22 PM »
Just a bit of an update. primer done. about to spray steel on everything.

Bubblehead

« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2015, 01:16 AM »
Got some more painting done! YAY!

Aleara

• Does it matter? I'm a dragon!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:44 PM »
What silver paint did you use?

Bubblehead

« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2015, 04:58 PM »
I have been using model paint.
that one is model master  steel

Bubblehead

« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2015, 05:14 PM »
And next coat is rust

and the rust bucket.  :)
getting repainted

Bubblehead

« Reply #14 on: Apr 01, 2015, 07:22 PM »
I know its been a few since I posted some updated pics.  Well I got enough done to wear to Emerald City Comicon this last weekend.
I know I'm missing the knee armor and boot  armor.  I did not get the tanks for done for the flame thrower guantlet or the blaster rifle.
But what I did get done looks pretty good I think.
I apologize for not having any pics of just the finished pieces but here s what I got

Pic of the back plate kinda

Bubblehead

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 10:21 AM »
deleted due threw the idea out

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2016, 12:56 PM by Bubblehead » Logged

Bubblehead

« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2016, 12:55 PM »
I know it has been a long time since my last post(almost a year).
So I hope its okay to resurrect this thread.
I am looking for any critiques you can give.
A few things I already know about...
Some shoelace still visible(working on a fix for that)....
Pistol is further along on paint, no greblies or it will not fit into holster...
Need to align bicep armor to shoulder bell better....
Still need sling for blaster rifle.....
Minimal weather, personal choice....
Comment please, I want it all the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Looking to submit within the next 2 weeks.
Thank you.

[/URL

Bubblehead

« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2016, 01:20 PM »
And on a side note I do believe this needs to be moved to armor components please.

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: Mar 20, 2016, 07:27 PM »
And on a side note I do believe this needs to be moved to armor components please.

Why, yes it does lol. Moving now.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Mar 24, 2016, 01:43 PM »
Level of weathering is up to you - as long as it's consistent throughout the kit, no one will bat an eye ;)

Shoelaces, you could just add spats, or a cover made of fabric for just that spot.

Your pistol's shape looks good to me, you've quite successfully removed all the distinguishing Nerfy details ;D

Looks like on the right (your left) your backplate tab is lifting a bit.  You should be able to reform that to get it to lie flat without affecting your paint, if you heat from the back.

What's the strapping on your shins made of?

You may wanna iron your cape/loin/kama. So many wrinkles haha :P

I don't know if the wrap on the big gun will pass muster... I would submit a question to the App Team, just to be on the safe side.

Spacing on the chest looks pretty good, nice work :)

Looks like you're super close, vod! Have you gotten in touch with your local clan's Ruus'alor? When you're ready to start the app process, let them know and they'll run you through Pre-App. Pre-app is the best way to catch everything and, hopefully, get your app approved in one go ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Bubblehead

« Reply #20 on: Mar 24, 2016, 08:32 PM »
Thank you very much. I have the same pics in my clans pre-app thread as well.
 Ralin Voth has been providing invaluable feedback, but nothing on the wrap for the blaster. I will ask about in the pre app thread.
the straps on my shins are nylon.
the back plate should be fun as it is the only part of my kit using 6mil sintra.
I hope to have updated and final pics this weekend.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2016, 08:05 AM »
I think Kav caught or answered most things. Looking forward to seeing you coming through the apps soon I think.

Just one thing that's jumping out at me - is that a scratchbuild helmet? The visor seems very big on the horizontal part, although the lack of a brow ridge may be accentuating that.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Bubblehead

« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2016, 10:19 AM »
Yes it is a scratch built helmet. I did turn out a little bigger than intended.
 It was also the first thing I did for my kit.
First time I had done anything like this before.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85988.msg1276585#msg1276585

Bubblehead

« Reply #23 on: Mar 31, 2016, 12:06 AM »
new pics and fixs.

Pulse

« Reply #24 on: Apr 01, 2016, 03:33 PM »
Very nice work! You did such a good job. Good luck on OM status!

Mando WIPs - Armor | Helmet | Soft
Vornskr Clan | MMCC #....

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!