Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kurshi Be'Jahaal - Now Upgrades (Working Photos on Pg 21)

• 319 Replies

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
Re: Colorblind Mando's Armor WIP
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2015, 02:17 AM »
Looking good! I like the square-ish look you've been doing to your armor - most kits I've seen are pretty rounded, so it stands out.

Paint color - mostly I'm trying to find something that matches my yellow/gold on my soft parts. I'm between the krylon yellow sunrise and their gold-ish color (forget what it's called) but neither one quite match, so I may have to special order in a color. Got to be perfect, you know!

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2015, 02:58 AM »
Looks good so far. :D
Personally, I'd make those burns into lightsaber hits.  8)

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2015, 10:02 AM »
Looking good! I like the square-ish look you've been doing to your armor - most kits I've seen are pretty rounded, so it stands out.

Paint color - mostly I'm trying to find something that matches my yellow/gold on my soft parts. I'm between the krylon yellow sunrise and their gold-ish color (forget what it's called) but neither one quite match, so I may have to special order in a color. Got to be perfect, you know!

Thanks! I think the angular look to the armor will be a little unique. I've seen it done occasionally and I've just really liked the look of it. Oh, and whenever you get your color ordered, order one for me too!  :P

Looks good so far. :D
Personally, I'd make those burns into lightsaber hits.  8)

That's pretty much what I'm thinking! I almost tried to give an intentional burn to the side of my left gaunt, but I totally chickened out for fear of screwing something up. Lol

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Kurshi BeJahaal

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #153 on: Dec 01, 2015, 12:12 PM »
So I'm back. It's been way too long since I've touched my kit. I'm hard pressed to get it ready to wear for Episode VII. Wish me luck as I try to bust this out.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #154 on: Dec 01, 2015, 12:34 PM »
Glad to see you back at it, vod!

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Aria

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #155 on: Dec 01, 2015, 09:26 PM »
DUDE!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED!  :o

Good luck with the kit!! Lots to do and little time, but you'll get there.  :)

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #156 on: Dec 01, 2015, 10:51 PM »
DUDE!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED!  :o

Good luck with the kit!! Lots to do and little time, but you'll get there.  :)

I dropped off the face of the earth for a while I feel like. You're an OM now?! That's so awesome! I'll have to check your threads and see how it all came to be! Congratulations on that awesome achievement by the way! I can't wait to take a look at everything!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #157 on: Dec 01, 2015, 11:26 PM »
Hm..intriguing. Keeping my eye on this one.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #158 on: Dec 02, 2015, 01:51 AM »
It's great to see you back vod!

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Corvus

• "Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen.
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months EnviroOps
« Reply #159 on: Dec 02, 2015, 10:42 AM »
Really dig the bucket, man.  ;D

| MMCC #1219 | K.O.M.S #50 | IT-Mando #19 | M.V.S.  #21 | S.O.S. #15
WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=83165.0

Aria

« Reply #160 on: Dec 03, 2015, 10:38 PM »
I dropped off the face of the earth for a while I feel like. You're an OM now?! That's so awesome! I'll have to check your threads and see how it all came to be! Congratulations on that awesome achievement by the way! I can't wait to take a look at everything!
Thanks! It feels amazing to kit up for the first time as an OM!!  :D I'm still so happy!

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #161 on: Dec 05, 2015, 11:40 PM »
So all of my upper body plates need reshaping. Apparently, taking the gym seriously has been paying off. I think I'm going to use my crappy homemade vest for now, until I can get a better one made. I've got an idea for my left gaunt using the housing of an old guitar pedal. It'll be my comms gaunt, but I've got a few questions about it before I get cracking on it. I'll get some pictures up soon and get a few opinions!

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #162 on: Dec 06, 2015, 12:29 AM »
So I'm staring at an old guitar pedal and thinking, "Where can I put this on my kit?" And it comes to me... A comms device for a gaunt! So I tore it apart and got this.

I think I need to fit it down in my gaunt a little, because I don't like how much it sticks out on the top.

But I think in doing so it will look pretty good when I repaint it, add the knobs back on top and put some buttons down in the sunken in part. Don't worry, I'll grind off the raised "BOSS" logo there!

So this will probably be my next task after I fit my plates to my body once again. It seems a little challenging, but I don't think it will be too terrible

« Reply #163 on: Dec 06, 2015, 12:37 AM »
i like this... have you considered turning it around?

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #164 on: Dec 06, 2015, 10:26 AM »
i like this... have you considered turning it around?

I hadn't tried that, but it wouldn't hurt to see how it looks.  :)

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #165 on: Dec 06, 2015, 11:43 AM »
Ooh, I like it! Repurposing found objects instantly makes anything feel more swarsy, haha.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Aria

« Reply #166 on: Dec 06, 2015, 10:55 PM »
Don't worry, I'll grind off the raised "BOSS" logo there!
No, you should totally leave the "BOSS" on there. It totally cannon.  :P

Looks like a really cool idea. Gaunts are the hardest part, I think, deciding how to make them unique and keep them in universe. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #167 on: Dec 08, 2015, 08:32 PM »
I primed mostly all of my armor tonight. I need to reshape my backplate and I'm not sure if I should shape it before I prime it. I don't know if the heat will affect the base coat, so I'm playing it safe and waiting. Since it's cold out, I had to do a few pieces at a time and bring them in to stay warm. I think I went in and out of my apartment about twenty times or more. But they're done!

I also will be having a vest made for me (if I get a few extra dollars this Hanukkah season 8)) that far surpasses my craftsmanship! Some of you may have actually ordered a vest from K'raam Xrati also. Needless to say that I'm excited once again. Seeing those plates turn grey really gave me a little boost! If weather permits, I'll try to get some silver on them next.

The piano hinge that I ordered is on its way and should arrive tomorrow. I'm really excited to see my left gauntlet get finished. Anyway, here's a quick shot of everything on my kitchen floor. Keep in mind, my chest plates have been done for... Ohhh... I don't know... Six months? The helmet needs bondo and sanding. I'm NOT really thrilled for that.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #168 on: Dec 08, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Ooh, I like it! Repurposing found objects instantly makes anything feel more swarsy, haha.

That's exactly what I was going for!  ;)
No, you should totally leave the "BOSS" on there. It totally cannon.  :P

Looks like a really cool idea. Gaunts are the hardest part, I think, deciding how to make them unique and keep them in universe. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Maybe I should just put a K at the end of BOSS and say that he challenged me to a foot race and I beat him so that was my prize.  :D :D :D :P

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #169 on: Dec 09, 2015, 06:07 AM »
Also in case you didn't realize it you need to have at least 1/3 of the vertical part of the visor visible. It doesn't look like you have quite enough right now.

I was completely unaware of this. Thank you for the heads up! I hadn't planned on doing any more for the vertical part, but I'll make sure I cut it out a little more. Thanks again!

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #170 on: Dec 09, 2015, 12:22 PM »
Glad to help! If you want you can cut bits out of the lower part similar to how the executioner helmet has it. The executioner is considered the minimum amount of visor visible that we allow.

That's kind of the idea I was playing off of. I love that helmet, but couldn't afford it so I thought I'd attempt to do something similar. This is no sweat, I've got something in mind but I'll take a peek at the executioner again.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #171 on: Dec 25, 2015, 06:03 PM »
So I was blessed with a late Hanukkah gift. My sister had got me the Red Kap charcoal coveralls that I needed for my flight suit. Huzzah! Just to double check, all pockets must be removed and side pockets must be sewn shut, correct? Has anyone ever used these suits and if so, what are your thoughts? I'm tall, but I think these will just barely work.

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #172 on: Dec 25, 2015, 06:15 PM »
Anything that is visible must be modified to non standard pockets. If it's under the flak or a kama then you are good. The patch (buttcheck) pockets should be removed and inset (hip) pockets closed. Great Hannukah gift to get.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #173 on: Jan 02, 2016, 12:50 AM »
Well, some progress was made today. I fiddled around with my gaunts for a bit, cut the T deeper in my helmet, cut some more layers for the cod, and practiced a little Mando'a!

I cut a slot from my sintra to allow the comms device to sit down into the gauntlet.

It's a slow process but it's something. Now will this be deep enough to pass? And what are your thoughts on the grill idea for the buy'ce?

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016, 06:10 AM by Kurshi BeJahaal » Logged

Aria

« Reply #174 on: Jan 17, 2016, 11:26 PM »
The pic of your bucket isn't loading.... :(

Gaunts look cool....you gonna add some bondo to the sides to smooth them in a little bit?

Weather's been fun up here for working on kits too. I've made a sanding nest out of a tarp and my living room for the past few days.  :laugh:

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!