Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

kit questions

• 7 Replies
kit questions
« on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:22 PM »
hello all   :D

just was wondering as i am a member of GDrecon ( German re-enactment group ) i was wondering if its possible to use some of the kit like the belt with a different buckle as a simple given due to what the symbol on it is, the kar98k pouches and water canteen, small simple things like that, or should i go about looking or making something different

also so there are no misunderstandings i have no political views, last time i joined a costume group they took the whole re-enactment stuff the wrong way  :(

if the credits are right, i might just have what you need

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
Re: kit questions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:11 PM »
Do you have any pictures of the items in question?

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medic Brigade
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Dhagon Varad

• Adam Beck #1243
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2015, 11:50 PM »
From what hes saying it sounds like its old WW2 German gear. The belt buckle though (since hes saying he would replace it) is obviously Wehrmacht (but not SS based off the regiment his group portrays according to my wikipedia searches)

@ the OP: WW2 surplus was used all through out starwars, and Mp40 and luger ammo pouches would easily fit in. In fact MP40 ammo pouches were on the Sand trooper pauldrons. Just be sure to change that buckle obviously.

It sounds like the re-enactment groups you are involved in are similar to the re-enactment groups we have in America where people re-enact the revolutionary and Civil war. Obviously someone has to be the bad guy for re-enactment battles.

While I wouldn't want to portray the bad guys in a re-enactment I understand why people do(other wise you couldn't do it) and hopefully people here are mature enough to understand its a re-enactment historical group instead of something else (unless you somehow proved otherwise.)

« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2015, 02:14 AM by Inverted42 » Logged
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2015, 11:33 AM »
il get pictures up for you ^^ and yeah the reason i explain myself now is due to people misunderstanding my reasons for reenacting and if you want heres the link to my group ^^ http://www.panzeraufgd.co.uk/

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2015, 11:52 AM »
Don't worry about any of us getting on your case about reenacting, regardless of what side you portray.  We dress up in costumes based on one of the kinda-badguys in Star Wars.  As for using some of your WWII gear, the answer is more likely yes than no, because as stated above, a LOT of Star Wars costumes and props are adapted from WWII equipment.

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2015, 02:17 PM »
glad to hear that and yeah i guess so but i always prefer to ask rather than giving it a all clear before i know what to do

Dhagon Varad

• Adam Beck #1243
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:33 PM »
No worries mate. You shouldn't have any problems here. Sorry that groups elsewhere don't get it.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:52 PM »
hahaaa no problem some people are bound to be like that XD

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!